Atlanta Braves News

Milwaukee

Banned
As a Nationals fan... you obviously would rather win division than be part of the one & done wildcard deal. However, I think (this year... the way the Nationals are built), I would rather be in a race to win 3 games v Dodgers (in NLDS) than having to beat them to 4. Counter-intuitive, I know. Also... Bradley's scenario with a healthy Scherzer starting wildcard, then game 3 of NLDS v Dodgers... I do like the sound of that.

Yes... I am resigned to best Nationals can do after 162 games is #1 Wildcard spot.

Too many games left for that kind of thinking. You guys are are right there in it with tons of games to play and lots of NL East matchups where these 6 and 8 game leads can literally switch to 2-4 in a heartbeat. You guys are playing EXCEPTIONALLY and I wouldn't mind you getting the East if we blow it so long as we can still salvage the WC. I was a bit snippy with you during Wednesday's night game but that's only cause you're a Wash fan and by default that means you suck. I'm glad your boys are chasing us like their hair is on fire, it makes great baseball. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. And my apologies in advance for the absolute rain I'm going to bring down on you the rest of the way. Cheers, and I'm glad you're here and contributing. You're a true Wash fan who is very knowledgeable. How crazy would this thread be if we had a real PHI fan in here with us mixing it up.

I'll say this, no matter what happens down the stretch with the EAST, hopefully ATL and Wash can both get in and I don't think anyone wants to play either of us.

Nice win tonight Bravos, night win tonight Fred.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Too many games left for that kind of thinking. You guys are are right there in it with tons of games to play and lots of NL East matchups where these 6 and 8 game leads can literally switch to 2-4 in a heartbeat. You guys are playing EXCEPTIONALLY and I wouldn't mind you getting the East if we blow it so long as we can still salvage the WC. I was a bit snippy with you during Wednesday's night game but that's only cause you're a Wash fan and by default that means you suck. I'm glad your boys are chasing us like their hair is on fire, it makes great baseball. Best of luck to you guys the rest of the way. And my apologies in advance for the absolute rain I'm going to bring down on you the rest of the way. Cheers, and I'm glad you're here and contributing. You're a true Wash fan who is very knowledgeable. How crazy would this thread be if we had a real PHI fan in here with us mixing it up.

I'll say this, no matter what happens down the stretch with the EAST, hopefully ATL and Wash can both get in and I don't think anyone wants to play either of us.

Nice win tonight Bravos, night win tonight Fred.
Don't STOP! DON'T STOP! ...you little softy. ;)

Good post. Thank you. You don't owe me any apology. Once you actually offend me... I'll let you know. I appreciate being an uninvited "guest" to the Braves thread.

To put a bow on the other night... I wasn't trying to change your mind or even disagreeing with your take. I was trying to understand your rationale & thought. You explained it... through all the insults, I figured it out. :)

You are correct about lots of baseball still remaining including head to head stuff. The facts to this point don't lead me to believe the Braves will have a cold streak (even a short one)... which is needed for Nationals to threaten. I'd love to be wrong... & I'll be watching. The Nats have made up basically no ground despite their great play over 2+ months.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Although it was obviously good to get the sweep, it's a little concerning getting outhit my the mighty Marlins in 2/3 games, the Braves were basically saved by the long-ball ... that's the old Bobby Cox way.
Could it be possible that the Braves post season undoing would be consistent hitting instead of pitching ??
Folty vs. deGrom tonight with both teams coming in with a 5-game winning streak ... what's our chances vs. deGrom, I'm personally not filled with confidence.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Although it was obviously good to get the sweep, it's a little concerning getting outhit my the mighty Marlins in 2/3 games, the Braves were basically saved by the long-ball ... that's the old Bobby Cox way.
Could it be possible that the Braves post season undoing would be consistent hitting instead of pitching ??
Folty vs. deGrom tonight with both teams coming in with a 5-game winning streak ... what's our chances vs. deGrom, I'm personally not filled with confidence.
We tend to win when deGrom pitches. He usually dominates but we somehow score a couple unearned runs or tag the bullpen as soon as he leaves.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I think the Braves win 2-3 in New York:cool:

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I'm not sure what you are saying is false? I guess I should've been more specific that my statement was retaining to the last two years since we've been a good team and not during our rebuild. For instance last year when he won the CY Young award. https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ez-lead-braves-to-3-1-win-over-mets/37297823/ "Atlanta has four runs in 33 innings against Jacob deGrom this season and is 5-0 against him." He's 7-7 in 20 career starts vs Atlanta with a 2.00 ERA and has allowed hitters a .215 BA , .262 OBP, .312 SLG, and .574 OPS. I'm not going to look up how many of the 6 no decisions we ended up winning but I would say it's more than we lost.