Arrests coming due to college bball kickbacks

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
State has a couple of tough games coming up, but they are seriously good this year. Talk of Dave Doren's departure have ended for now. The talk I heard this morning at The Bean in Oriental was whether State has a legitimate chance to win out. That means beating Clemson in Raleigh.

Deleted member 2897

State has a couple of tough games coming up, but they are seriously good this year. Talk of Dave Doren's departure have ended for now. The talk I heard this morning at The Bean in Oriental was whether State has a legitimate chance to win out. That means beating Clemson in Raleigh.

NC State in many ways started the season the same way we did. They completely obliterated South Carolina like 2 to 1 in the stat book, but made several key errors which lead to an unnecessary loss. I hope we can mirror them and start knocking off some good teams next like they have now done.

@Notre Dame, Clemson, and @Wake are all tough games. But even if they just win 1 of those 3 games and win the rest of their schedule (Pitt, UNC), they finish 10-2. NC State has only won 10 or more games ONCE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM if you can believe that.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
NC State in many ways started the season the same way we did. They completely obliterated South Carolina like 2 to 1 in the stat book, but made several key errors which lead to an unnecessary loss. I hope we can mirror them and start knocking off some good teams next like they have now done.

@Notre Dame, Clemson, and @Wake are all tough games. But even if they just win 1 of those 3 games and win the rest of their schedule (Pitt, UNC), they finish 10-2. NC State has only won 10 or more games ONCE IN THE HISTORY OF THE PROGRAM if you can believe that.

9-3 but we get ur point

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
This guy takes the term "Lying Scumbag" to a new level.
I just read where adiddas gave shoe sponsorship money to the University earmarked for the Athletic Department and the SA's. Over nine years the money distribution is;
Pitino = $145 Million
UL Athletic Department = $35,000

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I just read where adiddas gave shoe sponsorship money to the University earmarked for the Athletic Department and the SA's. Over nine years the money distribution is;
Pitino = $145 Million

How does a deal like that get signed and the university either A.) not know about it or B.) be okay with it?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Pitino = $145 Million

The deal was bad, but not that bad. The reports are that in the past two years, Pitino received $1.5Million per year and the Athletic Department received $35,000 across the two years. That was only the cash portion of the current deal, which is much smaller than the upcoming $160Million deal. The previous deal wasn't $145Million in total, much less the cash portion of the deal.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
upload_2017-10-6_11-11-48.png

This is the article ...

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
View attachment 2952
This is the article ...

There are plenty of articles with that headline. The original was from the Courier-Journal which states:

"In 2015-16, for example, $1.5 million went to Pitino under his personal services agreement with the apparel company while just $25,000 went to the program, according to a contract obtained by the Courier-Journal under the state public records act.
The year before, Pitino also got $1.5 million, while the department banked just $10,000."

That is $3Million to $35K, not $145Million to $35K. That is also for the past two years on the current contract, not the upcoming $160Million contract. Also, this was the cash portion of the contract, not the uniform/shoe/swag portion of the contract that is earmarked for uniforms and swag for the SAs.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
For what it's worth, I reread the article I posted above, it states the same as you ... an earlier version that I read this morning had the numbers as I posted originally, I didn't make it up ...

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
For what it's worth, I reread the article I posted above, it states the same as you ... an earlier version that I read this morning had the numbers as I posted originally, I didn't make it up ...

I didn't think you made it up. That story has been copied many many times. I'm sure that some of the bloggers got sloppy.

Even though the figures were wrong, Pitino is still a sleaze bag.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
What is really sad is that Louisville sports fans have only one local team to support. There certainly are UK fans in Louisville, but UL fans have no pro team (the old Kentucky Colonels folded when the AB merged into the NBA) to pull for. The UL tems are basically it. Now the football team is fading and the basketball team is entering the preseason camp with an interim head coach and no assistants. And maybe their top incoming player gone forever. The news seems to be getting worse by the week and the horizon looks no better.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bet Jordan Nwora wishes that he had chosen GT now!

Any chance that they give their entire roster an opportunity to transfer out due to improprieties that occurred prior to their arrival?

Ha, wishful thinking, I know!