AJC: MBS series financial details

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
He's just still sour about the coaching change and is going to put down whatever we do to try and improve our program from here on out. Because playing in a half empty BDS in primetime vs Virginia is real "Big Boy Football".
How come the ones who are always telling posters to "get over" the coaching change are always bringing up the coaching change?

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
How come the ones who are always telling posters to "get over" the coaching change are always bringing up the coaching change?

It doesn't take much to see what motivates the bitterness and negativity of a couple of these posters. Just putting 2 and 2 together and calling it like I see it. Wait, are you trying to play hall monitor? Thought fascism! Lol.

Milwaukee

Banned
For my take, I don’t mind guys being excited about the new regime, but I’m not gonna sit quietly by when some take shots at the old one. I wish CGC all the best, but he’ll be doing good just to match the successes of the last coach. But by all means let’s be ELITE!

This is very reasonable, and I'm glad to see your new take. Kudos.

"It's never too late to be what you might have been" - George Eliot

Animal02

Banned
Because these posters are living in a fantasy land...........clearly shown by thinking that renting part of a stadium with less capacity than your own, and turning home games into neutral site games for $$$$ is "big boy football" when in reality it is closer to lower level FCS.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Because these posters are living in a fantasy land...........clearly shown by thinking that renting part of a stadium with less capacity than your own, and turning home games into neutral site games for $$$$ is "big boy football" when in reality it is closer to lower level FCS.
So playing a home game in a bigger (potentially) venue on national TV at a marque stadium with national recognition is a bad thing. Okay.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
For my take, I don’t mind guys being excited about the new regime, but I’m not gonna sit quietly by when some take shots at the old one. I wish CGC all the best, but he’ll be doing good just to match the successes of the last coach. But by all means let’s be ELITE!
So calling us the minons who eat the mantra is your way of "wishing cgc well" and being harmonious.

Animal02

Banned
So playing a home game in a bigger (potentially) venue on national TV at a marque stadium with national recognition is a bad thing. Okay.
Renting half a stadium...less capacity than your own...
In 5 years, it will likely no longer be a "marquee" stadium, and national recognition may very well be the optic of a rented half empty stadium.
you can try all you want to ut lipstick on that pig.....it will still be a pig.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Yeah those probably weren’t the best choice of words but you’re one to talk.
Now that u have seen the possible error of your slur , I will likewise consider that i have probably not alwzys used the most appropriate words.

All forgotten. Lets move on

As u know i go to games and meet so many folks and coaches that makes the games and people so vivid. I truly hope u can get to bds stadium. Imo, you and Animal would get so much much much more than most of the attendees. Wont bug u guys any more about buying a ticket.

Did the position coach know the players father had cancer?

Animal02

Banned
The koolaid drinkers here when anything contrary to the narrative is said.
lalala.jpg

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
Renting half a stadium...less capacity than your own...
In 5 years, it will likely no longer be a "marquee" stadium, and national recognition may very well be the optic of a rented half empty stadium.
you can try all you want to ut lipstick on that pig.....it will still be a pig.

Why are you so hung up on the 45k capacity for only 2 of the 5 games? They are using the full stadium for ND/Clemson and already said they can expand it for the other 2 if they need to. Filling up the lower bowl will not give the impression of a half empty stadium. Spreading 45k out across the whole stadium would. This is just a weird thing to get hung up on.

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Is the optic of playing in a “half-empty” pro stadium against an elite program better or worse than the optic of getting your *** kicked by MTSU in a half empty stadium of your own?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The koolaid drinkers here when anything contrary to the narrative is said.
View attachment 5768

I've seen multiple people ask for your legit view on topics and not get replies, but you have plenty of comments to propagate your own narrative.

For instance, you repeatedly mention 45,000 non ND/Clemson seats at MBS vs. 55,000 seats at BDS@HGF. I'm not sure which one would win out, but how does estimated revenue earned per seat figure in to your argument? This would include all revenue streams, such as ticket price, concessions, merchandise, etc. I have not seen your viewpoint on taking that in to account.

I ask this question readily admitting that part of the MBS game rationale is to effect a money grab, as well as a certain personal level of disappointment of not being able to bring friends to campus for the game day experience for the ND game.

As a wise man once said...

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I've seen multiple people ask for your legit view on topics and not get replies, but you have plenty of comments to propagate your own narrative.

For instance, you repeatedly mention 45,000 non ND/Clemson seats at MBS vs. 55,000 seats at BDS@HGF. I'm not sure which one would win out, but how does estimated revenue earned per seat figure in to your argument? This would include all revenue streams, such as ticket price, concessions, merchandise, etc. I have not seen your viewpoint on taking that in to account.

I ask this question readily admitting that part of the MBS game rationale is to effect a money grab, as well as a certain personal level of disappointment of not being able to bring friends to campus for the game day experience for the ND game.

As a wise man once said...

Sorry for a tangent comment- Go to ND in southbend - they are great hosts w many tours the day before and on game day. So many more traditions and monuments to legendary players. A large group of alums wearing green blazers at stadium " asking can i improve your game experience ". Around bds we need some modern plaques for our legendary teams .

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Sorry for a tangent comment- Go to ND in southbend - they are great hosts w many tours the day before and on game day. So many more traditions and monuments to legendary players. A large group of alums wearing green blazers at stadium " asking can i improve your game experience ". Around bds we need some modern plaques for our legendary teams .

I'd like to do that, especially since one friend of mine has the super fancy seats there following their upgrades.