• Unranked but receiving votes

Votes: 138 51.7%
  • Unranked outright

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
The SEC teams were winning by 70 (Ole Miss, Alabama, etc) while Oregon struggled with Idaho. I don't there's a conspiracy here
Maybe. Too much history to just ignore, though. Clemson drops 11 spots (#25) - to below us and almost out of the top 25 - after getting beat pretty badly by UGAg. I shed no tears for Clemson, but that's pretty harsh. I still think there's bias. UGA's gonna beat a lot of teams that bad this year. Let's see what happens when those become ranked SECheat teams.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Well color me shocked. Thought we'd have to beat Syracuse to get ranked. I hope Key keeps everyone's heads focused squarely on the next opponent on the schedule! Go Jackets, Beat Orange!
I agree. I don't want the rankings to be one and done. If we can beat Syracuse, you would hope we would stay ranked at least 2 weeks (assuming we can hold serve against VMI). The sledding gets a lot more difficult after that. We play #1 UGA, #5 Notre Dame, #12 Miami, #22 Louisville and #24 NC State in the last 8 games. 3 of the 5 will be home games (though ND at Mercedes is a weak home game).

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I agree. I don't want the rankings to be one and done. If we can beat Syracuse, you would hope we would stay ranked at least 2 weeks (assuming we can hold serve against VMI). The sledding gets a lot more difficult after that. We play #1 UGA, #5 Notre Dame, #12 Miami, #22 Louisville and #24 NC State in the last 8 games. 3 of the 5 will be home games (though ND at Mercedes is a weak home game).
Yes, the back end of our schedule just got worse.

Louisville (26-22)
Dook (NR-NR)
UNC (NR-39)
ND (7-5)
VPI (27-NR)
Miami (19-12)
NCSU (24-24)
UGAg (1-1)

Last edited:

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Maybe. Too much history to just ignore, though. Clemson drops 11 spots (#25) - to below us and almost out of the top 25 - after getting beat pretty badly by UGAg. I shed no tears for Clemson, but that's pretty harsh. I still think there's bias. UGA's gonna beat a lot of teams that bad this year. Let's see what happens when those become ranked SECheat teams.
If an SEC team loses by 30 points to Georgia it won’t affect that team’s ranking by that much because they clearly were just having an off day. 😊

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, the back end of our schedule just got worse.

Louisville (26-22)
Dook (NR-NR)
UNC (NR-39)
ND (7-5)
VPI (27-NR)
Miami (19-12)
NCSU (24-24)
UGAg (1-1)
Eh.. not sure it looks that much worse

Louisville proved little except they can blowout an FCS team.
Duke is unchanged
UNC fell bass-ackwards into a win against Minnesota.
ND had a nice win but was already #7 and is essentially unchanged
VT gave strong evidence they are a pretender and not a contender
Miami actually looks more difficult. I think Florida is not a good team but Ward looked like a Heisman candidate.
NC State is unchanged but unlike Louisville were vulnerable against an FCS team.
UGA is UGA again this year.

VT and UNC "switched spots" and Miami looks like a real team, that's about all I take away.

Creative

Jolly Good Fellow
The SEC teams were winning by 70 (Ole Miss, Alabama, etc) while Oregon struggled with Idaho. I don't there's a conspiracy here
There’s no conspiracy. The SEC is the best. Clearly. Georgia crushed climpzin, Vandy beat a “dark horse” for the ACC CG etc. etc. The way to rewrite the “narrative” is to win. GT is moving in the right direction (Miami BC, Cuse, NC State too) while FSU, CU, VT and potentially UNC are moving backwards. GT just needs to keep winning. Loving this team so far.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Not saying FSU does not have problems and were over rated, but we may also find out by mid season that BC is pretty good as oldgoldandwhite was saying. They have a reputation of being hard nosed tough in the trenches and LB and when they get a few skill players they can be really good. Remember Matt Ryan and BC? As has been touched on BOB is a good coach.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Our remaining schedule:

Syracuse, coming off a meh win against Ohio in their 1st game. We're favored by 3.5.
VMI, lost to FCS William & Mary 41-7. This should not be that close.
#22 Louisville, will be 2-0, at home, and coming off a bye week.
Duke, has a pretty bland schedule leading up to our game. They play UNC before coming to Atlanta to face us after our bye week.
UNC, won't have a serious opponent before hosting us. After losing 3 in a row to GT they will care about this game a lot.
#5 ND @ MBS, they are always tough for us and will be looking at us hard if we keep winning.
VT, in Blacksburg. Who knows anything about them after the OT loss to Vandy?
#12 Miami in BDS. We have a bye while they play Duke. I imagine they will be pi$$ed after the 2023 debacle.
#24 NC State in BDS on Thursday night. We both have a bye week leading up to this game. When did we last play the Pack?
#1 uga, in Athens. Nuff said.

As @stinger78 posted, this will be a tough back end before we play in the ACCCG. I hope everyone can stay healthy. We need them.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
There’s no conspiracy. The SEC is the best. Clearly. Georgia crushed climpzin, Vandy beat a “dark horse” for the ACC CG etc. etc. The way to rewrite the “narrative” is to win. GT is moving in the right direction (Miami BC, Cuse, NC State too) while FSU, CU, VT and potentially UNC are moving backwards. GT just needs to keep winning. Loving this team so far.
VPI was never really a dark horse to win the ACC. They ended up just like us last year, but they did blow that game vs. Vandy. Did not look good. Miami beat the brakes off of Florida, too. Both conferences basically took care of business last week. They had a couple closer than expected games, too, and a couple of big losses (LSU and TAMU).