Alcohol Sales

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I haven't read the whole thread to see if it is already here - but the first game for NCSU the report was they sold slightly in exess of 10K cans of beer - mostly Ole Tuffy (NCSU's own brand). Probably around 100K revenue (not sure NCSU's take). They did self regulate sales significantly with one beer per person and limited number of beer stands. Lot of commentary it was quicker to go back to the car at halftime than stand in the line.

gtg970g

Jolly Good Fellow
I haven't read the whole thread to see if it is already here - but the first game for NCSU the report was they sold slightly in exess of 10K cans of beer - mostly Ole Tuffy (NCSU's own brand). Probably around 100K revenue (not sure NCSU's take). They did self regulate sales significantly with one beer per person and limited number of beer stands. Lot of commentary it was quicker to go back to the car at halftime than stand in the line.
This is why we should sell beer only in the stands. We just need a vendor for each tunnel and call it a day.

gtcole

Jolly Good Fellow
State law does

(A) Any distilled spirits in or within 100 yards of any church building or within 200 yards of any school building, educational building, school grounds, or college campus;

(B) Any wine or malt beverages within 100 yards of any school building, school grounds, or college campus. This subparagraph shall not apply at any location for which a license has been issued prior to July 1, 1981, nor to the renewal of such license. Nor shall this subparagraph apply at any location for which a new license is applied for if the sale of wine and beer was lawful at such location at any time during the 12 months immediately preceding such application;
I don't think this is accurate. Otherwise, how do you explain Tech Square? Multiple restaurants selling beer within 100 yards. If its just applying for a license/permit, no reason the same can't be done for the stadium.

Animal02

Banned
I don't think this is accurate. Otherwise, how do you explain Tech Square? Multiple restaurants selling beer within 100 yards. If its just applying for a license/permit, no reason the same can't be done for the stadium.
That is what I found in the state law......have no idea if it has been updated, thrown out, etc. WRT Tech Square......I wonder if that is not defined as part of the "campus" per legalese. Regardless......it is a silly law to include colleges.

Milwaukee

Banned
Two data points hardly proves anything (ahem, GTSwarmers), but thought this was interesting

6C6BA2CC-7978-4B11-A452-54CF7AC2C642.gif

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
What Ole Miss did for baseball, and what TStan did at the Tit was create separate ingress/egress areas for alcohol. Dedicate one section of the stadium to beer, premium cocktails and food and charge for it. From what I hear, it's a smash hit at Ole Miss. Of course, anything with alcohol there usually is ...

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
What Ole Miss did for baseball, and what TStan did at the Tit was create separate ingress/egress areas for alcohol. Dedicate one section of the stadium to beer, premium cocktails and food and charge for it. From what I hear, it's a smash hit at Ole Miss. Of course, anything with alcohol there usually is ...

As I understand it, alcohol in the club seats for both Tech football and basketball are not "for sale." You get two drinks (and only two drinks) per game included with your ticket.

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
I don't drink, but watching Tech football so far this season has me thinking about starting. I'd just get Uber to drive me 80 miles back home. Then I'd have to face the wife. Probably spend the rest of the weekend in the county jail for being intoxicated. We've all said it, "It's tough to be a Tech fan". Adidas is missing a T-shirt opportunity.