Atlanta Braves News

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Nicely put, Jake.

Shane Carle is back up. Looking at the rest of the bullpen, what can I say?

Buzz, did you see Mark Bradley's article in the AJC the other day about the Braves signing Kimbrel ?
He stated that he wasn't for it previously but now that Kimbrel has dropped his asking price he would do it.
I think it was 3 years, $15MM and it was less than we are paying Donaldson ...
Also, sorry to say, but Carle doesn't exactly give me a whole lot of confidence either ...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I didn’t read Bradley, but one of my friends tells me Kimbrel is firing his agent. My theory is the Braves will wait until June when they get to keep the 60th pick in the draft. Naturally, competition should make it interesting and far from a slam dunk.

Wish we would do it now, and grab Keuchel while the iron is hot. What do you think about giving up those non-first round draft picks as compensation for the pair, Jake?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
They have given up 4 runs to blow the 3 run lead. Only 1 out, bases loaded again. All in one-half inning, the nightmare seventh.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The 7th inning. Fried went 6 full, quality innings. Only walked one man. Since then, in 1 1/3 innings, the ‘pen has walked 4 and hit two batters.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Didn’t like using 5 guys out of the bullpen last night or any night for that matter. We are asking 5 guys to “have it,” and to “be on.”

Inciarte with a big double in the ninth, Braves stall out, still tied 2-2. Oh, Bull-pen?

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t read Bradley, but one of my friends tells me Kimbrel is firing his agent. My theory is the Braves will wait until June when they get to keep the 60th pick in the draft. Naturally, competition should make it interesting and far from a slam dunk.

Wish we would do it now, and grab Keuchel while the iron is hot. What do you think about giving up those non-first round draft picks as compensation for the pair, Jake?

Buzz, I just saw this ... I would do it, the sooner the better. IMO, the writing is on the wall, we've got a good team, but to be a season long contender and maybe even further we need bullpen help.
Personally, I'm getting a little tired of hearing about how the Braves have the best Minor League talent and it's time to make a move at the Major League level !!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Buzz, I just saw this ... I would do it, the sooner the better. IMO, the writing is on the wall, we've got a good team, but to be a season long contender and maybe even further we need bullpen help.
Personally, I'm getting a little tired of hearing about how the Braves have the best Minor League talent and it's time to make a move at the Major League level !!
POST OF THE DECADE!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

I read one ESPN "expert's" opinion that the team in the NL East that best resolves their bullpen issues will become the division favorite. At that point, the Braves had the best bullpen ERA in the division... Link here:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26516833/the-most-important-storylines-loaded-nl-east-race