Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
First off, Congrats to the Braves on a great season, totally blew-away expectations, the future is bright !
I would address middle relief and closer for sure, I like Suzuki but it would be good to have an upgrade there.
Keep Markakis, give Camargo another shot at third and I'm a bit on the fence with Inciarte.
My trade bait from the current starting lineup would be Ozzie Albies, we'd need to keep Culberson ... something about Ozzie I don't like attitude-wise.
The other thing I would address as a coaching staff, is why it seems our (young) hitters are popping-up ALOT ??
Ozzie Albies is too good to trade away and i would like to see Brian Snitker get replaced as Braves Manager by Joe Girardi.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
First off, Congrats to the Braves on a great season, totally blew-away expectations, the future is bright !
I would address middle relief and closer for sure, I like Suzuki but it would be good to have an upgrade there.
Keep Markakis, give Camargo another shot at third and I'm a bit on the fence with Inciarte.
My trade bait from the current starting lineup would be Ozzie Albies, we'd need to keep Culberson ... something about Ozzie I don't like attitude-wise.
The other thing I would address as a coaching staff, is why it seems our (young) hitters are popping-up ALOT ??
I like this except for Albies. Why don't you like his attitude? He hasn't given me any reason to question that.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I like this except for Albies. Why don't you like his attitude? He hasn't given me any reason to question that.

Although I can sorta see how his mannerisms could rub someone the wrong way (if they choose to read too much into how he carries himself), I kinda think it's a horrid idea to trade an all-star level player who happens to be the bff of a prospect like Acuna.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Although I can sorta see how his mannerisms could rub someone the wrong way (if they choose to read too much into how he carries himself), I kinda think it's a horrid idea to trade an all-star level player who happens to be the bff of a prospect like Acuna.
Yep. I think that helps us down the road if we can sign one of them to a long term deal, then the other is likely to take a small pay cut and stay here also.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Maybe at the beginning, but definitely not lately ... the other day there was a dugout shot where Albies had his arm around Acuna (who was squirming) and then kissed his hand :shifty: ...

Yeah we can agree that's weird. Let's just hope it's still a mentor/mentee thing and they both push each other to greatness for the Braves? There, kg's being an optimist. (y)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Maybe at the beginning, but definitely not lately ... the other day there was a dugout shot where Albies had his arm around Acuna (who was squirming) and then kissed his hand :shifty: ...
You mean like when Acuna almost choked out Albies early in the year. They call each other brothers and that's how they act. There's nothing wrong or weird about it imo.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Suzuki just told Gabe Burns of the AJC, he wants to return to the Atlanta Braves.

Love to have Realmuto, three catchers. Does Flowers have a limited or no trade clause in that extension he signed?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Anibal Sanchez told Gabe Butns of the AJC that he wants to continue pitching at 35, next year. Would like to come back to Atlanta, then coach after his playing days.

Projected arbitration:
  • Kevin Gausman – $9.2MM
  • Mike Foltynewicz – $5.5MM
  • Arodys Vizcaino – $4.8MM
  • Adam Duvall – $3.1MM
  • Dan Winkler – $1.6MM
  • Jonny Venters – $1.5MM
  • Sam Freeman – $1.5MM
  • Charlie Culberson – $1.4MM
  • Jose A. Ramirez – $700K
  • Jacob Lindgren – $600K

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves to make major announcement within the next week, per _ uck & his kin-caide on 93.7.
Most likely Snitker getting a one or two year contract, since his old one has expired.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
One surprise for me from Bradleys article in the AJC this morning.
The #1 thing on the the Braves "to do" list was Right Field, he thinks Markakis should be gone.
While it makes some sense age-wise and Nick didn't exactly light it up in the 2nd half, I wouldn't think that would be our #1 most pressing need ??