Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
HOF coach=guy who is about to retire will be sacrificed

Lottery pick= guy safely in the NBA

Top programs=recently good but not big national following (Miami)

crut

Helluva Engineer
HOF coach=guy who is about to retire will be sacrificed

Lottery pick= guy safely in the NBA

Top programs=recently good but not big national following (Miami)

Please comment on this part too: almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated

Here's your 16 teams:

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
“Almost half”
Let’s call it 7.

Auburn and Arizona are the two easy one given their assistants were arrested.

Kansas has some smoke given they had some laptops seized and the whole Preston thing.

Could this investigation have revealed something regarding the MSU scandal?

The investigation was active during Donnie Tyndall’s time at Tenn who is currently out of the game with a show cause.

Texas Tech is the obvious sacrificial lamb of the group

Lastly..........out of pure gut feeling......Ohio State.

Nova feels like the golden boys
They won’t tangle with K
Any action against UNC looks vengeful at this point unless they found an egregious violation.
Tony Bennett, Matt Painterand Chris Mack just strike me as clean (ish).

With about 3 weeks to go I don’t think this years tournament will be impacted at all.

Please comment on this part too: almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated

Here's your 16 teams:

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Nova had a few guys who signed with Andy Miller in the past. If you look up the AAU programs he was linked to in the past, it can probably give you an idea of some of the teams involved.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
HOF coach = Pitino.
Top tier program = Louisville & Arizona

They've already checked those two boxes.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of this hits players / recruits, assistant coaches & outsiders like AAU / sneaker cos. Entirely possible an assistant at a P5 gives a kid something in teh recruiting process without the head coach's knowledge. I think that's possible at damn near any school. Ditto the AAU & sneaker folks.

I'm with @Peacone36 , in the conference... I think Brey, K and Bennett are clear. If they nail Roy, it will be very strange given the hall pass they gave them on 20 years of systemic academic fraud. Pitino already got nailed. Boeheim could get torched since they don't like him and he's close to retirement. Larranaga is likely a dead man walking already. Hamilton? Quite possible given Free Shoes U's history. The rest of the conference would be surprising given recent on court performance. Brownell, Christian, Buzz, Manning, Keatts & Stallings.

Of course, we know they'll throw the book at CJP & Tech. Just cuz.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
HOF coach = Pitino.
Top tier program = Louisville & Arizona

They've already checked those two boxes.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of this hits players / recruits, assistant coaches & outsiders like AAU / sneaker cos. Entirely possible an assistant at a P5 gives a kid something in teh recruiting process without the head coach's knowledge. I think that's possible at damn near any school. Ditto the AAU & sneaker folks.

I'm with @Peacone36 , in the conference... I think Brey, K and Bennett are clear. If they nail Roy, it will be very strange given the hall pass they gave them on 20 years of systemic academic fraud. Pitino already got nailed. Boeheim could get torched since they don't like him and he's close to retirement. Larranaga is likely a dead man walking already. Hamilton? Quite possible given Free Shoes U's history. The rest of the conference would be surprising given recent on court performance. Brownell, Christian, Buzz, Manning, Keatts & Stallings.

Of course, we know they'll throw the book at CJP & Tech. Just cuz.

Malik Beasley signed with Andy Miller. So did Blossomgame. Outside ACC, Myles Turner and I. Whitehead are connected to Miller.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Question about this: even if FBI released the information, teams wouldn't be banned from the tournament for this year because NCAA would surely have to review reach case. Is that correct?

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Never heard anyone with any integrity or credibility accuse K of anything. Fans of other schools? Sure. That means less than nothing. I will be very surprised if K is implicated in anything. I would not be blown away if someone connected to the Duke program may have done something. (I don't know of anything specific, but I think every school may have an affiliated person who has broken rules.)

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Never heard anyone with any integrity or credibility accuse K of anything. Fans of other schools? Sure. That means less than nothing. I will be very surprised if K is implicated in anything. I would not be blown away if someone connected to the Duke program may have done something. (I don't know of anything specific, but I think every school may have an affiliated person who has broken rules.)

Already had an issue with Maggette in the past.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
What did coach K do there?

More that they got away with not having to be punished for having an illegal player like many other teams have. There's no smoking gun with K, but it's no coincidence his recruiting has improved even more with capel back (who must have only started cheating at Oklahoma)

LibertyTurns

Banned
Question about this: even if FBI released the information, teams wouldn't be banned from the tournament for this year because NCAA would surely have to review reach case. Is that correct?
The NCAA has a distinct honor of being more eff’d up & corrupt than the eff’d up BI. They will not disrupt the NCAA tourney this year, next year or the year after.

Some little guy will get pummeled. Some not-quite- highly nationally ranked team, maybe a few will get a slight spanking to make a point- loss of scholarships, small fine possibly even a post season ban. Will be at least one ACC team because they like to spank ACC teams. A fair number of players will get punished because they can’t defend themselves. Some assistant coaches will get canned. A high profile coach or two nearing retirement will do just that. The rest will get exonerated.

The NCAA will make their money. They will not whack Duke, etc because they would make less money. They will not destroy their money maker of a tournament. To do that they will need to invoke the UNC logic/decision tree used to exonerate all the teams with large fan bases, etc.

Finally, GT will have been found guilty of their coach having received impermissible benefits as a player 20 years ago. Our punishment will be the most severe.