ACC Tournament

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Every NCAA tournament game that the ACC participates in earns approx. $1.7M to the conference, as of last year.

In other words, every team that gets in this year guarantees another $113k to GT. And then more if the teams win.

So, I'm hoping for all ACC bubble teams to make the tourney, every year. Though I may concede it if the hilariousness of Duke or UNC falling short is on the table.

Deleted member 2897

Every NCAA tournament game that the ACC participates in earns approx. $1.7M to the conference, as of last year.

In other words, every team that gets in this year guarantees another $113k to GT. And then more if the teams win.

So, I'm hoping for all ACC bubble teams to make the tourney, every year. Though I may concede it if the hilariousness of Duke or UNC falling short is on the table.

Duke and UNCheat are locks to at least get in, so I'm okay with them losing in round 1 of the ACC Tournament. If Notre Dame beats Virginia Tech tonight, they'd have Duke next. They probably need to beat both teams (3 wins in ACC Tournament) to get a serious look. Its hard to get into the NCAA Tournament as the #11 team from any conference, even the ACC. But given their star players were out for so long, I think 3 wins gets a lot of people talking. I've already read plenty of sports analysts giving the caveat of Notre Dame's injury problems that are now clear...so its on their radar.

Syracuse plays UNCheat tonight. I don't think Syracuse deserves to get in yet, but my Georgia Tech wallet and the world's karma wants them to win and UNCheat to lose. They would then play Miami, whom they can also beat. But eventually playing every single day against a brand new fresh team is too much of a mountain to climb. I'd love to see Notre Dame and Syracuse each win 3 games, because they'd then play each other, so 1 of them would win 4 and make the Final Game. Hilarious. I think both of their trains stop shortly though - just too much fresh opponents versus being worn down.

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah it was Wafer pretty sure. In my first post I just went with #22 off memory I cant believe I remembered that.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah it was Wafer pretty sure. In my first post I just went with #22 off memory I cant believe I remembered that.

It sounds like it was Tim Pickett. He was #22 also and the highest scorer on their 04 team.

upload_2018-3-7_15-27-2.png

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Just watching NCSU/BC, I wonder if the refs ever saw any of the same training materials. They are letting go all the little bumps/breaths/possibly touched him fouls that yesterday were automatic.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Nice win by BC. According to Vegas, NC State was only a 3 point fav. Shows how little separated an 11-7 regular season from a 7-11 regular season in the ACC this year.

Up next: ND (8-10) is favored by 2 over VT (10-8), though that line obviously has extenuating circumstances.

Deleted member 2897

HA! TEN teams in the ACC now have 20+ wins. Boston College and Syracuse have 19.

Boston College plays a beatable Clemson team next. LOL.

Go Notre Dame and Syracuse and Boston College. LOL.