Atlanta Braves News

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
This feels sillier by the day for me. Are we just gonna yo-yo our staff up and down all season every time they don't dominate? Touki had a bad showing so we send him back down? He saved our *** the other day with 6 innings of clinical work. He's one of the best we have, keep him up and let him get better.

Who's running this sh*tshow?

I suspect that this is a roster decision to bring in more pitching for today after a lot of bullpen innings yesterday. Toussaint wouldn't be available to pitch again for a few days, he has options, and the Braves need pitchers for today. I imagine that he'll be back up when he's eligible to be called back up.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Dear Alex;
Please do not trade Max Fried, under any circumstances. No, not even for a proven reliever. Keep Reggie Smith on the payroll. He was a good hire this Spring, because Maxie has known him since being a youngster at his camps. Yes, spend some money? Sooner than later. We are challenging for the lead in the division as we go past the 1/8th part of the season now, in case your calendar fell off the wall with the Liberty Media logo on it.

Leave some seats behind the plate for my friend, Jake. Tell Josh that Milwaukee is charting his at bats, and I’m sorry for bad mouthing Donaldson and the Bullpen for most of the first 20 games. Can you send Mike a password that he can remember, so we can hear from him again, before the relief pitchers go up and down in the masses or GT’s opener with Clempson? Possibly he will remember a passcode like “Go Braves, starters all go nine.”

Thanks,
BuzzB.(your buddy, win or win).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Maybe @Milwaukee will try it on the ‘Pen too? Can’t hurt, can it? Wow, “A Star (Pitcher) Was Born,” the newest version of an old classic with Max Fried as the leading man-and the relievers almost self-destructed with a double digit lead when they entered in an 11-1 game.

Gas Can Alley is in Madison, Wisconsin. We have our own Gas Can’s located in the back half of professional baseball games in Atl., which @Milwaukee is well aware of.

Last edited:

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Over an incredible high/low weekend of Braves baseball, the most amazing thing for me was Shane Carle pitching 3-2/3 innings of scoreless baseball in Game 2 ...
After Parsons bullpen meltdown in Game 1, I was thinking Touki was going to shut them down, that didn't happen, but Carle turned out to be the unlikely bullpen hero !
In today's AJC, Smoltz is still pining for Kimbrel and nothing I have seen has changed my mind ...
I don't know what the un-likeability is of Donaldson, maybe getting off to a slow start or maybe his haircut, but keep hitting like yesterday and I'll learn to love him !!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I do wonder if Kimbrel is "over the hill". It doesn't take much loss of speed for an elite pitcher to suddenly become a very ordinary pitcher.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
The Yanks officially released Gio Gonzalez today. I'm wondering if the Braves should kick the tires on him. We could use a veteran to go with all of the young guys we keep throwing out there.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
The Yanks officially released Gio Gonzalez today. I'm wondering if the Braves should kick the tires on him. We could use a veteran to go with all of the young guys we keep throwing out there.

That's the other thing with Kimbrel, even if he's lost a little, I think we need the veteran arm, he'd be a good mentor for AJ Minter and the rest of the young guys ... and he'd still be our best bet as closer !

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
At the end of the season, Kimbrel was mid-90’s. Typically, throwing strikes. He’s learned to pitch, so I would take my chances(Minter is around 94 mph, and he is our closer right now).

We lost Vizcaino for 2019. Not coming back this year.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Jesse Biddle has turned into a walk machine out of the pen.

Yes, I couldn't believe after his wild pitch to move the runners to second and third, Snitker intentionally walked the next batter !!
I know it's "the book" to load the bases with less than two out so you have an out at any base and a potential double-play scenario ... but Biddle hasn't pitched well and has been a walk machine !!
... and ends up walking in the winning run.
FYI, AJC article says Folty will be back in the rotation Saturday.

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
I am going to the Braves game this Friday (I know I will be missing the Spring Game), and wanted to know how early I need to have the kids there in order to get a bobble head. I think the first 15000 get one, and gates open 2 hours before first pitch. If anyone has any experience, or tips please let me know.