Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

Deleted member 2897

Full strength we will be underdogs to UCLA. I am hoping it was Rice and Shafer going to the Varsity without their Rat caps. The NCAA never misses these types of offenses.

Hell I've thought about it some more. Lets teach all the guys a lesson and not just the few that erred. Suspend all 5 starters for our exhibition game against Georgia State.

Deleted member 2897

You see in that story that Pitino is a pathological liar. Other schools aren't constantly caught in scandals like Louisville is.

My favorite part of the article was this part:
"Pitino kept his job by claiming ignorance and insisting the entire tawdry plan was the brainchild of former director of basketball operations Andre McGee."

So he had no idea what was going on, yet at the same time he knew exactly how it was going on - who had thought it up and run it all and everything. Can't be both at the same time.

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You see in that story that Pitino is a pathological liar. Other schools aren't constantly caught in scandals like Louisville is.

My favorite part of the article was this part:
"Pitino kept his job by claiming ignorance and insisting the entire tawdry plan was the brainchild of former director of basketball operations Andre McGee."

So he had no idea what was going on, yet at the same time he knew exactly how it was going on - who had thought it up and run it all and everything. Can't be both at the same time.
In fairness some things may have come to light after the fact. So just because he knew stuff after the news broke doesn't mean he knew it before. That being said I shed no tears for Pitino.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Wetzel's view of Pitino's interview pretty much mirrored my take. Guy has lost his mojo and saying he just didn't know - didn't cut it. F

https://sports.yahoo.com/rick-pitino-fails-first-interview-fired-174427362.html

rp.gif

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
In fairness some things may have come to light after the fact. So just because he knew stuff after the news broke doesn't mean he knew it before. That being said I shed no tears for Pitino.

From a NYT article "With complete control should come total accountability. And those are the terms of engagement that Pitino must finally live by." He seems incredibly like Paterno. You can't question his power or control because he is "the man" on campus. Everybody does exactly what he wants when he wants it. Then when a scandal comes up, he isn't in control of anything. He doesn't know anything. People just run around underneath or above him doing crazy things to make a frail old man look bad.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I do believe that sometimes assistants will get aggressive in pursuit of landing a recruit to make themselves look better and further their careers. Head coaches can't control everything that their assistants do no matter how much of a micro manager they are (See Nick Saban and Lane Kiffen).

However, if you look at Pitino's history, questionable events and circumstances have followed him everywhere. At some point, Pitino needs realize the whole "I had no clue that stuff was going on" excuse doesn't look good. If these things keep happening under your watch, at best you keep hiring shady people who don't follow rules, at worst you knew and just told them "Don't give them something to trace back to me." In either case, after all his years in coaching, it doesn't look good. I mean, dude, your program just got busted for rampant use of prostitutes for recruits less than a year ago!

Pitino is a rich man by now. Just take your lumps and walk away, bro.