Atlanta Braves News

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
I want DeGrom but his GM is his agent so I expect him to resign. I still expect a trade maybe that means Bumgarner. I like Corbin and would be happy if we go after him but if the Yankees get involved (if they don't go after Manny doubt they pay both) the price may get too high. Realmuto is interesting but are the Marlins willing to trade him here? The package would probably include Riley and Soroka apparently that is what they asked for at the deadline.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I want DeGrom but his GM is his agent so I expect him to resign. I still expect a trade maybe that means Bumgarner. I like Corbin and would be happy if we go after him but if the Yankees get involved (if they don't go after Manny doubt they pay both) the price may get too high. Realmuto is interesting but are the Marlins willing to trade him here? The package would probably include Riley and Soroka apparently that is what they asked for at the deadline.
Somebody mentioned Grienke. I'd take him and his contract plus David Peralta. That solves 2 problems and still leaves room to have one of our young pitchers develop into an ace.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Rule 5 Draft might hurt us if we keep a stash of pitching at the lower minor league levels too long.

I would have tried to sign Suzuki to an extension back in July and made this trade if the primaries were an injured Soroka and Riley, who are probably a year or two away:
https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/10/29/18040630/braves-trade-rumors-jt-realmuto-marlins

Love M.S., but we need a catcher even worse. Flowers has never been a favorite of mine. Austin would have been tough to part with, but Acuna for Yelich would be way worse. Braves are going to have to give up something, which one(s) are the key?

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Rule 5 Draft might hurt us if we keep a stash of pitching at the lower minor league levels too long.

I would have tried to sign Suzuki to an extension back in July and made this trade if the primaries were an injured Soroka and Riley, who are probably a year or two away:
https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/10/29/18040630/braves-trade-rumors-jt-realmuto-marlins

Love M.S., but we need a catcher even worse. Flowers has never been a favorite of mine. Austin would have been tough to part with, but Acuna for Yelich would be way worse. Braves are going to have to give up something, which one(s) are the key?
It time to bring Austin Riley up from Gwinnett to the Atlanta Braves:cigar:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Realmuto under team control for two more years, yet will not reportedly sign an extension with the Fish:
https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/10/30/18045406/mlb-trade-rumors-jt-realmuto-extension-miami-marlins
What Braves package would you surrender?
Fried, Gohara, Pache?
Soroka, Riley, 2 mid-tier prospects?
Some other combination? Other names?
Austin Riley is untouchable:cigar: I would trade I would trade Tyler Flowers,Julio Teheran and Ryan Flaherty for C JC Realmuto,LF Derek Dietrick and Relief Pitcher Nick Wittgren

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Realmuto under team control for two more years, yet will not reportedly sign an extension with the Fish:
https://www.talkingchop.com/2018/10/30/18045406/mlb-trade-rumors-jt-realmuto-extension-miami-marlins
What Braves package would you surrender?
Fried, Gohara, Pache?
Soroka, Riley, 2 mid-tier prospects?
Some other combination? Other names?
My package would be Wright, Waters, Allard thats 3 top 100 guys with a pitcher with elite upside, solid OF prospect, and another arm that should be an MLB arm sooner rather than later should be enough imo.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Raffy Lopez has a minor league option left. Highly doubtful he gets a bench spot with a .174 lifetime average. We have very few in number, considering how the Braves seem to keep 13 pitchers usually.

News from Mark Bowman; Tehran is in limbo if not traded. No guarantee of a rotation slot in 2019, even though next year will earn him 11 m.
Markakis will be a second choice, if Atlanta cannot acquire a powerful OF. He only missed 12 games as a Brave throughout his contract. Will be 35 y.o.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Good article.
I just don’t see the Braves Brass spending the big bucks on any one player. Maybe, if they had one need and were closer to Boston in depth. For instance, our closer is not one of the best, our OF still has a hole, SS is not settled, there are some still doubting Camargo, we need a veteran SP or two and the ‘Pen is unstable. Catching needs to get younger in the starter, although talented with the bat and glove, like Realmuto.

The trades seem to be the most likely option, with a Patrick Corbin type thrown in. We have the depth in the Farm System to toss in as bait.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
My number 1 offseason priority would be Kluber. I'd come with an offer of Newcomb, Riley, and 1 of the stud pitchers (Wright, Anderson, Touki, and Soroka) but idk if that gets him if they are still looking for players for competing next year.