AJC: MBS series financial details

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
Falcons season ticket holders don’t get first dibs it’s the people who own personal license seats that get first right of refusal. Then the seats go to the public.

And how many will drop $100-$250 for tix? I actually hope they do, since this is a money grab.

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
These games will definitely be part of season ticket packages.

1. It ensures ticket to the game are sold
2. Sold to GT fans
3. Makes it up to fans since it is a home game
4. They roll the cost of the game into an overall single price to hide how expensive the game is (like they did with Tenn)

My concern is these tickets will be nearly the same price as what the Tickets are this season minus Tech Fund contributions.

I just hope we dont overplay our hand here with $500 season tix plus Tech Fund.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
College Gameday is a good point. The last time we hosted College Gameday at BDS was when we played ND. The same ND that we have agreed to play at MBS instead of BDS twice in the next 5 years. It is going to be difficult to get College Gameday at BDS if we are moving some of the good candidate games for College Gameday to MBS. They aren't coming for the VT or UNC games.
I think it's the fact that it's being played at MBS that it'll potentially bring in College Gameday. Here's a comparison: College Gameday was hosted at the Unranked Virginia Tech vs. #17 Tennessee game in week 2 of 2016. Why did the bother making this matchup between a couple non-contenders their marquee game? Because it was being held in a unique venue at Bristol Motor Speedway. I understand that playing at a speedway is much more unique than playing in a pro stadium, but my point is that it being a special event at a special venue that can easily accommodate the Gameday crew could be the deciding factor in their decision to come to GT. I could even see them doing a bit where they start live at GT for the first half and then make a short trip down the road to get to MBS where they finish the rest of their show, putting the spotlight on GT and their connection to Atlanta. The only hard part would be making sure our record (and our opponents' record) is good enough to warrant being showcased.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
College Gameday is a good point. The last time we hosted College Gameday at BDS was when we played ND. The same ND that we have agreed to play at MBS instead of BDS twice in the next 5 years. It is going to be difficult to get College Gameday at BDS if we are moving some of the good candidate games for College Gameday to MBS. They aren't coming for the VT or UNC games.

Sadly they aren’t coming to BDS anytime soon no matter who we play, we have got to get consistently better to make that happen

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Has it occurred to anyone that it’s possible that once this thing gets going over the next several years, there will not be as many “home games at BDS@HGF” held in the future forever from now on?
This is not consistent with what I have heard, which there is a major rebuild of BDS planned for the future.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Has it occurred to anyone that it’s possible that once this thing gets going over the next several years, there will not be as many “home games at BDS@HGF” held in the future forever from now on?

I'm going to assume you meant that we'd move even more than just ONE game/year away from BDS@HGF. And if that's the case then the answer is absolutely not. It has not occurred to me that we'd want to move even more games away from a venue that our coach has called one of the best venues, especially at night, for college football anywhere.

What in the messaging from Todd and Geoff has given you the impression we would want to do this or even continue one game/year if it wasn't financially and athletically profitable for us? It seems like it is financially good for us right now. It seems VERY obvious that right now this is good for recruiting. The larger college football world is taking notice of GT in a positive way. Why are we looking for ways to shut that down by constantly raising objections and "fear of change/failure" issues?

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is not consistent with what I have heard, which there is a major rebuild of BDS planned for the future.

U said it first, u have to pay.

Seriously, we are running a 6 million operating deficit while razing money to redo edge and upgrade other facilities.

Per knight commission data base We owe 220,000,000 and make 12,000,000 yearly interest payments. We are near bottom of acc in donations and our ticket sales are low as well.

If we get a major performance up tick on field, i an respecting first a lot better attendance and then a higher ticker price.- about 1,000,000 increase

Not sure how we get to out of the crushing debt except ...

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
I know that without gross overreactions that message boards wouldn't exist, but here's some context on how PSL system works at MBS (our company has multiple sets of seats).

At some date WAY in advance, anyone with suite or club PSL will get option to purchase their suite or club seat for the Notre Dame game (using that as an example). Most of these are own by corporations, so they'll make a bottom-line decision if they want to spend XX for that game.

After that, GT will get all the remaining tickets to distribute to season ticket holders and the contracted amount to Notre Dame. Then, PSL holders in other parts of the stadium have the option to buy tickets to the game (not necessarily their seat for Falcons/United).

So anyone saying that all PSL holders or Falcons/United season tickets holders get tickets before GT season ticket holders is wrong. It's accurate that those people will get a chance before the general public. Hopefully, GT will sell enough from season tickets (and those people buying extras) that they never end up selling to the general public.

Overall, this is a great financial deal for GTAA, and GT fans who complain about bench seats, concession prices, weather will get one game a year where they will have to b**** about something else :) Not the mention that CGC said it's a great recruiting tool to tell a kid that he's guaranteed to play every year in one of best stadiums in world.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
U said it first, u have to pay.

Seriously, we are running a 6 million operating deficit while razing money to redo edge and upgrade other facilities.

Per knight commission data base We owe 220,000,000 and make 12,000,000 yearly interest payments. We are near bottom of acc in donations and our ticket sales are low as well.

If we get a major performance up tick on field, i an respecting first a lot better attendance and then a higher ticker price.- about 1,000,000 increase

Not sure how we get to out of the crushing debt except ...
Financing will certainly be a problem, way above my pay grade. If Tech football does not become a hot ticket item for Atlanta, the plan may become only a dream IMO.

Animal02

Banned
Animal still wants us to run the 3O, like the Big Boys do.
drink the koolaid some more...........pretty comical that when this deal was announced, the koolaid drinkers like yourself claimed that every game was going to be a sellout......now the truth comes out that for 2 games, they are only renting half the stadium and you proclaim THAT is "big boy football" keep living in your fantasy land.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
drink the koolaid some more...........pretty comical that when this deal was announced, the koolaid drinkers like yourself claimed that every game was going to be a sellout......now the truth comes out that for 2 games, they are only renting half the stadium and you proclaim THAT is "big boy football" keep living in your fantasy land.

Dude this is supposed to be enjoyable.. it's a game. I don't understand the point of crapping on anyone who decides to be positive and supportive of the program in every thread. You can state your opinion without accusing everyone of being brainless sheep "drinking koolaid" like we're in Jonestown.

We're fans of a college football team, for most normal people if we can't be positive about something like this and enjoy it we wouldn't pay attention to it. Let alone come on a message board and ***** every day.

Milwaukee

Banned
Dude this is supposed to be enjoyable.. it's a game. I don't understand the point of crapping on anyone who decides to be positive and supportive of the program in every thread. You can state your opinion without accusing everyone of being brainless sheep "drinking koolaid" like we're in Jonestown.

We're fans of a college football team, for most normal people if we can't be positive about something like this and enjoy it we wouldn't pay attention to it. Let alone come on a message board and ***** every day.

@Animal02: What is it that you want/what will make you happy and not miserable towards the board? Think about it before you respond. What is it that will make you happy? Genuine question that everyone would like to know since you're obviously going to continue to post here.