Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Deleted member 2897

Also, sounding like the walls are closing in on Pearl. 2 more assistants put on leave due to actions similar to those related to the FBI stuff ...

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40009224-4

"Bruce Pearl is still not talking to the University's Attorneys." I would fire him right there on the spot for that. If ultimately you are trying to run a University, you have to trust your employees. The Attorneys are on Auburn's side, not the FBIs side. That isn't to say they're going to lie or hide the truth, but if you won't even communicate with your own team members, that's a bad show.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
"Bruce Pearl is still not talking to the University's Attorneys." I would fire him right there on the spot for that. If ultimately you are trying to run a University, you have to trust your employees. The Attorneys are on Auburn's side, not the FBIs side. That isn't to say they're going to lie or hide the truth, but if you won't even communicate with your own team members, that's a bad show.

It's a mess, for sure. Could his attorneys be telling him to stay silent since the FBI has all his computers and such and there's probably a coupla needles in that haystack that, if he speaks, he'll likely be leading them to find? Most likely scenario.

If that's the case, AUB and their attorneys are putting him between a rock and a wood chipper.

I agree with you though, we (AUB) are in this situation because of you (Bruce P) regardless of the details. Thus I can't see how he can remain employed there.

If I'm his attorneys, I start to paint (leak) the picture that all these AUB "alums" are the ones cheating and I didn't want them on staff in the first place. Seems, as soon as this FBI train clears the intersection, the AUB wagon is about to make a wide right turn towards a messy divorce.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Now you’re just making stuff up. Clearly he is being taken down by a couple rogue assistants

So that's a 'no' to my question clearly?

Funny thing is, per the highly scientifical (yep) research I did via perusing the AUB message boards, they seem to agree with your assessment. Pearl was totally unaware of what Person and all these other dudes were doing. He was sure he was getting all these recruits to Auburn, AL all on his own merit.

I mean, AUB always gets blue-chip basketball recruits .... right?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So that's a 'no' to my question clearly?

Funny thing is, per the highly scientifical (yep) research I did via perusing the AUB message boards, they seem to agree with your assessment. Pearl was totally unaware of what Person and all these other dudes were doing. He was sure he was getting all these recruits to Auburn, AL all on his own merit.

I mean, AUB always gets blue-chip basketball recruits .... right?

If That’s what all them edumicated people are saying, if must be true

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He has to treat the job as if it is his throughout the contract period. Otherwise they can fire him with cause irrespective of any other investigation.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As mentioned above, Aubrun's AD is gone next year, so Pearl's biggest supporter will not be there to protect him.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Louisville also announced that Brian Bowen (subject of the $100K transfer) is now not on the team for practice or playing and will never be allowed on the team.
Interestingly still on scholarship for as long as he wants to remain at Louisville. Has a full release to transfer anywhere he wants. Phone must be ringing off the hook :)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Louisville also announced that Brian Bowen (subject of the $100K transfer) is now not on the team for practice or playing and will never be allowed on the team.
Interestingly still on scholarship for as long as he wants to remain at Louisville. Has a full release to transfer anywhere he wants. Phone must be ringing off the hook :)

Yeah, I bet.

"... {click} Yes, this is Agent Johnson with the Kentucky field office. May I speak to ... Brian?"

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member