ACC Tournament

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
For what it's worth, I agree. Is anyone trying to convince you?

Metrics I look at suggest ND is better - KenPom for one. And the most basic metric: winning at Syracuse without Colson or Ferrell.

I do think Syracuse's O doesn't do them favors in the eye test, overshadowing how good their D is.

Some fella on twittah...

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is actually a big change for me, but i am rooting for the ACC to get the maximum number of bids it can. The more teams make the tournament, the higher the potential payout to the conference 9and therefore GT).

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Interesting to see some of the early updated brackets this morning.

Palm on CBSSports
L'ville fourth to last team in
Syracuse second to last team in
ND first team out

NCST and FSU 9 seeds, VT 8 seed

Lunardi on ESPN
L'ville last team in
ND second team out
Syracuse fifth team out

FSU 10 seed, NCST and VT 9 seeds

RPI's this morning.
L'ville 39
Syracuse 44
FSU 51
VT 62
NCST 63
ND 64

KenPom
ND 28
L'ville 32
VT 34
FSU 37
NCST 41
Syracuse 55

Deleted member 2897

Interesting to see some of the early updated brackets this morning.

Palm on CBSSports
L'ville fourth to last team in
Syracuse second to last team in
ND first team out

NCST and FSU 9 seeds, VT 8 seed

Lunardi on ESPN
L'ville last team in
ND second team out
Syracuse fifth team out

FSU 10 seed, NCST and VT 9 seeds

RPI's this morning.
L'ville 39
Syracuse 44
FSU 51
VT 62
NCST 63
ND 64

KenPom
ND 28
L'ville 32
VT 34
FSU 37
NCST 41
Syracuse 55

It really is hilarious: ELEVEN teams in the ACC with 20+ wins. And Boston College is still alive today to shoot for #20.

Big disparity in KenPom and RPI for ND. But they are still alive. To me they looked downright poor at times yesterday, but I guess that's to be expected when some of your stars are just back after long injuries. If they win today, if they're the first team out, then they'd be in. Reading all that, it sounds like there are 9 ACC Teams that are in, and 2 more that are currently out but have won twice in the tournament and are still technically alive. Crazy. I mean you can put 2 ACC teams in every region and still have teams left over.

Deleted member 2897

I get it that it wouldn't have mattered because the game was almost over, but it is really poor form by the Refs to not call walking multiple different times on this guy at the end. Sad.

APoNzz.gif

Deleted member 2897

I don't see one there.

What - travel? LOL. His right leg is his pivot foot when he first catches the ball. He slides/hops on that foot in the first travel. Then he dribbles, and when he picks up his dribble his left foot is his pivot foot. Then he starts walking away to celebrate right before the buzzer sounds.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Headed to Barclays now for a fun day.

@MidtownJacket - I promise I've started crafting a response, just can't post anything other than Kevin Stallings hot takes from my phone.

Haha no worries. Enjoy the tourney and I’ll look forward to picking the thread back up when you find some time. I actually just started a new company and have signed my first client this week so am running around getting some stuff in order before showing up on Monday morning.

Also #I’mJelly you’re up there for the games. I’m taking my dad next year to the ACC Tourney. We went in 04 for the final 4 and most home games from 03/04-13/14 but I moved to DC and now Texas so haven’t been back for late season games in a few years. I did fly in for the preseason game this year against GSU (hope I didn’t bring the bad juju) but haven’t seen the team live since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
2 more updated bracket projections.

SB Nation
L'ville - next to last in
ND 4th out
Syracuse 7th out

Bracketville
Syracuse - 2nd out
ND 4th out.

I think ND and L'ville are in for sure if they can pull off upsets today. NOt likely but who knows.
Syracuse is in an uncomfortable position of not being able to do anything further and having to watch other potential bubble teams play.

I actually feel like the bubble is stronger this year than the last few years. The last couple of years I didn't think any team really had a real case if they were left out. This year the cases look a little stronger.

ACC could end up with anywhere from 8 to 11 bids.

it will be interesting to see what the committee values most and what teams can win enough to take themselves off the bubble.
Syracuse is sort of the good win bad loss team.
They have wins over Buffalo, VT, Clemson and at L'ville and at Miami. But they have losses at Wake and GT.

L'ville is sort of the no bad loss team.
They have sweep over VT and wins over FSU at home and neutral.
They have no bad losses, every loss is to a team that is going to be in the Tourney or is a serious bubble team.
if they get left out the last second against UVA is going to haunt them.

ND
They have wins over Wichita St, NCST, FSU and against VT neutral.
But they have losses against Ball St and Indiana (both with Bonzie playing and a loss at GT without Bonzie,
Like L'ville they still have their future in their hands.

IMO Syracuse has the best set of wins, but also the worst losses -especially compared to L'ville.
ND has to beat Duke to get in.
L'ville might be able to get in without beating UVA but I wouldn't count on it.

If you are these 3 teams you want all the bubble teams in the other P6 conferences losing today.

Deleted member 2897

2 more updated bracket projections.

SB Nation
ND 4th out
Syracuse 7th out

Bracketville
Syracuse - 2nd out
ND 4th out.

I think ND and L'ville are in for sure if they can pull off upsets today. NOt likely but who knows.
Syracuse is in an uncomfortable position of not being able to do anything further and having to watch other potential bubble teams play.

I actually feel like the bubble is stronger this year than the last few years. The last couple of years I didn't think any team really had a real case if they were left out. This year the cases look a little stronger.

ACC could end up with anywhere from 8 to 11 bids.

it will be interesting to see what the committee values most and what teams can win enough to take themselves off the bubble.
Syracuse is sort of the good win bad loss team.
They have wins over Buffalo, VT, Clemson and at L'ville and at Miami. But they have losses at Wake and GT.

L'ville is sort of the no bad loss team.
They have sweep over VT and wins over FSU at home and neutral.
They have no bad losses, every loss is to a team that is going to be in the Tourney or is a serious bubble team.
if they get left out the last second against UVA is going to haunt them.

ND
They have wins over Wichita St, NCST, FSU and against VT neutral.
But they have losses against Ball St and Indiana (both with Bonzie playing and a loss at GT without Bonzie,
Like L'ville they still have their future in their hands.

IMO Syracuse has the best set of wins, but also the worst losses -especially compared to L'ville.
ND has to beat Duke to get in.
L'ville might be able to get in without beating UVA but I wouldn't count on it.

If you are these 3 teams you want all the bubble teams in the other P6 conferences losing today.

The ACC is its own worst enemy. Virginia just about swept everyone and Pitt got swept by everyone. But 4 teams tied for 3rd at 11-7. 9 teams were within 3 conference wins of each other. An amazing 9 teams are within 20 and 22 total wins. That sort of thing makes it very difficult on bracket people. I don't envy them this year. There will likely be a ton of 20-10 type teams who get left out.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Haha no worries. Enjoy the tourney and I’ll look forward to picking the thread back up when you find some time. I actually just started a new company and have signed my first client this week so am running around getting some stuff in order before showing up on Monday morning.

Also #I’mJelly you’re up there for the games. I’m taking my dad next year to the ACC Tourney. We went in 04 for the final 4 and most home games from 03/04-13/14 but I moved to DC and now Texas so haven’t been back for late season games in a few years. I did fly in for the preseason game this year against GSU (hope I didn’t bring the bad juju) but haven’t seen the team live since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeya there

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The ACC is its own worst enemy. Virginia just about swept everyone and Pitt got swept by everyone. But 4 teams tied for 3rd at 11-7. 9 teams were within 3 conference wins of each other. An amazing 9 teams are within 20 and 22 total wins. That sort of thing makes it very difficult on bracket people. I don't envy them this year. There will likely be a ton of 20-10 type teams who get left out.

Apart from our results I loved this year. Pretty much the definition of chaos.

Deleted member 2897

Apart from our results I loved this year. Pretty much the definition of chaos.

Yup. My gut tells me we'll be a heavy contributor to the chaos next year and be right in that 9-9/10-8 and 20-11 range.

Here is the out of conference records of the ACC teams from the bottom up. That area is where I think we will make the largest improvement next year:
Pittsburgh: 8-6
Wake Forest: 7-6
Georgia Tech: 7-7

Boston College: 10-3
Notre Dame: 10-3
Syracuse: 11-2
Louisville: 10-3
Florida State: 11-1
Virginia Tech: 11-2
North Carolina: 11-2
North Carolina State: 10-3
Miami: 11-1
Clemson: 11-1
Duke: 12-1
Virginia: 11-1

If you look at that long second group - that's 12 teams all within 2 losses. 12 teams with barely a spit of difference. Just going 11-3 OOC instead of 7-7 makes us 17-14 at the end of the regular season. Going 9-9 in the ACC makes that 20-11. It won't take that big of a leap next year to be right in the meaty middle of the ACC IMHO.