• Unranked but receiving votes

Votes: 138 51.7%
  • Unranked outright

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Maybe. Too much history to just ignore, though. Clemson drops 11 spots (#25) - to below us and almost out of the top 25 - after getting beat pretty badly by UGAg. I shed no tears for Clemson, but that's pretty harsh. I still think there's bias. UGA's gonna beat a lot of teams that bad this year. Let's see what happens when those become ranked SECheat teams.
Truth!

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Maybe. Too much history to just ignore, though. Clemson drops 11 spots (#25) - to below us and almost out of the top 25 - after getting beat pretty badly by UGAg. I shed no tears for Clemson, but that's pretty harsh. I still think there's bias. UGA's gonna beat a lot of teams that bad this year. Let's see what happens when those become ranked SECheat teams.
Ole Miss dropped from #9 to #13 after getting boat raced by UGA 52-17. It’s early so it makes sense rankings are fluid but definitely harsh

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
That’s the double-standard. Our win against #10 FSU doesn’t mean much since preseason rankings are pointless. But also rank us below winless teams since their preseason rankings must be right.
So do you think we are better than LSU?

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
We appeared on 27 out of 62 ballots for the AP poll

Interestingly enough our biggest fans seem to be out of the mid-Atlantic ACC states and the Midwest. Big 10 invite on the horizon?? /s maybe?

Where the writers ranked us: Name (affiliate)

15: Greg Madia (UVA)

18: Shaun Goodwin (Boise St), Jordan Crammer (UNC), Steve Wiseman (Duke)

19: Kayla Anderson (Washington St), David Paschall (Tennessee), Brian Howell (Colorado), Kirk Bohls (Texas), Rece Davis (Bama)

20: Aaron McMann (CMU/Michigan), Alex Taylor (Wyoming), Ian Kress (Michigan St), David Briggs (Toledo/Ohio St), Steven Johnson (TCU) David Jablonski (Dayton/Ohio St)

21: Johnny McGonigal (Penn St), Koki Riley (LSU)

22: Michael Katz (Ole Miss), Chris Murray (Nevada)

23: Zach Klein (UGA), Tom Murphy (Arkansas), Karley Marotta (Wisconsin), Michael Lev (Arizona), Chip Towers (UGA)

24: Amie Just (Nebraska), Matt Baker (FSU/Florida), Emily Leiker (Syracuse), Pete Yanity (Clemson/South Carolina), Stephen Means (Ohio St)

25: Bob Asmussen (Illinois), Mason Young (Oklahoma), Adam Cole (Auburn), Cody Nespor (WVU)

Unranked: Sean Reider (New Mexico), Brenna Greene (Oregon/Oregon St), Blair Kerkhoff (Kansas/Mizzou), Creg Stephenson (Bama/South Alabama), Jordan McPherson (Miami), Andy Yama****a (Washington), Trevor Hass (BC), Adam Zucker (Syracuse), Damien Sordelett (Liberty), John Steppe (Iowa), Matt Muschel (FSU lol), John Clay (Kentucky), Garland Gillen (LSU), Joe Arruda (UConn), Brian Fonseca (Rutgers), Robert Cessna (A&M), Eric Hansen (ND), Mike Hill (Fox Sports), Josh Furlong (Utah), Matt Brown (Penn St), Henry Greenstein (Kansas), Bob Ballou (Texas), Dylan Sinn (ND), Kirk Kenney (SDSU), Randy Johnson (Minnesota), Brett McMurphy (Ok St), Dave Preston (Maryland), John Willner (Pac 2)

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Yes. We're 2-0, they're winless. We don't know how good USCw is.

They have a receiver that is absolutely lightning. Like might be the fastest player i've ever seen play not named Devon Hester. Not necessarily top end speed but his change of direction is unreal.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
They have a receiver that is absolutely lightning. Like might be the fastest player i've ever seen play not named Devon Hester. Not necessarily top end speed but his change of direction is unreal.
USCw or LSU? LSU always has lightning fast receivers. I think LSU is going to be good this year. I just don't think teams with losses should be ranked above teams without losses. To me, it's about earning it on the field. Yeah, that may mean it gets weird in the beginning of the season, but those things tend to right themselves as the season goes on, so why not do it right in the beginning?

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Yes. Rankings should be earned and based on results.
Yes. I don't know why this isn't more intuitive. Rank teams according to what they've done, not what you think they'll do. That way it will get better and better as the season progresses.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Yes. I don't know why this isn't more intuitive. Rank teams according to what they've done, not what you think they'll do. That way it will get better and better as the season progresses.
This is where I stand on this: https://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

I like this ranking. But despite the result, clearly there isn't enough data to provide meaningful answers yet.

forensicbuzz

21st Century Throwback Dad
This is where I stand on this: https://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

I like this ranking. But despite the result, clearly there isn't enough data to provide meaningful answers yet.
100% agree with this. So, reward those who win and put them ahead of those who lose. Eventually, the cream will rise to the top and all will be right with the world. In the meantime, everyone sees that teams are rewarded for being successful on the field.