Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
The 76-52 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves win 5-0 over the 45-80 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins. The winning pitcher for the Braves is 8-8 Julio Teheran and the losing pitcher for the Marlins is 8-7 Caleb Smith. The 76-52 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves lead the 69-57 2nd place in the NL East Washington Nationals by 6 games.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
  • A pair of young Braves regulars are slated to begin rehab assignments in the coming days, per Mark Bowman of MLB.com. Shortstop Dansby Swanson will join the Class-A Rome Braves on Thursday for a rehab stint, with rookie slugger Austin Riley joining him the following day. Swanson has been out since late July with a heel issue, while Riley has missed about two weeks with a partially torn right LCL. While the Braves have found capable replacements for both young stars and has gotten by without the pair, the club would no doubt welcome Swanson and Riley back to the lineup as soon as possible. Swanson has put together his best offensive season, while Riley has gotten his career off to a blistering start, slugging 17 home runs in just 66 Major League games.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Doesn't seem like a very Braves-ean move. Would this be a 1-year rental, basically? I doubt they'd have the stomach to pay him some 18-year, $600millo deal or w/e he'd end up with.
I think this is a writer trying to help the G.M. acquire an OF. I’m with you, as it doesn’t make sense/cents. Imagine what the Sox will want?
Only bringing it up, because two things are most likely going to happen. Atlanta needs another OF to go with Acuna and the two youngsters, because they probably won’t give Pache and Waters the job in April or break them in together(unless one is used as a fourth OF? I see Gwinnett longer for Waters). The other happening is Camargo being dealt. He didn’t play Winter Ball and reported out of shape, which angered Braves Management. Didn’t adapt to a utility role or win an OF job outright.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I think this is a writer trying to help the G.M. acquire an OF. I’m with you, as it doesn’t make sense/cents. Imagine what the Sox will want?
Only bringing it up, because two things are most likely going to happen. Atlanta needs another OF to go with Acuna and the two youngsters, because they probably won’t give Pache and Waters the job in April or break them in together(unless one is used as a fourth OF? I see Gwinnett longer for Waters). The other happening is Camargo being dealt. He didn’t play Winter Ball and reported out of shape, which angered Braves Management. Didn’t adapt to a utility role or win an OF job outright.
I don't think AA would pay Mookie's high price tag but it's nice to think about;)

GT_EE78

Banned