Atlanta Braves News

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Bryce Harper's hitting skills are slipping. I don't want the Braves to spend that much on a player whose skills are slipping.
Bryce is more than his average though. I can live with him hitting .260-.270 if he is dropping 30+HRs and and OBP over .400 because Harper is still going to walk a lot. Acuna, Donaldson, Freeman, Harper. That starting four is the best in baseball. Freddie instantly gets better being sandwiched between Harper and Donaldson.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
For the record, I'm fine if we pass on Bryce, but I also think he would make us a serious WS threat this year. Especially if that keeps him from going to Philly.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I think even if the Braves signed him that the Braves pitching staff still needs another starter and bullpen help to be good enough to go to the World Series.
Well, for the pen, the addition of O'Day should really help. I would have loved to get Kimbrel, but I don't think he is a necessity. Honestly, the only reason that I'm pissed off about the offseason is that the Braves didn't get an Ace. The rotation is solid and definitely good enough to get us to the playoffs and win a series, but I really wanted an Ace.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Well, for the pen, the addition of O'Day should really help. I would have loved to get Kimbrel, but I don't think he is a necessity. Honestly, the only reason that I'm pissed off about the offseason is that the Braves didn't get an Ace. The rotation is solid and definitely good enough to get us to the playoffs and win a series, but I really wanted an Ace.
I don't think the tightwads who run the Braves will ever spend the big bucks it takes to get a truly top notch starting pitcher.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Trade deadline is where I would expect that to happen if we are WS threats.

herb

Helluva Engineer
Braves revenue apparently jumped from 7 million to 94 million last year with a decrease of payroll so far this year.

Attachments

• C9933307-E2DB-4384-AA19-F965B96E1CB4.png
    C9933307-E2DB-4384-AA19-F965B96E1CB4.png
    462.8 KB · Views: 8

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I think in the long-run the Phillies will regret that contract ...
Why are Folty and Gaussman temporarily on shelf ?? ... I wonder if the Braves made a negotiated offer (and maybe they have) to Kumbrel if he'd come back to Atlanta ??
I personally would like to see it happen, as I have little faith in our current closers.