Alcorn State Postgame Discussion

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
At some point against good defenses, he is going to HAve to hit some big passes to win games- to open up the running game, to come back and win down late in the 4th etc.

If we have to depend on the passing game to beat a good opponent then I agree with your underlying sentiment. We don't have the QB to do that. BTW we don't have the OL, receivers or system to do it either. We are going to live or die by our running game and his #1, 2 and 3 job is to make that go. I saw quick feet and recognizing it was Alcorn I thought I saw improvement on the pitch. That is a hell of a lot more important than the bad mechanics we both saw in his initial passing attempts. I did think he got better as the second half went on.

I we have to have a 3rd and 15 completion to win a close game against a good team, I don't like our chances either. But the game would have been close because of the running game.

If we can pass on second and 6 after 3 straight first downs, then I do like our chances.

IMHO that is what this team and system is.

I sat in 223 in the upper East today and there was a station there
There was one new waterfountain at the north end of the upper deck, and there was a line about 50 long trying to get to it. Is that what you're referring to? It looked like nothing more than a new water fountain to me. There was nothing at the south end, other than the two old water fountains from years past....the kind you can only fill half your bottle from. I sit in section 225, slightly south of the 50. The nearest thing to me are those old water fountains in outside section 227.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
If we have to depend on the passing game to beat a good opponent then I agree with your underlying sentiment. We don't have the QB to do that. BTW we don't have the OL, receivers or system to do it either. We are going to live or die by our running game and his #1, 2 and 3 job is to make that go. I saw quick feet and recognizing it was Alcorn I thought I saw improvement on the pitch. That is a hell of a lot more important than the bad mechanics we both saw in his initial passing attempts. I did think he got better as the second half went on.

I we have to have a 3rd and 15 completion to win a close game against a good team, I don't like our chances either. But the game would have been close because of the running game.

If we can pass on second and 6 after 3 straight first downs, then I do like our chances.

IMHO that is what this team and system is.

I think we have to be able to hit enough passes to make the defense respect us and not put eight in the box. If they don’t think we can pass, I think we are toast against an average P-5 opponent. How many passes are enough? Who knows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See if this works....

Yeah, that works fine. I don't what the difference is in what you did there and what you did earlier, but please, if possible, use that latter method in the future :)
Now, as the lone responder on that Tweet asked, "What are they saying after 'If I had a daughter, Sir, I’d dress her in white and gold'??????"

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Everyone is reading too much in the 1st game no matter who it is they played .
My reaction is more heavily based on seeing this first game as a continuation of last rear, where I got to watch this offense for 11 games.

Is it possible we will completely turn things around? I suppose it is possible. Is it likely? I don’t think so. Some improvements may occur, but not enough to change who we are fundamentally.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Great game. A win but not sharp. Yet.

But ...

... the dude on the GT Women’s Dance Team! WTF?

Why does every one but him have long hair and look great?

20180901_140853.jpg

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
My reaction is more heavily based on seeing this first game as a continuation of last rear, where I got to watch this offense for 11 games.

Is it possible we will completely turn things around? I suppose it is possible. Is it likely? I don’t think so. Some improvements may occur, but not enough to change who we are fundamentally.

Pretty much where i'm at. But 2014 looked pretty bad at first too. So there is some hope.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Yeah, that works fine. I don't what the difference is in what you did there and what you did earlier, but please, if possible, use that latter method in the future :)
Now, as the lone responder on that Tweet asked, "What are they saying after 'If I had a daughter, Sir, I’d dress her in white and gold'??????"
FB vs Twitter post.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
They kept trying to attack Jaytlin Askew with bubble screens but he did a great job holding his own against bigger, blocking receivers and disrupting the play.
The first one they threw his way was impressive, he stayed on the outside so they wouldn’t get to he outside, which allowed the rest of the D to fly over when the ball carrier had to cut inside.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer