Alcohol Sales

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I was in Nashville at that game. Looked like an LSU home game....well, more like an LSU home practice actually. Smallish stadium (40,000 ish) and LSU fans took it over. No doubt we enjoy our adult beverages, but in our defense (LSU is my second team because I was born and raised down in the bayou) the sun was bright and it was hot. That’s our story and we’re sticking to it. On top of that, no drive-thru daiquiri stores in Nashville . Sad

GT_EE78

Banned
I don't think this is accurate. Otherwise, how do you explain Tech Square? Multiple restaurants selling beer within 100 yards. If its just applying for a license/permit, no reason the same can't be done for the stadium.
What is "Tech Square" ??

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Buzz IPA!

[FLOAT_RIGHT]
jude-belgian-style-tripel-by-reformation-brewery.jpg
[/FLOAT_RIGHT]
Nah, but brewing is 90% Biomedical Engineering...I'm sure we can figure it out.

There are (at least) two craft breweries in Atlanta that were founded and owned by Tech alums & fans.

I know four of the six Reformation Brewery founders are at most home games (two of us are alums, the other two are life-long, long-suffering super-dedicated sidewalk fans.) Jude (Reformation Brewery's Triple) is even packaged in a can that is White on top and Pantone 874 on the bottom :)

(Yeah, the can looks a little yellow here. It is the actual GT Old-Gold pantone color, however.)

Chris and Jason at Second Self are also GT alums and are active GT supporters. They make really good beer.

I'm sure between the two of us we could provide a lot of good options for game-day. Unfortunately, GT floats with the mainstream and serves Sweetwater (founded by two University of Colorado-Boulder grads) for their tailgate beer.

Animal02

Banned
[FLOAT_RIGHT]
jude-belgian-style-tripel-by-reformation-brewery.jpg
[/FLOAT_RIGHT]
Nah, but brewing is 90% Biomedical Engineering...I'm sure we can figure it out.

There are (at least) two craft breweries in Atlanta that were founded and owned by Tech alums & fans.

I know four of the six Reformation Brewery founders are at most home games (two of us are alums, the other two are life-long, long-suffering super-dedicated sidewalk fans.) Jude (Reformation Brewery's Triple) is even packaged in a can that is White on top and Pantone 874 on the bottom :)

(Yeah, the can looks a little yellow here. It is the actual GT Old-Gold pantone color, however.)

Chris and Jason at Second Self are also GT alums and are active GT supporters. They make really good beer.

I'm sure between the two of us we could provide a lot of good options for game-day. Unfortunately, GT floats with the mainstream and serves Sweetwater (founded by two University of Colorado-Boulder grads) for their tailgate beer.
There will be another in Peachtree Corners. My old roommate is opening one up. kettlerockbrewing.com

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Awesome! We're all* pretty friendly in the craft-beer business in the ATL, so tell him to reach out if he likes. We should lobby for better representation. I was going to be in the Chem E Dean's suite opening weekend and was going to make a point to press the new Prez on that point, but a family emergency made me miss it. Next time. So there's still hope!

(*with one exception)

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Beer sales at Temple. Nice.
Great city, too bad they don't have a 25-30k person stadium though. The Linc must be a miserable, soul-less place to watch a G5 college football game.

Temple should build something on campus similar to what Tulane's got.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
imo, its another thing we will do dead last and be behind the curve with; and lose unrealize revenue for years

just like recruiting staff and "staff" coaches etc

we say we are innovative at tech, but we tend to copy a whole hell of a lot
Peterson was against all alcohol sales on campus. I think this will begin to be phased in next year with the new guy now on board

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk