Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
McCann planning to come back next Wednesday.
Maybe I’m holding the 23m. Donaldson is taking up(which is not his fault at all)against him subconsciously? Also, he knocked my boy off 3B. Plus, we had more pressing needs. Hello, Kimbrel and Keuchel and a RF stud!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Leadoff only batting .196. Time for Albies to stay there vs. righties? Probably so.

Looks like Kimbrel will replace his agent. If the Brewers truly have the funds, they want him. The Braves need to get after this opportunity, IMO. Bullpen has done well of late, although I don’t trust the limited success we are having. Touki was great for 6 innings, keeping the carnage down.

What do we do about Newk? Lefties come late with development, and after his almost no-hitter last season, it has mostly been a struggle with location and control leading to extreme inconsistencies.

GTballer21

Jolly Good Fellow
So are you saying the Mets pitchers are now getting the pitches called off the corner of the plate that Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz used to get during the Braves historic run in winning division championships?
No I’m saying the umpire was inconsistent all night and he had a power trip and started calling BS strikes after Snitker got thrown out. He was obviously butthurt and took it personally.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Good comeback this weekend to split the series with the Mets, even though it's early I think it was significant. Sometimes these early series vs Divisional teams set's the tone for the rest of the season.
This looks like a 4-horse race down to the finish-line.
IMO, Newcomb needs to be sent down to Gwinnett for help. Touki was fantastic and saved the day Saturday !
I gotta say Julio was impressive, going toe-to-toe with arguably the best pitcher in the league.
Ender is a concern ...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Newcomb was sent down Sunday a.m.(and Vizcaino was placed on the IL).
Jacob Webb, Dan Winkler were called up from Gwinnett.

Folty one more rehab., will face Cleveland on ESPN next Sunday night.

GT_EE78

Banned
at least a 4-horse race will keep the season entertaining. Maybe not the positive thing we would be looking for , but i think the Braves have more opportunity for pitching improvement during the season.Folty will help

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
at least a 4-horse race will keep the season entertaining. Maybe not the positive thing we would be looking for , but i think the Braves have more opportunity for pitching improvement during the season.Folty will help

I feel a little more optimistic about staying in the race after this weekend.
So much of the long baseball season is catching teams at the right/wrong time.
IMO, we caught the Mets at the wrong time, their bats were red-hot, but we still managed a split even with all our injuries in the starting rotation and beleaguered bullpen ...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Kevin Brown’s son:

A late round pick last June who is tearing up the Sally League.
————————————————————————————————
Raffy Ortega, a corner OF who might be ready for a breakthrough at 27 y.o.(the light came on during Winter Ball, and has continued at Gwinnett):
http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=542364#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jonny Venters placed on 10 day I.L.
Strained calf? I’ve hurt mine, while trying to “run away” from the bullpen in my mind. This might be more about getting him straightened out, other than in a big league game.