ACC Football Thread

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
We went to that bowl a few years ago when they were in it. They lost but it was fun. They think they can run the table, I think they finish with 2-3 losses and win the mac. Maybe Idaho potato bowl as well. They went to that when he was there. It's amazing the stuff they give the players even at that bowl. Also the RandL bowl had some sweet gifts. Like iPads, beats headphones, and giftcards
I think Ohio U goes 10-2 and Appalachian State will go 11-1 in my opinion

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Do y'all think Larry Fedora will be fired halfway through the season or will UNC wait until December to do it? I think Larry Fedora will be fired probably after the Syracuse game on October 20th when the Tarholes record of futility reaches 0-6.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I doubt they fire him mid season. Not their style and he still has a halo of staying through their dark times of potential NCAA problems.
He is also signed through 2022 though I saw something that makes me think his buyout may be manageable. Plus this year he can claim the problem is idiot players doing stupid stuff that the university compliance staff told them not to.

In reality, the thing that I think will get him fired is he is losing almost every major in state recruiting battle to Doren and NCSU. That is not acceptable for sure.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I doubt they fire him mid season. Not their style and he still has a halo of staying through their dark times of potential NCAA problems.
He is also signed through 2022 though I saw something that makes me think his buyout may be manageable. Plus this year he can claim the problem is idiot players doing stupid stuff that the university compliance staff told them not to.

In reality, the thing that I think will get him fired is he is losing almost every major in state recruiting battle to Doren and NCSU. That is not acceptable for sure.
I think this is the worst Tarholes team since 1988 when they were 1-10. I think they go 1-10 with their only win being against Western Carolina.

Jmonty71

Banned
After this weekend's games, here are some observations. Add yours.

FSU- If Willie Taggart is not feeling a bit of heat in his desk chair I would be surprised. Several very strange decisions last night. The Noles never seemed to do anything to adjust.

BC- I know it was UMass, but I did not expect 300 yards passing from BC. Their OL is a force.

UNC- Fedora's seat looks like a western wildfire right now.

NC State- Not as good as my next door neighbor hoped. Their game with JMU was a lot closer than the score.

VT- I had written of their defense after all they lost, but these young guys are good. We need to find a way to neutralize Walker. He's a dude.

Clemson- OK, so they're better than Furman. Was the score actually closer than you expected?

Miami- Unless LSU is really, really good, the U is not back yet.

GT- Too early to tell, but I liked the D very much. Unlike many on the chat Saturday, I did not fret too much regarding Marshall's bad day passing.
Willie Taggart is filing a job that is above his head. He is swimming in a deep pool with no floats. I do not see him lasting long. Has the man had a winning record at one school??

Clemson is Clemson... A relentless defense and an above average offense. Most complete team in CFB, if you ask me.

UNC is a dumpster fire. Fedora is on thin ice.

NC State lost off their beef and now can't even say "moo"... They are in for a long season.

Miami got downgraded to a tropical depression. I thought they were overrated from the start. But, they will still win 8-9 games.

VT looks to be the team that faces Clemson in the annual get your butt kicked by Clemson ACC Championship.

Just to hit a few

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I think this is the worst Tarholes team since 1988 when they were 1-10. I think they go 1-10 with their only win being against Western Carolina.

Maybe so. I don’t know any UNC fans but I suspect they still think of themselves as a basketball
school that dabbles in football. They would like to add a serious football program to their offerings because of the revenue but, in the end, their loyalties lie with basketball. I’m just speculating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Maybe so. I don’t know any UNC fans but I suspect they still think of themselves as a basketball
school that dabbles in football. They would like to add a serious football program to their offerings because of the revenue but, in the end, their loyalties lie with basketball. I’m just speculating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UNC is like Kentucky in as much as they like basketball more than football but i think Kentucky likes football more than North Carolina does.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
UNC is a sleeping giant in football. I saw a great article a couple years back and they were #4 or #5 on the list of sleeping giants in cfb. Let's hope they never find the right coaching staff.
The worst thing to happen to the North Carolina football program was Mack Brown going to Texas after leading North Carolina to an 11-1 record and a #4 ranking in 1997.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow

Yep, my dad is a UNC alum, and this is pretty much what he said when I asked him if Fedora was on the hot seat.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I live in chapel hill and son graduated from unc. They want to win in football but basketball is their passion. They talk about BB recruiting year round like we talk about FB recruiting. Fedora is on thin ice and it was unacceptable to lose to ecu. They hate that. They got a break since the UCF game was cancelled since it would have been a loss but also now the 4 game suspensions go down to 3 unless they play a make up game.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Football coaches at basketball schools usually leave because they realize they can never be the BCOC (Big Coach on Campus....or whatever acronym you'd like to apply to those letters...LOL). See Bear Bryant leaving Kentucky, Mack Brown leaving UNC as two simple examples. In both cases, the basketball program ran the athletic department, and the coaches wanted to be in control, so they left....

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Football coaches at basketball schools usually leave because they realize they can never be the BCOC (Big Coach on Campus....or whatever acronym you'd like to apply to those letters...LOL). See Bear Bryant leaving Kentucky, Mack Brown leaving UNC as two simple examples. In both cases, the basketball program ran the athletic department, and the coaches wanted to be in control, so they left....
Big reason Mac left unc was he realize he couldn't beat FSU back then plus he was going thru a messy divorce. He was looking to win a championship and knew he couldn't do it at unc.