Alcohol Sales

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
imo, its another thing we will do dead last and be behind the curve with; and lose unrealize revenue for years

just like recruiting staff and "staff" coaches etc

we say we are innovative at tech, but we tend to copy a whole hell of a lot
I fully expect that exact scenario. Just imagine the boost in attendance from beer sales alone.

I know a handful of my crew stay in the parking lot cause like a lot of other tailgate crews, we have TVs and booze so...

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Peterson was against all alcohol sales on campus. I think this will begin to be phased in next year with the new guy now on board

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

I mean. Between his corrupt tenure and social justice warrior priorities, when the heck did he have time to care about athletics and do something that totally makes sense.

give peterson a break. He was busy ripping tax payers off and making sure everyone had coloring books ok.

He wasnt worried about profit. he is in government. No one worries about it

Jeez people. Jeez.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
so. This isnt true that i know of. Uga sold this year.

edit to also say uga limitation of where they could sell was SEC rule.....

I’m not sure. They provide alcohol at BB games but through a restricted access. I think TStan had to get special permission from the state to do so.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
If Kirby wants the law changed, it’ll change

As I shared previously, Ole Miss has a similar law as to Georgia re alcohol sales on campus. What they did was to build separate "adult" sections of the stadium with separate entrance from the general public. These areas were catered, served alcohol, and are very popular. I love this idea and hope it is implemented.

On a separate rant, I find it ironic that Georgia Tech, the cradle of innovation, cannot innovate at BDS. Is it so hard to ..

• Actually fulfill a discount for STHers? I hear this often, that STH'ers get a discount on concessions and every time I ask and told, "No, we don't offer a STH discount." Seriously? Who is leading oversight of this? It is incredibly bad form to list this as a STH benefit and then fail to follow through with concessions and make sure it's offered.
  • Concession apps. Everyone hates the long lines. Can't we just get a payment app on our iPhone and use Apple Pay. It would even link to our STH account and include the discount. Gamify it and provide points for purchases.
  • Special entrances for STH. I fail to understand why STH's can't have a special lane for entry to reduce time for security.
  • Taste of Atlanta. Pregame, why can't we have leading restaurants provide their favorite foods for purchase? I went to several SEC games this year and they were fabulous. I'd had enough of Sonny's.
There's no heavy lifting here. Just marketing. Make BDS a first class football experience for the 40,000 fans who will show up.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
I thought a lot of this is what TStan wants to do with the field level changes to the Wardlaw Abomination/Mistake? Kind of a biergarten environment?

Alcohol is already available in the suites and various lounges in the stadium. And if you need to ask permission, get special restricted access (DUH.... kinda like a bar), get it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. In the Letterwinners Lounge, you get a wristband that says you're over 21.

A coupla beers is surely preferable to the amount of liquor that gets smuggled into games. The students still do that, don't they?

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I thought a lot of this is what TStan wants to do with the field level changes to the Wardlaw Abomination/Mistake? Kind of a biergarten environment?

Alcohol is already available in the suites and various lounges in the stadium. And if you need to ask permission, get special restricted access (DUH.... kinda like a bar), get it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. In the Letterwinners Lounge, you get a wristband that says you're over 21.

A coupla beers is surely preferable to the amount of liquor that gets smuggled into games. The students still do that, don't they?

I can vouch for at least one nonstudent still smuggling liquor :whistle:

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Not true.

You are correct. Tech policy allows alcohol. But .. if students attend:
  1. Access to the alcoholic beverages must be controlled through a central point of distribution by a vendor with a proper alcohol license or a trained server and through the use of sober monitors. Control is for the purpose of restricting use by those under the legal drinking age and/or who are obviously intoxicated.
So TStan would have to isolate students or create an adult zone and it’s good.

The way I read it, take Sections 106 and 107 and have beer sales in the stands. That increases the value of the premium seats and you get servers to bring the beer to you.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I fully expect that exact scenario. Just imagine the boost in attendance from beer sales alone.

I know a handful of my crew stay in the parking lot cause like a lot of other tailgate crews, we have TVs and booze so...

I don’t think we’ll see a big boost in attendance just because of beer sales. Especially if they sell for $10.

Re tailgaters, a lot don’t even bother going to the game. The experience is in the tents. I see the same effect at SEC games. Many don’t even have tickets. They just like the environment.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
You are correct. Tech policy allows alcohol. But .. if students attend:
  1. Access to the alcoholic beverages must be controlled through a central point of distribution by a vendor with a proper alcohol license or a trained server and through the use of sober monitors. Control is for the purpose of restricting use by those under the legal drinking age and/or who are obviously intoxicated.
So TStan would have to isolate students or create an adult zone and it’s good.

The way I read it, take Sections 106 and 107 and have beer sales in the stands. That increases the value of the premium seats and you get servers to bring the beer to you.

It's going to be something like this to start. But if it is sold in 107, it also must be sold in 105, or I will be very pissed.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
This is what I am envisioning. Enlarge the deck with a canopy and extend the weight room(I believe CPJ had mentioned this) with windows that look out over the field. Add in some of the comfortable chairs that you see around stadiums and WAH-LAH! New priority and updated to the new century seating.

Where does the money come from is the question? That’s why you get a sponsorship(sorry local brew guys) from Sweetwater.

Jmonty71

Banned
$EC just passed rule allowing alcohol sales for each sporting event at member schools. What is the policy for ACC schools and will this change?

Just another revenue stream that separates them from us.:banghead:
The SEC knows that over 75% of their fan base wants to buy a damned beer at a game. They are smart enough to cash in. The question will be is how to keep the underage students from drinking, in public. My guess is, some student will ruin it by getting drunk at a game, causing a national issue.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
The SEC knows that over 75% of their fan base wants to buy a damned beer at a game. They are smart enough to cash in. The question will be is how to keep the underage students from drinking, in public. My guess is, some student will ruin it by getting drunk at a game, causing a national issue.

That will never stop. A solid percentage of underage students are already drinking in the stadium with liquor they snuck in. Not sure I understand why it matters if its 'In public' or not.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
What do you think all the fraternity students at Tech you walk by are 21 lmao. Lots of colleges have sold alcohol before the SEC passed their rule what makes you think the SEC changes this.