Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Mark Bowman: Braves have at least 60 m. to spend.
David O’Brien: Maybe only half of that, to spend.

The Yankees (previously reported), Dodgers, Giants and Braves are among the teams that are expected to “show a lot of interest” in left-hander Patrick Corbin once free agency starts, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe writes. The 29-year-old Corbin is coming off a career season at the perfect time, having logged a 3.15 ERA/2.47 FIP with 11.07 K/9 and 2.16 BB/9 over 200 innings in 2018. As a result of that top-notch production, it’s likely Corbin will price himself out of Arizona and perhaps ink a nine-figure contract with someone.

Needs: SP, RP, Catcher, Corner OF. Some saying, maybe 3B? I like Camargo as a starter, not as much as a super-sub.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Good article, Mike! Thanks.
He must have relegated Camargo to super sub. with Culberson. I think Johan starts the season at third, no matter what kind of spring Riley has. Pache could be a late April call up, no doubt. I see us as needing a younger catcher.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Me thinks Julio, is going to be going way down, beyond the school yard.
As kg01 likes to call me the prophet, I don’t see any chance of the Braves not trading Tehran. If it doesn’t happen by NorthPort, it will by the end of next August.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Exactly, Brother Mike!
A bag of balls, a few bats, a prospect in “A” Ball. A Greg Olson, A Matt Harvey type where you trade salary for reasonable salary or a change of scenery for both players.