Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, the NCAA can't sneeze without first getting permission from its member institutions - the schools. The schools basically want a veneer that things are all being policed and are above board, but really the schools largely due what they want.

Since over 80% of the revenue raised by the NCAA goes right back to the schools they really don't have alot of motivation to change the system.

This is it. A handful of big f***in’ foxes guarding the henhouse while everyone else is left to stand around in the chicken poop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm sure they will do as good a job as the Board of Regents in MD have over the last couple of months.

once the trials are done it will be interesting to see what information the NCAA gets. They can use any information that was used in court period. But there is alot of evidence that is never used in the court case, will all that get turned over to the NCAA or will they request it. I suspect there will actually be more damning information in what wasn't used in trial than what was as the evidence for the trial would be limited to what was needed specifically against the defendants. So I have little doubt there are wiretaps with Will Wade and Sean Miller. Just because they were not used in the current trial doesn't mean they don't exist. Will the NCAA request that the feds provide them with all of their collected evidence after the trials are complete.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I have little doubt the NCAA will find a way not to use anything that wasn't admitted into evidence at trial because, as you suggest, that's where the damning evidence actually is. They'll say the new policy allowing them to use other entities' evidence only applies to "admissable" evidence.

Either that or they'll find a way to piss off the FBI to the point where they choose not to deal with the NCAA. Then Emmert will go, "Gee, we want to investigate but we can't get our hands on the evidence. Welp, guess it's business as usual ..."

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The corruption in politics, the corruption in sports......I am just getting so sick of it all. When can I move to Mars? (and do they have a football team?)
I watched The Wire earlier this year and the it pretty much nails "the game" in all aspects of life and you can see the same stuff in sports too. Pretty much turned me into a nihilist.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
I watched The Wire earlier this year and the it pretty much nails "the game" in all aspects of life and you can see the same stuff in sports too. Pretty much turned me into a nihilist.

big_lebowski_nihilists.jpg

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
The corruption in politics, the corruption in sports......I am just getting so sick of it all. When can I move to Mars? (and do they have a football team?)

Yes! They’re called the “Bars”.

Weak, I know, but I haven’t had lunch yet. Getting hangry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Probably the best summation of the current state of college basketball

https://sports.yahoo.com/despite-sc...etball-carrying-business-usual-192836235.html

In that context, and with regards to how the Darryl LaBarrie infractions were handled, it makes one wonder if smaller programs or programs who try to play it strait are the sacrificial lambs. The irrelevant are punished preferentially to keep up the appearance that legitimate policing is actually occurring while the big revenue producing establishment runs its racket. Pretty disgusting.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
In that context, and with regards to how the Darryl LaBarrie infractions were handled, it makes one wonder if smaller programs or programs who try to play it strait are the sacrificial lambs. The irrelevant are punished preferentially to keep up the appearance that legitimate policing is actually occurring while the big revenue producing establishment runs its racket. Pretty disgusting.
This reminds that Cleveland State has not been on probation recently, so Kentucky must be clean.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'm sure UNC, Duke, Kansas, & Arizona will all be given death penalties for a year because of egregious cheating.......

smdh

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I'm just trying to figure out how Miami's Dewan Huell is now Dewan Hernandez. Did he get married? :meh:

Also funny ...
He described Hampton as a "potential superstar, gamechanger" and wanted to pay him $4,000 monthly from September 2017 through September 2018, then $5,000 per month from September 2018 to September 2020.

Hampton's father, Roderick Hampton, said he has never met Dawkins.

"I heard his name a lot, but I've never met him," Hampton said. "I'm taking my *** to work everyday to make ends meet. I haven't found the land of milk and honey yet, and I probably won't find it anytime soon."

You tell 'em, dad.

Last edited: