Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
LOL, what?

"Adidas knew, or recklessly avoided knowing, that coach Pitino's reputation for honesty and integrity would be seriously damaged by the perception — even if unfounded — that he was involved with the illegal and wrongful payment of money to recruits, or on their behalf," the suit alleges.

Sounds legit. Karen Sypher's husband can attest.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
So that's a 'no' to my question clearly?

Funny thing is, per the highly scientifical (yep) research I did via perusing the AUB message boards, they seem to agree with your assessment. Pearl was totally unaware of what Person and all these other dudes were doing. He was sure he was getting all these recruits to Auburn, AL all on his own merit.

I mean, AUB always gets blue-chip basketball recruits .... right?

Like Pastner and Ron at Memphis?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So that's a 'no' to my question clearly?

Funny thing is, per the highly scientifical (yep) research I did via perusing the AUB message boards, they seem to agree with your assessment. Pearl was totally unaware of what Person and all these other dudes were doing. He was sure he was getting all these recruits to Auburn, AL all on his own merit.

I mean, AUB always gets blue-chip basketball recruits .... right?

Bruh. I'm not saying Auburn ain't dropping bags, but you're high af if you think Pearl wasn't improving recruiting because he's a top notch recruiter. Straight up.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bruh. I'm not saying Auburn ain't dropping bags, but you're high af if you think Pearl wasn't improving recruiting because he's a top notch recruiter. Straight up.

I don't even remember posting this. I was probably hacked.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
In what can only be seen as the next step in ensuring the emergence of the PeacKg search firm/player agency, seems super-agent Andy Miller is getting out of the NBA game (for now anyway) ...

This is huge IMHO and quite likely related to the FBI stuff. Stay tuned.

ETA: Dust off your resume, @Peacone36 we gotta try to snag some of these now agent-less NBA players for the firm.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
In what can only be seen as the next step in ensuring the emergence of the PeacKg search firm/player agency, seems super-agent Andy Miller is getting out of the NBA game (for now anyway) ...

This is huge IMHO and quite likely related to the FBI stuff. Stay tuned.

ETA: Dust off your resume, @Peacone36 we gotta try to snag some of these now agent-less NBA players for the firm.

LiAngelo?

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Guess this is the best place to put this. First Pitino sued Louisville for the full value of his contract - expected even if I don't think he has a shot in hell.

Rather than look to settle or something somewhat amicable, the UofL has countersued Pitino for all the damages he caused them including all the money they may have to return to the NCAA, inability to sell tickets, etc. etc. etc. This is going to get fun.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ersity-louisville-sues-rick-pitino/950482001/

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nevermind ....

ilt.gif

... gotta do everything around here.

I saw a story a few days ago that, if Lville loses, their insurance supposedly will not cover the expense of paying TrickyRicky's salary.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Guess this is the best place to put this. First Pitino sued Louisville for the full value of his contract - expected even if I don't think he has a shot in hell.

Rather than look to settle or something somewhat amicable, the UofL has countersued Pitino for all the damages he caused them including all the money they may have to return to the NCAA, inability to sell tickets, etc. etc. etc. This is going to get fun.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ersity-louisville-sues-rick-pitino/950482001/

No way these suits get into actual discovery. UofL certainly doesn't want Pitino's lawyers digging around in there, and I cannot fathom Pitino would actual want a trial into his reputation. Both suits have to be simple marketing ploys. Would be fun if they are not though :D

That said, Pitino seems like one of the most egomaniac, least self-aware people ever. Pitino is the guy who said that Syracuse leaving for the ACC was like "cheating on your wife," just months after he was caught at Porchinis with Sypher. Guys is unbelievable.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Right? Pitino probably knows where some serious bodies are buried around that athletic department that would implicate people other than himself.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Right? Pitino probably knows where some serious bodies are buried around that athletic department that would implicate people other than himself.

At first I thought, "well if'n they know that, why would they counter-sue?"

Then I remembered they also fired Jurich who's likely the guy in leadership who actually knew where all the rotting bodies were.

Current leaders are probably clueless which is why they're fighting him. Big mistake.

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
Click bait and shows further corruption within NCAA. Big boys with big $$$ programs skate while the other programs who can't afford proper representation or have the financial means to string the NCAA along or out right refuse ton cooperate receive a hefty punishment. Justice?