Anyone else just really happy?

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
People asking a question is NOT an anti CPJ (or any other coach ) RANT.

People need to stop with this canard.
If you have been on this board for any length of time you know the answer to this question. Or just go to one of the pro CPJ threads you can find the answer now. You know the answer Silos to why people have liked CPJ and you know the answer to why they dont like CPJ. This thread is about being Happy. Asking this question here is just another instigation of the same old argyment and I for one don’t need to hear it again. Move on and be happy.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
People asking a question is NOT an anti CPJ (or any other coach ) RANT.

People need to stop with this canard.
People saying CPJ did good things while here isn't worshipping at the CPJ altar or being blinded by an acceptance of so called "mediocrity".

People need to stop with this canard (and I'm referring to falsehoods used in a story, not the French duck used in cooking).

Last edited:

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Look, I loved the presser and the newness and enthusiasm, But what I know is this. He has been at Tech before and recruited at Tech. He understands the reality that he cannot compete with UGA, BAMA, and Clemson for recruits. Tech does not offer Ethnic Studies, PE and Criminal behavior studies as degrees.. The latter is for later use by UGA players over the summer. He knows he has to go outside the State of Georgia to get players. That is what I like. Saban commented that he wanted Collins stating, if he can recruit at Tech he can recruit anywhere. What I am waiting on is to see what he id going to do on the field. Offense and Defense, for all of us on this board this morning we do not know what systems he is going to run.
I get your point about seeing it on the field but don’t get the vibe you are putting out about the energy and enthusiasm Collins is projecting. Are they not good things? Were you not getting worn down by PJ’s dour approach to things? I understand that we aren’t going to recruit like the factories but we can do better. I also do not think we will be able to simply line up and overpower people but also don’t think that is what we are going to try to do. What I like is that he has been here and knows what the issues are but still wanted the job. He has been a high energy guy his whole career and someone who players love. He’s also been successful as a coordinator and is considered innovative as a coach. His 2 years at Temple have taught him what the difference in being DC and HC is and he had them on an upward trajectory again. There are no guarantees but I like the hire.

I loved PJ for what he did at Tech but he’s gone. I also believe the NCAA is set on killing his offense through rule changes disguised as concerns for player safety. I’ll also add references to Chan’s offense are immaterial. No one runs that style
amymore so it shouldn’t even come up.

Finally I can’t imagine how a Tech fan would not be excited about this hire. I especially can’t imagine why they would make a point of telling everyone unless it’s the age old Tech tradition for laying the groundwork to be able to say “told you so”.