Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Colin should have been honorable and come to Tech instead of having his dad collect a bag.

Don't know if you know this, or if it was too far down the "someone is getting a boat load of cash" road when GT got involved, but how realistic of a shot did Pastner have with Sexton?

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
Sonafa...

Well, hope the money was worth it. Would have been a hometown legend at GT. Now his career could be in jeopardy. I'm proud that our staff's not playing that game. LOTS of programs are going down...

Agree completely.....and no, I'm not one of the guys that got busted by the FBI

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I don't know the kid personally, so can't say whether he's a good kid, bad kid or some other kind of kid. With that disclaimer, his attitude on and off the court at EYBL, combined with his followers (all with Young Bull attire) made me question whether I wanted him on our roster from the first time i saw him at EYBL last May. I will not be the least bit surprised if he is named in the FBI findings and never plays a game in college.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't know the kid personally, so can't say whether he's a good kid, bad kid or some other kind of kid. With that disclaimer, his attitude on and off the court at EYBL, combined with his followers (all with Young Bull attire) made me question whether I wanted him on our roster from the first time i saw him at EYBL last May. I will not be the least bit surprised if he is named in the FBI findings and never plays a game in college.

I don't know. I got the impression that he was just a kid that was having fun and could back-up the smack. In the games I saw, he played D and was a decent team player. I saw him play in games with higher-rated (at the time) kids on the court, on their way to Duke and/or UNC, and he looked like the best player on the court.

Now, if he had a reputation of being a jerk off the court and a bad teammate, then yeah, it's a good pass. I just had the opposite reaction judging just on what I saw on the court.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
He would've been in China right now rubbin' elbows with a billionaire. Instead he's probably in Tuscaloosa somewhere rubbin' elbows with Bubba. #ThankAvery

Bubba? Bet that’s a dream come true, getting to meet Bubba!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Off the wall question and maybe it's been answered but with all these "bags" these kids and there families/handlers are getting when does the IRS start asking for there share? I know when I flip a house and it's a cash deal I'm damn well showing I made 50-75K profit. If not I'm getting railed at some point. You'd think it's a tax fraud with these payouts going on.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I believe there was an article somewhere, i'll try and find it today or tomorrow, about the staff member that was let go at AL right after all the FBI stuff broke. It had to do with him providing money to an unnamed recruit to steer him.