AJC: MBS series financial details

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
If this a huge success then yes we both know they would look to increase the games played at the Benz
Well, my first reaction is if it’s a huge success why wouldn’t we? But otoh the only way for it to be a huge success is for us to be a big winner on the field and if that’s the case the situation changes in terms of leverage and ticket demand so who knows what the outcome might be.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
drink the koolaid some more...........pretty comical that when this deal was announced, the koolaid drinkers like yourself claimed that every game was going to be a sellout......now the truth comes out that for 2 games, they are only renting half the stadium and you proclaim THAT is "big boy football" keep living in your fantasy land.
Link to a post where someone said all the games would be sellouts.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
My concern is these tickets will be nearly the same price as what the Tickets are this season minus Tech Fund contributions.

I just hope we dont overplay our hand here with $500 season tix plus Tech Fund.
Only possible path out of debit hole bds full of fans who pay much more for tickets.
Then the cheap gt alumns can afford to buy them because they can actually sell the crummy acc games and get $. Now they are like free at game time. The tickets to our level of college ball are way way cheaper than pro teams. If we up our game while staying up beat, there are are plenty of businesses that will pay way more than our current prices for the good seats. If we are near elite - get ready for higher prices and other requirements. Using the word good and gt football sounds great

If this effort by tstan and cgc fails, i dont see a pretty picture. Real mystery how so many gt engineers are not outraged to be near the highest in debt to revenue in ncaa.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
U said it first, u have to pay.

Seriously, we are running a 6 million operating deficit while razing money to redo edge and upgrade other facilities.

Per knight commission data base We owe 220,000,000 and make 12,000,000 yearly interest payments. We are near bottom of acc in donations and our ticket sales are low as well.

If we get a major performance up tick on field, i an respecting first a lot better attendance and then a higher ticker price.- about 1,000,000 increase

Not sure how we get to out of the crushing debt except ...

Thats really disturbing

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
cheap gt alumns

Real mystery how so many gt engineers are not outraged to be near the highest in debt to revenue in ncaa.

You answered your mystery before you asked the question.

Many of our GT engineers are too cheap to pony up, but still feel entitled to complain every chance they get.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
There was an opportunity to make this a really good deal.....drop the FCS game and play a "name" team there. Instead, they dropped the home field advantage for 3 ACC games, and turned the two ND games into neutral site games......while practically admitting they will not even meet BDS capacity for two of the games. Yes, it may make some money if their predictions hold true, but that is NOT guaranteed. The optics of playing in a half empty rented stadium will be really bad. Yet the koolaid drinkers here insist on calling this lipsticked pig a silk purse.

I am confused: are you a Georgia (or VT, FSU, et al) fan that likes to dump on everything Tech does, or someone that THINKS they are a Tech fan but doesn't quite understand how to support the team? Do you avoid putting too much water in your glass out of fear it be considered half full?

Animal02

Banned
I am confused: are you a Georgia (or VT, FSU, et al) fan that likes to dump on everything Tech does, or someone that THINKS they are a Tech fan but doesn't quite understand how to support the team? Do you avoid putting too much water in your glass out of fear it be considered half full?
The only thing you are confused about is making a valid rebuttal instead of lame (and erroneous) personal attacks. But that seems to be the common thread of the KoolAire drinkers posting here.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The only thing you are confused about is making a valid rebuttal instead of lame (and erroneous) personal attacks. But that seems to be the common thread of the KoolAire drinkers posting here.

How do you drink a big metal ice machine?

Who can accomplish such a thing?

This is unbelievable!

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

Wow. Your idea of a valid rebuttal is an eye roll and you do almost all of the name-calling around here. Amazing lack of self-awareness in this comment.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Link to a post where someone said all the games would be sellouts.

@Animal02 - will you please follow up on this reasonable request to post all links where people said all the games would be sellouts.

I'm hopeful you can provide a reasonable sample size for your statistical analysis. 30 instances should get us to normal.

Thanks again for your help in mining the necessary data to validate the statement made. It's greatly appreciated.

#EyeRollGang

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
You are ridiculous. You constantly berate other posters for posting opinion versus facts and then do the same thing. You make a claim that some unnamed fans expect the stadium to be sold out but can’t provide a link, you accuse anyone who is excited about the changes underway a “Koolaid drinker” and then whine about personal attacks, you clearly think we will never be any better than we have been but insist on calling yourself a fan?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
These games will definitely be part of season ticket packages.

1. It ensures ticket to the game are sold
2. Sold to GT fans
3. Makes it up to fans since it is a home game
4. They roll the cost of the game into an overall single price to hide how expensive the game is (like they did with Tenn)

Dead on! Hammer --> Nail

LibertyTurns

Banned
If this effort by tstan and cgc fails, i dont see a pretty picture. Real mystery how so many gt engineers are not outraged to be near the highest in debt to revenue in ncaa.
Not usual for Engineers to be confused by financials.

Yes, risky move but Tstan knew that when he committed to CGC. Our personnel budget alone swelled by $9M. You have to sell about 18k more tickets or make the money up by some percentage of that & a combination donations, advertising, merchandise, TV, Conference revenue sharing or concessions. Getting $10M over 5 games or an average of $2M per goes a long way to eradicating the $9+M annual deficit. Now to be fair, the ACC Network is expected to provide $8M per year extra in 2020 and $10-15M in future years.

Last caveat, this is per team so it’s not like GT is bridging any revenue gap against the rest of the ACC. This just helps pay off the annual expenses or retire debt earlier should we choose to. Chances are Tstan will double down on the debt. You have to have new crap to get more money. Nobody would get excited to see Ford or Chevy rolling out the exact same model it produced in 2014. Expect more bonds floated & us to roll the dice CGC will catch lightning in bottle.

If results don’t materialize, well I’m running out of new coaches and probably only have a couple more shots so I will likely carve a “I got to see GT win one National Championship” on my headstone.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
@Bogey404 can you provide more detail to this rumor?
It is not a rumor, simply my understanding of what I heard during a casual conversation with someone that has more knowledge than me of what is being considered in the future. And considering the state of BDS, it certainly would seem to be a serious consideration if we are trying to reach the next level, IMO.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk