Anyone else just really happy?

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
So, no reason other that you think so. Got it. I've never seen anything from either of them to suggest they wouldn't have signed with Tech.

Believe what you would like. I can’t control it. When you make comments like that however you certainly lose credibility going forward.

Be interesting to see how many of those were recruited during Geoff Collins' brief former stints. I bet it's disproportionate in his favor.
He was Recruiting Coordinator in 2006 so it would be the 2009 and 2010 class So the answer would be the 4 juniors in 2009. Only Anthony Allen was drafted in 2010 and he was a transfer.

So CPJ had half as many players drafted annually as his predecessors.
Again, the argument is rather useless. If you think a player shows up at 18-19 and is ready for the NFL then you need some help. The claim is that it is all about recruiting. I have a different view, it is about how well you were coached. Nesbitt would have never been the quarterback he became under Gailey. And the final point I was making is that Tech never was nor ever will be an NFL factory and the dream of some here is that we are going to eliminate Calculus and our majors and become UGA.......

So when you take each coach and the players drafted during the years they coached, it comes out to about 2 players per year. Example 2003 CGO recruit, we had 1.

You know better than that. You are making dishonest arguments again.
He was the recruiting coordinator for 1 year at Tech.

1993–94 Western Carolina (Asst.)
1995 Franklin HS (NC) (Asst.)
1996 Fordham (LB)
1997–1998 Albright (DC)
1999–2001 Georgia Tech (GA)
2002–2005 Western Carolina (DC)
2006 Georgia Tech (RC)
2007 Alabama (DPP)
2008–2009 UCF (LB/RC)
2010 FIU (DC)
2011–2012 Mississippi State (co-DC)
2013–2014 Mississippi State (DC)
2015–2016 Florida (DC)
2017–2018 Temple
2019–present Georgia Tech

Facts are hard to get around aren't they.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
You know better than that. You are making dishonest arguments again.

He is skewing everything to bolster Paul Johnson. He is completely shook by PJs retirement. PJ hasn’t had one kid drafted in 2 years and of the last 3 (who I think were Butker, Gotsis and Smelter?) and one of those was a kicker. So PJ got Collins and Gaileys players drafted, gotta few of his own from the 2011 class and had no drafted players in 2017 or 2018 drafts.

Also Derrick Morgan said in an article earlier this week that Collins was instrumental in the core of that historical GT class going to GT. So to those who believe PJ would have sighed DMo and Morgan Burnette are likely wrong based on Derrick Morgan’s comments themselves. Go read the article in the AJC. It’s the one where Roddy Jones calls Collins “ahead of the curve”.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes winning. Which goes back to recruiting. Never said media coverage got you time slots. I was asking you a question
And recruiting is not enough either. Just look at Fla State, Miami, Texas, Southern Cal, etc. we will never out recruit these schools and if you think so your delusional. And I love the hire but will not expect him to recruit at that level. I will hope that he can coach up, get great return on talent, and have Xs and Os that out coach the factories like CPJ did some times.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He was the recruiting coordinator for 1 year at Tech.

1993–94 Western Carolina (Asst.)
1995 Franklin HS (NC) (Asst.)
1996 Fordham (LB)
1997–1998 Albright (DC)
1999–2001 Georgia Tech (GA)
2002–2005 Western Carolina (DC)
2006 Georgia Tech (RC)
2007 Alabama (DPP)
2008–2009 UCF (LB/RC)
2010 FIU (DC)
2011–2012 Mississippi State (co-DC)
2013–2014 Mississippi State (DC)
2015–2016 Florida (DC)
2017–2018 Temple
2019–present Georgia Tech

Facts are hard to get around aren't they.

They sure are. Read my comment above regarding what Derrick Morgab said about him and our own Roddy Jones.

After Collins largely hauled in GT BEST RECRUITING CLASS IN HISTORY In one year on campus, Saban is quoted as saying he wanted Collins on his staff because if he could be responsible for a class like the 2006 class at GT he can recruit anywhere.

But don’t let any of these facts spoken from the very players in that class get in the way of your love fest.

He is skewing everything to bolster Paul Johnson. He is completely shook by PJs retirement. PJ hasn’t had one kid drafted in 2 years and of the last 3 (who I think were Butker, Gotsis and Smelter?) and one of those was a kicker. So PJ got Collins and Gaileys players drafted, gotta few of his own from the 2011 class and had no drafted players in 2017 or 2018 drafts.

Also Derrick Morgan said in an article earlier this week that Collins was instrumental in the core of that historical GT class going to GT. So to those who believe PJ would have sighed DMo and Morgan Burnette are likely wrong based on Derrick Morgan’s comments themselves. Go read the article in the AJC. It’s the one where Roddy Jones calls Collins “ahead of the curve”.

So in you alls Hate CPJ world the logic holds that CGO in 1998 with 10 wins did it with Bill Lewis players. And if he did then great he did a better job than his predecessor. CPJ took 7-5 Chan players and went to the Orange bowl and won the ACC.
He took his own player in 2014 to and 11 win season.....not bad recruiting huh. He went to Athens in 2008 and di what CCG couldn't and beat a team loaded with 1st round draft picks.

They sure are. Read my comment above regarding what Derrick Morgab said about him and our own Roddy Jones.

After Collins largely hauled in GT BEST RECRUITING CLASS IN HISTORY In one year on campus, Saban is quoted as saying he wanted Collins on his staff because if he could be responsible for a class like the 2006 class at GT he can recruit anywhere.

But don’t let any of these facts spoken from the very players in that class get in the way of your love fest.
And as I pointed out from the current thread, 4 of those players got drafted. The next year none of that class did.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
So in you alls Hate CPJ world the logic holds that CGO in 1998 with 10 wins did it with Bill Lewis players. And if he did then great he did a better job than his predecessor. CPJ took 7-5 Chan players and went to the Orange bowl and won the ACC.
He took his own player in 2014 to and 11 win season.....not bad recruiting huh. He went to Athens in 2008 and di what CCG couldn't and beat a team loaded with 1st round draft picks.

I don’t believe anybody is saying Johnson is not a good coach are they?