Arkansas

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Does Alvarado make that much of a difference on the offensive side? Right now it looks like there’s literally no plan on offense. The same it’s been since Pastner has been here. Will Usher provide significant help for outside shooting? It looks like everyone is unsure of themselves. With Alvarado out, Parham is being asked to do way too much. Our offensive strategy looks to be pass around the perimeter until either Devoe or Parham drives to the paint and throws up a shot. Banks has basically been a non factor on the offensive side for 2 games.

Yes. Jose makes that big of a difference. He's potentially a 15 point a game scorer and the best pure PG we have.

Usher won't help outside shooting much but he'll provide more slashing potential and experience from the 3 spot.

Also, Banks had 20. Hard to say he was a non factor in this game on offense.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
23 turnovers.... it felt like every single play we turned the ball over. We must look for players who can't pass, and coaches who can't coach because that was just brutal to watch.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
There’s a reason legit friends of mine laugh at me for being a GT fan. It’s cus we freaking suck

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Wow. I haven’t followed basketball recruiting much so I’m a little uninformed. What is the talent level for GT’s team? Obviously the best PG has been out the past 2 games, and Usher isn’t eligible yet, but is this team worse than 2 very average SEC teams? Why does that offense completely stall for incredibly long periods of time? Just about every game I’ve watched that Tech has lost since CJP has been here it’s been because the other team went on an incredible run. Sometimes it’s not even the scoring run that’s bad, it’s just Tech not being able to score at all. Plus, free throw shooting has been atrocious. Shooting less than 70% as a team is embarrassing. Like I said last week, getting out-recruited by Georgia is embarrassing. Going 0-3 to the SEC is embarrassing. Not making the NCAAT in 10 years is embarrassing. For those who follow GT and NCAA basketball closely, is this a coaching and strategy issue? Or is it a talent and recruiting issue?