AJC: MBS series financial details

LibertyTurns

Banned
It is not a rumor, simply my understanding of what I heard during a casual conversation with someone that has more knowledge than me of what is being considered in the future. And considering the state of BDS, it certainly would seem to be a serious consideration if we are trying to reach the next level, IMO.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
You’re not wrong.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I know one of the first rules of the internet is to not feed the trolls, but I'm not sure exactly what you are objecting to in this thread. Is it merely @ATL1 use of the phrase "playing Big Boy football"? Do you not think that Georgia Tech already plays "big boy football"? We play in a Power 5 conference and we are not in the cellar of that conference.

If you think that Georgia Tech does not already play "big boy football", what is your definition of "big boy football"? Is it defined by wins and losses, attendance, revenue, conference affiliation? If we are not there yet in your opinion, wouldn't doing something different than what we have been doing be a step in the right direction? You would have to agree that playing in MBS would be different than what we are currently doing.

Please clearly express your opinion rather than calling out other posters on this message board as delusional. It reflects poorly upon your character, unless you are, indeed, just a troll.

Please clearly express your opinion rather than calling out other posters on this message board as trolls. It reflects poorly upon your character, unless you are, indeed, just delusional. ;)

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The same people that criticize GT for trying to make money to keep the football program afloat are the same people that a) don't write big checks to help out and b) don't even come to the spring game or buy season tickets. Don't feed the trolls.

Do you always sling mud when you differ in opinions with others? Classy.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Dude this is supposed to be enjoyable.. it's a game. I don't understand the point of crapping on anyone who decides to be positive and supportive of the program in every thread. You can state your opinion without accusing everyone of being brainless sheep "drinking koolaid" like we're in Jonestown.

We're fans of a college football team, for most normal people if we can't be positive about something like this and enjoy it we wouldn't pay attention to it. Let alone come on a message board and ***** every day.

I love how all of y’all quote those you disagree with and then tell them to shut up. Brilliant.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Animal02: What is it that you want/what will make you happy and not miserable towards the board? Think about it before you respond. What is it that will make you happy? Genuine question that everyone would like to know since you're obviously going to continue to post here.

Why does the board demand consensus? Why is any dissent so inflaming that you wish to silence it?

I don’t like the move to MBS. And that opinion has absolutely nothing to do with the current or any prior staff. I just love BDS and don’t like MBS. And that ND game at BDS I had greatly looked forward to after our last trip to ND. Now?.... I’d just as soon watch the MBS games from my recliner.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I am confused: are you a Georgia (or VT, FSU, et al) fan that likes to dump on everything Tech does, or someone that THINKS they are a Tech fan but doesn't quite understand how to support the team? Do you avoid putting too much water in your glass out of fear it be considered half full?

Animal is an alumnus and has probably been a Tech fan longer than you have been alive judging by your juvenile attack.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
@Animal02 - will you please follow up on this reasonable request to post all links where people said all the games would be sellouts.

I'm hopeful you can provide a reasonable sample size for your statistical analysis. 30 instances should get us to normal.

Thanks again for your help in mining the necessary data to validate the statement made. It's greatly appreciated.

#EyeRollGang

So you think most Tech fans think we won’t sell out MBS? I think Animal is more positive about our fan base than you are :D

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
You are ridiculous. You constantly berate other posters for posting opinion versus facts and then do the same thing. You make a claim that some unnamed fans expect the stadium to be sold out but can’t provide a link, you accuse anyone who is excited about the changes underway a “Koolaid drinker” and then whine about personal attacks, you clearly think we will never be any better than we have been but insist on calling yourself a fan?

So let me get this straight. Animal’s use of the Koolaid schtick goes back to a bunch of heated criticism he took for saying he would take a more wait and see approach to the new staff before declaring it a complete success. (Yes he also pointed out some of the hypocrisy some were displaying who previously demeaned every prior success of the last staff).

But you think saying koolaid drinkers is equivalent or worse than calling a long time Tech fan and alum a fan of another team simply here to troll.

That’s BS. And if the bozo that made that claim had even glanced at Animals record of posts in this forum said bozo would have known that statement to be a lie rather than a statement of ignorance.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
So let me get this straight. Animal’s use of the Koolaid schtick goes back to a bunch of heated criticism he took for saying he would take a more wait and see approach to the new staff before declaring it a complete success. (Yes he also pointed out some of the hypocrisy some were displaying who previously demeaned every prior success of the last staff).

But you think saying koolaid drinkers is equivalent or worse than calling a long time Tech fan and alum a fan of another team simply here to troll.

That’s BS. And if the bozo that made that claim had even glanced at Animals record of posts in this forum said bozo would have known that statement to be a lie rather than a statement of ignorance.
So let me ask you this. Don’t you think it’s telling that someone who evidently hasn’t researched his posting history, simply read his recent posts and came away with the impression that he isn’t a fan? It’s possible to be a skeptic or “wait and see” without literally crapping on every thread where people are excited, even if they are over the top. That’s what fans do you know, go a bit overboard.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
So let me ask you this. Don’t you think it’s telling that someone who evidently hasn’t researched his posting history, simply read his recent posts and came away with the impression that he isn’t a fan? It’s possible to be a skeptic or “wait and see” without literally crapping on every thread where people are excited, even if they are over the top. That’s what fans do you know, go a bit overboard.

It’s telling that he would make that statement yes. And it was ignorant at minimum.

You guys don’t want to hear from Animal as much stop attacking every post he makes and there will be less back and forth. All parties seem eager to continue the battle...or at least not back down.

I can respect that. What I don’t respect are attempts to silence others.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I loved whiskeys three day rant on coach key whom he said was rumored to have told recruits gt is hard. At the time he was rumored to have said that our grad rate for football players was just above 50 %.
9 posts lecturing in support of the biggest cgc hater on the board. I love it.

Called me drunk w roll eyes one time to many.
If we ask animal to not post negative posts about cgc, would thier be any posts?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
9 posts in a row by ole WC!! Hahaha

TLDR!!!

Uh oh.....did I pass some written or unwritten board rule? Gasp. Just catching up. Been busy. Glad to see you too ;)

Lots of wanna be hall monitors these days

I could be wrong, but I got the impression that, while @Buzztheirazz didn't have the time to read all of the posts, he was congratulating @Whiskey_Clear on his impressive production level.

Just my opinion, @Animal02.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I loved whiskeys three day rant on coach key whom he said was rumored to have told recruits gt is hard. At the time he was rumored to have said that our grad rate for football players was just above 50 %.
9 posts lecturing in support of the biggest cgc hater on the board. I love it.

Called me drunk w roll eyes one time to many.
If we ask animal to not post negative posts about cgc, would thier be any posts?

See this is where you display your hypocrisy and nonsense.

I didn’t rant about Key. I posted an opinion that you(?) and others got very butthurt over. After making my initial point every post that followed was in reply to someone arguing and actually ranting about my opinion.

Thought fascism.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
See this is where you display your hypocrisy and nonsense.

I didn’t rant about Key. I posted an opinion that you(?) and others got very butthurt over. After making my initial point every post that followed was in reply to someone arguing and actually ranting about my opinion.

Thought fascism.
BS! You ranted and dissed on Key for days just on hearsay which turned out to be false. Own up to it.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
It’s telling that he would make that statement yes. And it was ignorant at minimum.

You guys don’t want to hear from Animal as much stop attacking every post he makes and there will be less back and forth. All parties seem eager to continue the battle...or at least not back down.

I can respect that. What I don’t respect are attempts to silence others.
I just think it’s hilarious that Animal and others do exactly the same thing to those who disagree with them and try to claim some higher moral ground. I don’t actually care what he (and you?) think about Johnson or Collins or the MBS deal but since he seems to want to discuss it he should at least be intellectually honest enough to admit he’s no different than those he lumps together as deluded koolaid drinkers. Just because he’s a wait and see type doesn’t mean he’s right. Plus it has to be more fun to be excited.