Votes: 138 51.7%
  • Unranked outright

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
This is where I stand on this: https://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

I like this ranking. But despite the result, clearly there isn't enough data to provide meaningful answers yet.
Exactly. Folks will get all exercised and say things like, “You can’t believe SMU is better than LSU!” My answer? “No I don’t, ultimately, but you can’t place LSU yet - they haven’t won a game. If they win and keep winning, they’ll rise.”

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
My theory on our 2016 failure to rank is that, despite beating 3 SEC teams in the same season, we seriously disappointed a lot of voters who in the prior season had ranked us highly after our 2014 performance.
Sportswriters tend to have a lot of inertia, and reward teams that have consistency season-to-season. Something we rarely have.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
They have a receiver that is absolutely lightning. Like might be the fastest player i've ever seen play not named Devon Hester. Not necessarily top end speed but his change of direction is unreal.
I don’t believe he was able to play against USCw

roedeo

Jolly Good Fellow
last time we were ranked I was 9, I'm now 18. Literally half my lifespan.
I’m really glad you are on this message board as an 18-yr old, and did not get sucked into the hype and fandom at the athens- clarke county correctional facility.

Some of the contributors on this site have been Tech fans for more than 50 years. I will be there soon. We’ve seen the pinnacle and we’ve been in the abyss with the Tech fb program. Some of us won’t be around much longer.

This early in the season, 2-0 feels better than 0-2 which had been the norm with the previous coach.

So, enjoy the journey one game at a time. It really feels different around here these days, and bring some more 20-somethings to our GT Swarm!

Jazzchaz

Jolly Good Fellow
Its the first time we have been ranked since week 5 of the 2015 season. We also haven't been ranked in Men's Basketball since the 2009-2010 season. Its been quite a drought.
Being ranked by the AP is much better than not being ranked, but they have been the least reliable gage through the years. Most sportswriters, whether they want to admit it or not, tend to rank teams with lots of fans higher up. Happy fans read more newspapers and listen to more sports shows which means they read and hear more ads. Do I think the AP is worthless because they've never ranked Tech #1? Absolutely!

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
100% agree with this. So, reward those who win and put them ahead of those who lose. Eventually, the cream will rise to the top and all will be right with the world. In the meantime, everyone sees that teams are rewarded for being successful on the field.
I predicted 24th but I’m satisfied today with 23rd. Keep winning and good things happen. Lot of good noise going on at Ga Tech.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
I’m really glad you are on this message board as an 18-yr old, and did not get sucked into the hype and fandom at the athens- clarke county correctional facility.

Some of the contributors on this site have been Tech fans for more than 50 years. I will be there soon. We’ve seen the pinnacle and we’ve been in the abyss with the Tech fb program. Some of us won’t be around much longer.

This early in the season, 2-0 feels better than 0-2 which had been the norm with the previous coach.

So, enjoy the journey one game at a time. It really feels different around here these days, and bring some more 20-somethings to our GT Swarm!
Don’t thank me, thank my late grandpa for listening to those great Dodd teams on the radio and thank my dad for going to Tech, getting season tickets after he graduated, and taking me to games starting when I was two. I’ve been blessed to have Tech fandom run in my blood.