Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m with you Brother OJF, Pache and Soroka should be the next duo. Mike loves Austin Riley, although we do have Donaldson and Camargo ready right now.

To me, we also can’t trade William Contreras, unless Atlanta is/has acquiring/acquired JT Realmuto.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
34 y.o. lite-hitting IF, played with Phils in 2017, last year slashed .271 in 3A:
The Braves have agreed to a minor-league pact with infielder Andres Blanco, according to Jon Heyman of Fancred (Twitter link). He stands to earn at a $850K rate in the majors, if he can earn a roster spot.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Where do you guys think Bryce Harper will land(looks like the Nats have thrown up the white flag)? L.A.?

Maybe we will know after the Winter Meetings end, later this next week. Hopefully, Atlanta gets a starter for the top half of the rotation and a closer. A.A. seems to be deflecting towards A.J. Minter as his guy. Probably since the cost is prohibitive.

I’m not worried about the OF. It looks like the Braves will have Markakis to fall back on. I wonder if he will take a one-year deal in January? Maybe not in the realm of Josh Donaldson, but half of that?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Where do you guys think Bryce Harper will land(looks like the Nats have thrown up the white flag)? L.A.?

Maybe we will know after the Winter Meetings end, later this next week. Hopefully, Atlanta gets a starter for the top half of the rotation and a closer. A.A. seems to be deflecting towards A.J. Minter as his guy. Probably since the cost is prohibitive.

I’m not worried about the OF. It looks like the Braves will have Markakis to fall back on. I wonder if he will take a one-year deal in January? Maybe not in the realm of Josh Donaldson, but half of that?
The White Sox is my guess.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I’m with you Brother OJF, Pache and Soroka should be the next duo. Mike loves Austin Riley, although we do have Donaldson and Camargo ready right now.

To me, we also can’t trade William Contreras, unless Atlanta is/has acquiring/acquired JT Realmuto.
Even if we acquired JT I don’t want him going anywhere because I wouldn’t resign Realmuto.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Yeah, his velocity and numbers have been going down. He(Madison B.)did have that one great postseason behind him. The thing I like most about A.A., is he doesn’t want to give multi-year contracts to F.A. arms. We’re still paying Bruce Sutter well into the next decade.
  • Speaking of the Braves, they’ve hired Gary Rajsich to work in professional and amateur scouting, per Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com. Rajsich had been the Orioles’ scouting director since 2011, bu they booted him from their front office last month.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, his velocity and numbers have been going down. He(Madison B.)did have that one great postseason behind him. The thing I like most about A.A., is he doesn’t want to give multi-year contracts to F.A. arms. We’re still paying Bruce Sutter well into the next decade.
  • Speaking of the Braves, they’ve hired Gary Rajsich to work in professional and amateur scouting, per Roch Kubatko of MASNsports.com. Rajsich had been the Orioles’ scouting director since 2011, bu they booted him from their front office last month.
I agree,Buzzbomb, the Braves don't need to become encumbered with the contracts of has beens(y)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Winter Meetings, Monday through Thursday(which is also the Rule 5 Draft). Braves could lose Didier and Josh Graham, but do need to keep a roster spot open by then, in case they can draft a Dan Winkler type who is ready to contribute.

Atlanta and Phillies are the projected favorites now, for Dallas Keuchel. If Toronto decides to deal Marcus Stroman, look for Atlanta to have an interest. Trade values on Soroka, Gohara, Toussaint have gone down somewhat per reports(shoulder, bad ‘18 season, walks, respectively on those three guys), however teams are inquiring on Kyle Wright, Ian Anderson and Bryse Wilson.

Braves get 9th pick in the next Amateur Draft, thanks to not signing their first-rounder, this year).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Here’s a little more data on him, and the offensive production, despite the defensive liabilities(which Atlanta has a strength last season-designed on purpose):
Tigers right fielder Nicholas Castellanos is drawing trade interest and the Braves are among the teams to check in, reports MLB.com's Jon Morosi. Atlanta is seeking a corner outfielder to pair with Ronald Acuna Jr. and center fielder Ender Inciarte, and they have a ton of pitching prospects to offer the rebuilding Tigers. Castellanos will be a free agent next offseason.

The soon-to-be 27-year-old Castellanos has quietly emerged as one of the best hitters in the game, authoring a .298/.354/.500 (130 OPS+) batting line with 46 doubles and 23 home runs in 2018. He's hit .285/.336/.495 (121 OPS+) the last three years. The downside here is Castellanos is a brutal defender -- his minus-5.2 Defensive WAR from 2016-18 is among the worst in baseball -- who will give back runs in the field. Boy can he hit though.

Edited: Excuse me for referencing the same article. Just now realized I copied it from CBS Sports.
———————————————————————————————————————————-
Appox. 10 teams in on veteran lefty reliever Andrew Miller. I’m suspecting our local team, might be one of them?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves tried to run Rio Ruiz(try to say those three words in succession ten times in a row)through waivers and Baltimore claimed him today. Desire to make room on the 40-man for Thursday’s Rule 5 Draft, now it is at 39.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Phils., Braves, after J.A. Happ? More rumors....Inciarte, Folty(it would take a ton, if the Braves decide to sell high-I’m doubting this, even if the team has another proven arm coming in a separate deal)other teams are asking about them.

Carlos Gonzalez likes Atlanta, although he might be low on the Braves radar.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Teams asking about Albies, however Braves want to build around him despite his offensive struggles in the second half of the season. Instead, A.A. shifts talk towards Swanson, even though some in the organization don’t want him traded.

Newcomb inquires....and Tehran for a RF, in trade?

If certain Rule 5 eligible draftees are available when Atlanta selects on Thursday, G.M. might keep one on the 25 man roster for all of 2019.