ACC Tournament

crut

Helluva Engineer
I honestly feel like the bull**** officiating in this conference really hurts ACC teams in the NCAA tournament. I know UNC won it and Louisville and Duke have recently as well but the league always seems to have a bunch of teams eliminated by the end of the first weekend.
Last year is the only year in a while I can remember that the ACC did poorly as a conference in the tourney. Over the past 6 years its been the best performing conference in the NCAA tourney.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Last year the ACC got their **** wrecked because they played like pansies and weren't getting the calls they're used too.

I mean in general sure, but an ACC team still won the entire tournament and it's probably the school that is most used to getting the calls.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
The game last night was VERY physical. No "pansies" on floor in that game.
Which is why I love the way UVA plays. If there was an NBA style playoffs instead of a single elimination tournament, I'd be willing to bet they would've had a Championship by now. Possibly 2. Just sucks for them when a team just gets hot from 3 and they don't have the offense to keep up. I'd take them over almost anyone in a 5 or 7 game series.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Which is why I love the way UVA plays. If there was an NBA style playoffs instead of a single elimination tournament, I'd be willing to bet they would've had a Championship by now. Possibly 2. Just sucks for them when a team just gets hot from 3 and they don't have the offense to keep up. I'd take them over almost anyone in a 5 or 7 game series.
This year's UVA team does have the offense to keep up.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Ty Jerome is a dagger-dealing PG. He's so solid and he doesn't make mistakes. Then he gets by his guy and makes the floater that seals the deal. Or he pokes the ball away from your PG and starts a break. Or he wedges in and gets a weak side rebound. And he's gonna be there for two more friggin years.

Side note, I'm really hoping other schools are saying similar things about JA next year!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Ty Jerome is a dagger-dealing PG. He's so solid and he doesn't make mistakes. Then he gets by his guy and makes the floater that seals the deal. Or he pokes the ball away from your PG and starts a break. Or he wedges in and gets a weak side rebound. And he's gonna be there for two more friggin years.

Side note, I'm really hoping other schools are saying similar things about JA next year!

I think schools are gonna find pesky in more of a Matt Farrell way. Based on your description of Jerome, I think Devoe may turn out like him and wouldn't that be a nice development.