Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
AJ Pollock is looking for 80m., which the Braves say will not eliminate them. They love his defense, bat and age is only 31. He would cost Atlanta their third highest draft choice next June, since D’Backs gave him a qualifying offer.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves didn’t lose anyone in the Rule 5, Major or Minor League Phases.

Didn’t draft any players with the 20th selection or beyond in the Major League Phase.
Atlanta drafted in the 3A Phase:
1st Round-Braves: RHP Jason Creasy (D-backs), 17th pick.
2nd Round-Braves: RHP Rafael De Paula (Reds), 30th pick.
3rd Round-Braves: SS Riley Unroe (Angels), 38th pick.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Funny how Bark Madley(AJC, Mark Bradley)is proposing a Tehran for Sonny Gray trade, something I speculated a few or more pages back in this thread.

Also, it wouldn’t hurt to take one of those over abundance of OF’s the Bronx Bombers have. They need a SS for the first half of the season, because of an injury....so, what about Swanson, Julio for Aaron Hicks or Brett Gardner and Sonny Gray? Rather have Hicks as a SH, over Gardner who bats LH. What say you all? Get ‘er done by the new year?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Funny how Bark Madley(AJC, Mark Bradley)is proposing a Tehran for Sonny Gray trade, something I speculated a few or more pages back in this thread.

Also, it wouldn’t hurt to take one of those over abundance of OF’s the Bronx Bombers have. They need a SS for the first half of the season, because of an injury....so, what about Swanson, Julio for Aaron Hicks or Brett Gardner and Sonny Gray? Rather have Hicks as a SH, over Gardner who bats LH. What say you all? Get ‘er done by the new year?
I would rather have Julio. If we make this trade though, then I would really want to get somebody out of their pen or Clint Frazier.
I'm really hoping the Braves trade for Grienke and Bradley (send Julio over to them to offset some money and 3 prospects not named Soroka, Touissaint or Pache). Then sign Brantley for the OF spot.
The other option is to make separate trades for Haniger and Kluber (say bye to 5 or 6 prospects) and sign Kimbrel.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Ideally, I would like to see us look like this next year:
Rotation: Kluber/Grienke, Folty, Newk, Gaus, and Soroka/Julio
Pen: Minter, Winkler, Touki, Fried, Viz, Kimbrel, Biddle, and Carle
Position Players: Brantley/Haniger LF/RF, Inciarte CF/RF, Acuna LF/CF, Donaldson 3B, Swanson SS, Albies 2B, Freddie 1B, Flowers and McCann C
Bench: Flowers/McCann, Camargo (plays 3 or 4 days a week as a super utility), Culberson (plays 1 or 2 days a week), Duvall (strictly defense and tough lefties especially if we sign Brantley), and Duda/Adams (need a powerful LHB on bench).
That is a world series team with a lot of depth and it isn't going to break the bank. It'll cost some prospects though which we can afford to give away. My only untouchables are Touki, Pache, and Soroka. It would also have to take an ace to give up Wright or Riley.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Mike, this is only a rumor in a potential Jacob Tyler Realmuto deal(doesn’t mean Riley will be traded, although Tyler Flowers is fine with me and Atlanta would have to surrender value and a good young arm):

Flowers may be in the deal; Austin Riley may be in the deal. Other likely areas as well. Mike Soroka might not be. source: Jon Heyman.

Would you gents. include Sean Newcomb? Lefties come late and Rick Kranitz might straighten the control issues in Spring Training? Fish want a current, young, controllable rotation piece.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Mike, this is only a rumor in a potential Jacob Tyler Realmuto deal(doesn’t mean Riley will be traded, although Tyler Flowers is fine with me and Atlanta would have to surrender value and a good young arm):

Flowers may be in the deal; Austin Riley may be in the deal. Other likely areas as well. Mike Soroka might not be. source: Jon Heyman.

Would you gents. include Sean Newcomb? Lefties come late and Rick Kranitz might straighten the control issues in Spring Training? Fish want a current, young, controllable rotation piece.
I would be ok with giving up Flowers and Riley, but I would be hesitant on Newk. I would give them the option of Julio (who would thrive in that cavernous park) or maybe a tandem of Gohara/Allard.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

That's cool i can go along with that(y)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

That would be a parellel trade in my opinion

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Rumors flying from Craig Mish and Co., that Atlanta has a slight lead over the Mets and Yanks for J.T. Apparently the return package would include Riley, Flowers, two undisclosed young arms. Not sure if the Bravos would get a relief pitcher back or the 4 for 1 straight. Pure speculation, but could be the biggest off season move. Ever!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Rumors flying from Craig Mish and Co., that Atlanta has a slight lead over the Mets and Yanks for J.T. Apparently the return package would include Riley, Flowers, two undisclosed young arms. Not sure if the Bravos would get a relief pitcher back or the 4 for 1 straight. Pure speculation, but could be the biggest off season move. Ever!
I'm against any trade that would trade away Austin Riley to another team:cigar:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s entertaining to play the rumors game, particularly when you keep hearing the same player mentioned in the recent ones for Realmuto. Either smoke where there is fire or too much leaking, meaning nothing is imminent and might never happen.

Riley makes sense in that the Fish get a controllable 3B for several years. Flowers with the two year extension helps the Braves offset J.T. and his two years left of salary, by dumping that money. Remember, Atlanta still needs to add a corner OF and some established pitching, plus saving 10 m. for the next trading deadline of July, 2019.
At that point, you would think we would sign a 27 y.o. healthy catcher to an extension. Kind of like Freddie Freeman-ish dollars.

The Marlins are definitely wanting pitching. I doubt the Braves will surrender Soroka or Wright or some of the ones who are close to stardom.

Hearing Anibel Sanchez could get back in our plans.