Atlanta Braves News

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Posted it yesterday. Thanks for making sure we see it though.

I’ve got a rumor to start. What do you guys think of surrendering Folty for a rental like Bumgarner or Will Smith? Before you laugh me off the page, Mike was our #1 coming into this Spring. The Giants have the innings to give, maybe 12-14 more starts. The upside for them is a ready ace for next season, instead of a suspect or two-who might not pan out and takes a few years to find out. It hurts our depth, however we don’t trade away a precious outfielder or another Adam Wainwright/Mike Minor type. It’s called going for it. What da ya think?
I want the Braves to trade Folty for whatever they can get for him because i don't think he will ever regain his old form.

Milwaukee

Banned
Posted it yesterday. Thanks for making sure we see it though.

I’ve got a rumor to start. What do you guys think of surrendering Folty for a rental like Bumgarner or Will Smith? Before you laugh me off the page, Mike was our #1 coming into this Spring. The Giants have the innings to give, maybe 12-14 more starts. The upside for them is a ready ace for next season, instead of a suspect or two-who might not pan out and takes a few years to find out. It hurts our depth, however we don’t trade away a precious outfielder or another Adam Wainwright/Mike Minor type. It’s called going for it. What da ya think?

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’d trade for any of those players the two of you fellas mentioned. This is our time. Rule 5 is coming up at the end of Fall, and we need to move some guys. Can’t protect everyone. That’s the dilemma when the rebuild started, is now coming to fruition and having led to a stockpile of arms.

We can part with Contreras after this past draft. Folty was depth that might take longer than a few months. Especially when it’s not a physical ailment. Inciarte is excess defensive talent Riley can take the place of, and with pop.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Absolutely, positively, please:
https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/castilu02.shtml
....and:
Jon Gray, SP, Colorado
In his first full year in the bigs in 2017, Gray went 10-4 with a 3.67 ERA in 10 starts.

While last season was a regression, Gray has emerged this season as a top of the rotation starter for the Rockies.

He is 9-7 with a 4.11 ERA, 1.388 WHIP, 124 strikeouts to 45 walks, an ERA plus of 130, and a WAR of 3.3

Since June 1st, Gray has nine starts and carries a 5-2 record with a 2.92 ERA during that span.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Fred, you are a class act! Glad to hear your comments today. I’d believe you over any of those other fan forums. You shoot straight with us, hold nothing back and break down opinion from fact. Baseball might be the most difficult to predict? I didn’t make any this year, although I would have had the Phillies, Nats, Braves, Mets, Fish in that order. Goes to show spending the money doesn’t win it, plus they have had several injuries in Brotherly Love-ville. I think Sanchez is the best #4 man in baseball. Guys on here, will tell you how much we all wanted him back in Atlanta. We like Zuki too!

Good luck the next two games and all week. I believe you get at least one of the next two. Go get those L.A. showboats, show them some Eastern clobbering. I hope we meet in the NLCS!!
Thank you, @Buzzbomb!
Baseball is great. All the numbers you'd ever need to predict results... yet, all the uncertainty to keep the smart guys not-so smart.

Max Scherzer often credits Suzuki for executing "their" game plan when "they" have success. He's always done that with his battery mates. IMO elite (HOF caliber) pitchers like Scherzer are truly dominant because of preparation. Obviously, you need the athletic ability (arm strength, command, & multiple out pitches). But guys like Scherzer (there are only a few) prepare intensely. They are nearly always a step ahead of the batter & know (situationally) how to maximize their advantage. Suzuki gets credit for in game adjustments based on what is working for his pitchers AND seeing how the opposing hitters are trying to adjust too. And if that isn't enough, Scherzer is famous for how much he COMPETES. He hates losing. Whether its ping pong or fantasy football. He has a reputation as a guy who cannot stand losing at ANYTHING. I am glad he's on my team. Too bad this injury is turning out to be something longer term.

Nationals will probably be in a dogfight for a wildcard. Your Braves need to worry about how to manage the need for "rest" toward end of summer, yet being able to ramp up to be in top form come playoff time. Many teams struggle with that. I wish NLDS was a 7 game series instead of 5... & that's a big reason.