• Unranked but receiving votes

Votes: 138 51.7%
  • Unranked outright

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I voted 20-25 range before last night. After FSU's showing, I think we won't be ranked today but will be receiving votes. If we win at Syracuse and blow out VMI, we will be ranked in the 20-25 range for the Louisville game.
I would really like to be ranked. I know it doesn’t mean much, but it sure would be nice.
That said, I think the FSU performance may have given us something more valuable than a ranking. I expect the coaches are getting A LOT of mileage out of it in practice. I hope so.
It’s a whole lot better to learn tough lessons at someone else’s expense… hopefully it resonates with our guys so we don’t have to see it first hand.

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
I voted 20-25 range before last night. After FSU's showing, I think we won't be ranked today but will be receiving votes. If we win at Syracuse and blow out VMI, we will be ranked in the 20-25 range for the Louisville game.
I'm curious if we will be above or below BC. I assume they'll get some votes as well.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
So looking at these projections, Top 10 SEC 4, Big 10 4, Notre Dame, Miami (ACC). Looking at the entire 25 projections SEC 9, Big 10 6, Big 12 6 (including 3 of Top 13), ACC 3 (1 of Top 22), Notre Dame. No surprise on SEC and Big Ten but I am surprised by how many more Big 12 teams are proposed to be ranked. ACC looks like a very distant 4th conference if these rankings are close to reality. It really hurts the image of the ACC when their supposed Top 2 teams Clemson and FSU have played so poorly to start the year.
It isn't just FSU and Clemson. The Big12 has been on a large media blitz to hype their conference. If you pay attention to social media, it would appear that the Big12 is the 3rd conference by a large gap. If you look at any objective measure, they are 4th behind the ACC. However, they constantly hype themselves, whereas the ACC does not. People seem to think the hype doesn't matter, but it does have an impact on how the media views conferences and teams.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
IMO, right now Miami has the most impressive win of the early season for the ACC. They absolutely spanked Florida.

GT and BC are a LOT better, and will end up higher in the ACC standings than many predicted. BC team just looks TOUGH...very similar to our team. They may have the better DL though. O'Brien (a candidate for GT's job before we hired Key) is a heck of a coach. Their secondary looks a bit shaky, that was kinda lost in FSU's struggles...FSU had a LOT or receivers open, DJU just couldn't hit them or their receivers dropped passes. Both GT and BC make you earn everything...and both HCs come from the O'Leary and Saban tree so that kind of football is expected.

Clemson will be good, just not a top 10 team.

IMO, ACC doesn't have the top end elite teams like 'Bama and UGA, but we just might be the deepest conference in the country. Stanford looks like they might struggle all season, but I can't find a team in the ACC that you can say will not make a bowl game. It will not be an easy season for any team to get through the ACC conference schedule.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
IMO, right now Miami has the most impressive win of the early season for the ACC. They absolutely spanked Florida.

GT and BC are a LOT better, and will end up higher in the ACC standings than many predicted. BC team just looks TOUGH...very similar to our team. They may have the better DL though. O'Brien (a candidate for GT's job before we hired Key) is a heck of a coach. Their secondary looks a bit shaky, that was kinda lost in FSU's struggles...FSU had a LOT or receivers open, DJU just couldn't hit them or their receivers dropped passes. Both GT and BC make you earn everything...and both HCs come from the O'Leary and Saban tree so that kind of football is expected.

IMO, ACC doesn't have the top end elite teams like 'Bama and UGA, but we just might be the deepest conference in the country. Stanford looks like they might struggle all season, but I can't find a team in the ACC that you can say will not make a bowl game. It will not be an easy season for any team to get through the ACC conference schedule.
Well stated. I think this pretty much sums up my position, too. I do wonder about where F$U's heart is though.

57jacket

Helluva Engineer

Good post. I watched the Miami game, and they are, IMHO, the best team in the ACC. Their new QB ( Cord?) is the real deal. He looked outstanding. Quick accurate throws. I don't see anybody better.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
Good post. I watched the Miami game, and they are, IMHO, the best team in the ACC. Their new QB ( Cord?) is the real deal. He looked outstanding. Quick accurate throws. I don't see anybody better.
I do. I've been watching a 2-0 team that I think is pretty darn good with probably the best QB in the ACC. I think FSU would trounce Florida.

travgt01

Ramblin' Wreck
UF is also garbage. Maybe the worst team in the sec. And cristobal is a poor coach as we can all see. Good at cruiting, doesn't seem to be good with details.

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck

26th in the coaches poll

Sad but true. Rank us below winless teams and middle of the pack teams coming off diabeetus wins.

If only we had epilepsy-inducing team colors and led an FCS team by 3 points at home in the fourth quarter, maybe we could be ranked high like Oregon.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Coaches have always been better towards us (1990 lol) so AP prob won't have us ranked either. :(

Good. I'd rather go into this game unranked with a chip on our shoulder than ranked 18 or 20 or something and feeling good about ourselves. Win this week and we're in. Key will reinforce this view. "They don't think you're good. They think FSU stinks. Let's show them how good we are....."