AJC: MBS series financial details

Animal02

Banned
I've seen multiple people ask for your legit view on topics and not get replies, but you have plenty of comments to propagate your own narrative.

For instance, you repeatedly mention 45,000 non ND/Clemson seats at MBS vs. 55,000 seats at BDS@HGF. I'm not sure which one would win out, but how does estimated revenue earned per seat figure in to your argument? This would include all revenue streams, such as ticket price, concessions, merchandise, etc. I have not seen your viewpoint on taking that in to account.

I ask this question readily admitting that part of the MBS game rationale is to effect a money grab, as well as a certain personal level of disappointment of not being able to bring friends to campus for the game day experience for the ND game.

As a wise man once said...

I showed in the past how having the extra FCS home game was a money maker compared to playing a "Big Name School" every other year......the same group now dismissing everything because "Tech will make money" are the same ones that INSISTED we should forgo the money and play "Big Name School" It is like "1984" where what was good is bad and what was bad is now good.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I showed in the past how having the extra FCS home game was a money maker compared to playing a "Big Name School" every other year......the same group now dismissing everything because "Tech will make money" are the same ones that INSISTED we should forgo the money and play "Big Name School" It is like "1984" where what was good is bad and what was bad is now good.

Hey bud, wife and i drive 5 hr each way and get 2 day stay at conference center.

Thats big bucks per game .

Give me a break. Ahile i bake at bds, u park in front of tv in detroit.

In 2015 on 2 plays Tulane had 9 men on the field.

The cause of 220,000,000 debt is cheap engineers that dont donate.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I am not sure I follow this. These are all games we have to play, anyway. 3 are in conference and we are required to play ND every so often, per their agreement with the ACC.

I actually agree we should try to add some more cupcakes in our future scheduling, though I would go with a low G5, not an extra FCS, as only one FCS game actually "counts".

But I dont see how this has anything to do with the MBS games...

Last edited:

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

OK, while I haven't seen that analysis and I'm sure it would make money, a couple of things to consider...

All of the MBS games, including the GT/Clemson game are ACC mandated games, not adding a "Big Name School".

The other thing to consider is how scheduling an FCS school impacts our future strength of schedule, relative to our peers.

So while I'm sure such an FCS game has the potential to be profitable, it's not exactly apples to apples. In 2021, we may very well decide to add an FCS school, given our open slot and accomplish what you propose.

That aside, back to my original question of how you view estimated revenue per seat based on the different venue, relative to the expectation of a smaller MBS crowd for non ND/Clemson games?

Animal02

Banned
OK, while I haven't seen that analysis and I'm sure it would make money, a couple of things to consider...

All of the MBS games, including the GT/Clemson game are ACC mandated games, not adding a "Big Name School".

The other thing to consider is how scheduling an FCS school impacts our future strength of schedule, relative to our peers.

So while I'm sure such an FCS game has the potential to be profitable, it's not exactly apples to apples. In 2021, we may very well decide to add an FCS school, given our open slot and accomplish what you propose.

That aside, back to my original question of how you view estimated revenue per seat based on the different venue, relative to the expectation of a smaller MBS crowd for non ND/Clemson games?
Nice focusing on "Big Name School" rather than the point being whether Revenue is the primary factor....which IS the apples to apples comparison

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow

It's also not just about making money. We've already had a ton of press about it and we'll get a ton more press leading up to those games. It generates some excitement while also making money for the school. Adding Elon to the schedule gets nobody excited except people who like to see our running stats go through the roof. The reason the money argument is the focus of the message board debate though is because the trolls can't see any redeeming reason for playing in MBS and money is the easiest one to talk about (because if you bring up publicity, they go on and on about drinking the Koolaire).

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Nice focusing on "Big Name School" rather than the point being whether Revenue is the primary factor....which IS the apples to apples comparison
Okay can you give a quick review? Are you saying a 7th home game or keeping it at 6? Obviously one more home game, against anybody, is extra money...about $1M on average per the articles. Playing at MNS is projected to be worth $2M on average. But don’t understand what one has
to do with the other.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Actually, I said, given the open slot in 2021, we could pursue the strategy you propose.

For the sake of clarity, the apples vs. oranges is the decision to move an ACC mandated game, as opposed to the decision to add a game and choosing between FCS or "Big Name School". Apologies for that lack of clarity. The revenue potential of an FCS game vs. a "Big Name School", assuming it's held at BDS@HGF is apples to apples.

Now that we've established all of this, returning to my original question, how does estimated revenue earned per seat figure in to your argument, relative to 45,000 seats at MBS for non ND/Clemson games vs. 55,000 seats should those games been held at BDS@HGF instead?

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
It's also not just about making money. We've already had a ton of press about it and we'll get a ton more press leading up to those games. It generates some excitement while also making money for the school. Adding Elon to the schedule gets nobody excited except people who like to see our running stats go through the roof. The reason the money argument is the focus of the message board debate though is because the trolls can't see any redeeming reason for playing in MBS and money is the easiest one to talk about (because if you bring up publicity, they go on and on about drinking the Koolaire).
Plus it is practice for the NCG when it’s held in the Benz!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
BS! You ranted and dissed on Key for days just on hearsay which turned out to be false. Own up to it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

I don’t like Key. Still don’t. Own it happily. But the extensive talk about it was generated by posts attacking any criticism.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I just think it’s hilarious that Animal and others do exactly the same thing to those who disagree with them and try to claim some higher moral ground. I don’t actually care what he (and you?) think about Johnson or Collins or the MBS deal but since he seems to want to discuss it he should at least be intellectually honest enough to admit he’s no different than those he lumps together as deluded koolaid drinkers. Just because he’s a wait and see type doesn’t mean he’s right. Plus it has to be more fun to be excited.

Please list one quote of Animal telling anyone they should shut up or stop posting and I’ll criticize him. Good luck your search will be extensive I think.

biggtfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Animal is an alumnus and has probably been a Tech fan longer than you have been alive judging by your juvenile attack.

I've had season tickets for 13 years. While not a long time compared to many others here, it is long enough to have seen the ups and downs of GT football. I don't see how anyone can be a fan and post such consistently negative opinions of the program and what is being done to improve our market awareness, financial health, recruiting and, ultimately, results.

The tone of the posts is so devoid of hope, optimism, or fair-mindedness that I legitimately question their purpose. I would expect a GT fan to go on another team's board and crap all over their plans, but not to do it here for a team they profess to support.

If CGC came in and changed nothing from the CPJ years, most would say he is not moving the program forward or doing enough to make us relevant. Is there some "Goldilocks" level of innovation that CGC can implement that would please you and Animal? If so, can you describe what it looks like?

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Smh. When some complained primarily about losing a big game in the atmosphere of BDS instead of MBS.....folks jumped on the “exposure plus we will make more money” angles. The conversation has gone round and round. Might as well yell at the Earth to stop spinning.

Y’all are no longer discussing pros and cons of the decision m but are instead complaining about how the discussion has progressed and motives behind opinions. And the Earth keeps spinning.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Nobody has told anyone to stop posting. You guys act like victims when you get pushback for your nonsensical takes. Lol

Hmmmm....is it really worth dredging many up and quoting them here to prove you wrong. Damn time consuming but I may get around to it after Mother’s Day.

It absolutely has been happening. Not a discussion of points but a ton of ...cry, sniff, cry,....”why do you have to piss on our parade and why can’t you just get on board” nonsense.