Arkansas

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes yes. I'm sure you know tons & tons about GT.

Also, if you trace the past 10 years, the lack of financial resources is the reason.

If you think it's not, why did we have to drag out the Hewitt contract for years and hire Brian Gregory from the bargain basement?

Because we were Scrooge McDuck doing swan dives in to pools of cash?
The reason we had to pay Hewitt so much was because of the dumbest contract ever given in history , we’ve made dumb hires , dumb extensions , Memphis was happy to give us pastner , & then we extend him after one year !!
We’ve made boneheaded decisions , but you’re right though all the blame is on the fan !! Might’ve the dumbest thing I’ve heard !! You don’t know me or what I give but it doesn’t matter . Instead of complaining to fans about their wallet why don’t you email stans & ask for a change !

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn't say it was all your fault. Just that you're not a true fan.

True fans don't lie in wait to complain and boast about how much they plan to not monetarily support GT athletics.

You're just a true example of being not a true fan.
You’re right !! I’m sure that’s why successful college sports programs succeed is cause the common , ordinary fan pays !! Lol

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The reason we had to pay Hewitt so much was because of the dumbest contract ever given in history , we’ve made dumb hires , dumb extensions , Memphis was happy to give us pastner , & then we extend him after one year !!
We’ve made boneheaded decisions , but you’re right though all the blame is on the fan !! Might’ve the dumbest thing I’ve heard !! You don’t know me or what I give but it doesn’t matter . Instead of complaining to fans about their wallet why don’t you email stans & ask for a change !

I've talked to him about GT hoops on several occasions.

If you're so amped up for change. Start the GoFundMe and dump a few bucks in to it.

I'm literally giving you the answer, but you refuse to accept it.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Doesn’t mean he had to hire two guys that their previous programs couldn’t wait to get rid of. It’s been one blunder after the next since the 2004 season.

Newsflash for you - TStan didn't hire him. Bobolinski did. FWIW I would love to have fired him with all the nonsense that went on this offseason but the finances of investing in FB and state of Pastner's contract don't allow it. Don't like it but I understand it.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You’re right !! I’m sure that’s why successful college sports programs succeed is cause the common , ordinary fan pays !! Lol

Common fan or big time booster, everyone should do their part if they want to win.

You keep touting how it's not your problem.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The georgie trolls feeling their oats after cpj have come to do to the bball forum what they did to the fball forum

THWG16

Ramblin' Wreck
Newsflash for you - TStan didn't hire him. Bobolinski did. FWIW I would love to have fired him with all the nonsense that went on this offseason but the finances of investing in FB and state of Pastner's contract don't allow it. Don't like it but I understand it.
We should be able to fire him without buying him out considering the drama that’s been on his watch

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
Man, that hurts. We played great defense for most of the game, especially on the final play. Free throws and turnovers got us again. Missed a few front ends of 1 and 1’s. I actually didn’t mind the technical foul by coach. It ended up being the difference, but someone needed to get on to those refs. They were bad all night. We needed Price or Moore to step up and hit a corner shot. Cole had a tremendous game. Played with great energy. Bubba struggled taking care of the ball tonight. I love looking into the post, but we forced it too much into double teams. I’m frustrated because this has happened too many times to us Tech fans. Can’t believe he made that shot.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Man, that hurts. We played great defense for most of the game, especially on the final play. Free throws and turnovers got us again. Missed a few front ends of 1 and 1’s. I actually didn’t mind the technical foul by coach. It ended up being the difference, but someone needed to get on to those refs. They were bad all night. We needed Price or Moore to step up and hit a corner shot. Cole had a tremendous game. Played with great energy. Bubba struggles taking care of the ball tonight. I love looking into the post, but we forced it too much into double teams. I’m frustrated because this has happened too many times to us Tech fans. Can’t believe he made that shot.

Tennessee (Ron Slay?) did that to us at the Omni years ago. Pretty sure it was still The Omni.

I was there for that.

Deleted member 2897

Sucks when you would would have been undefeated if you weren’t down multiple starters.