Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Sobotka was in “A” ball, at the start of the season. Shows what a lack of confidence the brass had in our bullpen. If Biddle still had a left arm, he should have been kept against the best run scoring team in the N.L., that feasts on righties.

With Tehran pitching the eighth, after the seventh, should a miracle occur, Braves will be forced to throw Johnny Wholestaff on Wednesday(with Sanchez starting).

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Sobotka was in “A” ball, at the start of the season. Shows what a lack of confidence the brass had in our bullpen. If Biddle still had a left arm, he should have been kept against the best run scoring team in the N.L., that feasts on righties.

With Tehran pitching the eighth, after the seventh, should a miracle occur, Braves will be forced to throw Johnny Wholestaff on Wednesday(with Sanchez starting).
The Braves need to trade for pitching in the offseason Starting and Bullpen

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Great season, but now we get to look forward to what should be an interesting offseason. The Braves should either trade for Bumgarner or sign Corbin. They need to either trade for Realmuto or sign Harper and then sign Descalso for a bench of Culberson, Descalso, Duda, another OF (Adams or Duvall) and backup catcher. Too many options on the market for the pen, but hopefully they will try to sign Kimbrel and then just move Fried and Touissant to the pen in order to shore it up.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Great season, but now we get to look forward to what should be an interesting offseason. The Braves should either trade for Bumgarner or sign Corbin. They need to either trade for Realmuto or sign Harper and then sign Descalso for a bench of Culberson, Descalso, Duda, another OF (Adams or Duvall) and backup catcher. Too many options on the market for the pen, but hopefully they will try to sign Kimbrel and then just move Fried and Touissant to the pen in order to shore it up.
Would you trade with the Reds to get Matt Harvey? I think he would be an interesting addition to the Braves and the Reds might not ask for as much as you would think.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Would you trade with the Reds to get Matt Harvey? I think he would be an interesting addition to the Braves
I wouldn't just because we need an ace. I want a rotation of Bumgarner/Corbin, Folty, Newk, Gausman, and Soroka (maybe Sanchez, Wright, or Touissant here if Soroka is still having shoulder issues).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Newly elected Free Agents:
Athletics: RHP Raul Alcantara, LHP Danny Coulombe

Blue Jays: RHP Mike Hauschild, INF/OF Darnell Sweeney

Braves: LHP Rex Brothers, RHP Miguel Socolovich

Cardinals: LHP Tyler Lyons

Indians: RHP Evan Marshall, RHP Alexi Ogando

Mariners: RHP Christian Bergman, LHP Ross Detwiler, RHP Mike Morin, INF Zach Vincej

Marlins: OF JB Shuck

Mets: RHP Chris Beck, OF Bryce Brentz, RHP Scott Copeland, OF Matt den Dekker, INF Ty Kelly

Nationals: LHP Tommy Milone, OF Moises Sierra, RHP Carlos Torres

Orioles: RHP Jhan Marinez, INF Luis Sardinas

Padres: OF Matt Szczur

Phillies: INF Trevor Plouffe

Pirates: LHP Buddy Boshers, RHP Casey Sadler, RHP A.J. Schugel

Rangers: C Juan Centeno, LHP Anthony Gose, RHP Drew Hutchison, INF Tommy Joseph, RHP Chris Rowley

Rays: INF Brandon Snyder, RHP Ryan Weber

Reds: C Tim Federowicz, RHP Kevin Quackenbush

Tigers: INF Dixon Machado, RHP Jacob Turner

White Sox: RHP Tyler Danish

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I said it before, but the Braves have to be seriously players in the offseason. They can’t stand pat and expect to improve. This year was fun but there’s still multiple holes on this squad.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Braves 2019 Spring Training schedule

February 23rd at Mets Port Saint Lucie
February 24th at Astros West Palm Beach
February 25th at Nationals
February 26th at Mets
February 27th at Cardinals Jupiter
February 28th at Tigers
March 1st at Blue Jays
March 2nd at Tigers Lakeland
March 3rd at Marlins
March 4th at Astros
March 5th at Yankees Tampa
March 6th Tigers (SS)
March 6th at Marlins(SS) Jupiter
March 7th OFF
March 8th at Phillies
March 9th at Tigers Lakeland
March 10th at Marlins Jupiter
March 11th at Pirates
March 12th at Cardinals
March 13th at Nationals West Palm Beach
March 14th OFF
March 15th at Marlins
March 16th at Red Sox Fort Myers
March 17th at Tigers(SS) Lakeland
March 17th Astros (SS)
March 18th at Yankees
March 19th at Nationals
March 20th at Blue Jays Dunedin
March 21st at Devil Rays Port Charlotte
March 22nd at Tigers
March 23rd at Mets
March 24th at Devil Rays
March 25th Reds at Suntrust Park
March 26th Reds at Suntrust Park

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m not disagreeing with any of you guys, although having this contingent of youth a year older, is invaluable.
With O’Day, Soroka and a few other dudes who missed the entire season, it has to help.
Realmuto is a key, for my taste, in trade. I’d like to have Suzuki back, too! Markakis, absolutely, a veteran.
Harper, not for me. A one or two starter, sure, if under 30 y.o.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
First off, Congrats to the Braves on a great season, totally blew-away expectations, the future is bright !
I would address middle relief and closer for sure, I like Suzuki but it would be good to have an upgrade there.
Keep Markakis, give Camargo another shot at third and I'm a bit on the fence with Inciarte.
My trade bait from the current starting lineup would be Ozzie Albies, we'd need to keep Culberson ... something about Ozzie I don't like attitude-wise.
The other thing I would address as a coaching staff, is why it seems our (young) hitters are popping-up ALOT ??