Atlanta Braves News

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't know if Pache and Waters will be ready next year but a 1 year rental wouldn't get either of those.... Maybe Camargo
If they not ready to move up, why not bite the bullet for a year (especially if they don't resign donaldson .)
I have doubts they would want a long term deal.

I think you're right but why wouldn't they want a long term deal with a player of that caliber?

I guess, seeing the ridiculous deals given to Harper and that dude in San Diego, I should probably understand. But who's to say he couldn't be had for a "reasonable" long-term deal?

I mean, it's possible. Right? Lie to me.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Last edited:

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Just-released Pirates backstop Francisco Cervelli evidently won’t spend much time on the open market. He is slated to ink a deal with the Braves, according to Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (via Twitter). Whether it’s of the major or minor-league variety isn’t known.
The Braves need help as Catcher and I hope SS Adeiny Hechavarria is on the 2020 Braves he's better defensively than Dansby Swanson but doesn't hit as well:cool:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Just-released Pirates backstop Francisco Cervelli evidently won’t spend much time on the open market. He is slated to ink a deal with the Braves, according to Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (via Twitter). Whether it’s of the major or minor-league variety isn’t known.

Isn't that the guy who said, due to injury, he could no longer play catcher?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tejada is downsliding. This year he is 1 for 9. I’m not a big fan of his defense, or versatility. Who would you cut, in his place? Albies isn’t hurt is he?

I’m voting “no,” but if you have a plan please tell us more.

I’d like to keep your boy, Adeiny when Swanson returns. He can be the super-sub to replace Johan. Culberson needs some help if he’s going to keep helping in the OF.
Hoping Riley is going to spark us again. Man, we need it for the Eastern Rivals coming up!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Tejada is downsliding. This year he is 1 for 9. I’m not a big fan of his defense, or versatility. Who would you cut, in his place? Albies isn’t hurt is he?

I’m voting “no,” but if you have a plan please tell us more.

I’d like to keep your boy, Adeiny when Swanson returns. He can be the super-sub to replace Johan. Culberson needs some help if he’s going to keep helping in the OF.
Hoping Riley is going to spark us again. Man, we need it for the Eastern Rivals coming up!
Great points you make about Tejada(y) I hope Riley gets the fire once again:cool:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If Cervelli feels physically like he can catch 2-3 times a week-I’d keep him. Flowers would be left off a potential playoff roster and become trade bait this Winter. I know we need to make sure ‘Cisco is in shape through the end of the month, but I like him.

What do you say YJF2018 and rest of y’all?

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
If Cervelli feels physically like he can catch 2-3 times a week-I’d keep him. Flowers would be left off a potential playoff roster and become trade bait this Winter. I know we need to make sure ‘Cisco is in shape through the end of the month, but I like him.

What do you say YJF2018 and rest of y’all?
Going into the Playoffs i would keep a 3 catcher thing going

1)Brian McCann
2)Tyler Flowers
3)Francisco Cervelli

It's a good idea to have a three catcher rotation since you can't tell when Brian McCann's knees will bother him again;)