85Escape

Helluva Engineer
So if I read it right:

Duke - Wake Forest @ 3:30Miami - Pitt @ 8:00Georgia Tech Coastal Finish
Duke WinsMiami Wins5th
Duke WinsPitt Wins4th
Wake WinsPitt Wins4th
Wake WinsMiami Wins3rd

So we definitely need to pull for Weak Forest and, unfortunately, for The Thugs.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes if you look at this year..it couldn't be more even between Coastal and Big Ten West
COASTALConfOverallOOCBIG TEN WESTConfOverallOOC
North Carolina6-29-33-1Purdue6-38-42-1
Duke5-38-43-1Iowa5-47-52-1
Pitt5-38-43-1Minnesota5-48-43-0
Georgia Tech4-45-71-3Illinois4-48-44-0
Miami3-55-72-2Wisconsin4-56-62-1
Virginia1-63-72-1Nebraska3-64-81-2
Virginia Tech1-63-82-2Northwestern1-71-110-4
Overall25-2941-4016-11Overall28-3342-4214-9
Winning Pct.
46.30%​
50.62%​
59.26%​
Winning Pct.
45.90%​
50.00%​
60.87%​

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Well the ACC champ game was on level with the other G5 champ games this year, so I had forgot about it, but Clemson took UNC to the woodshed. Feel a little bad for UNC, a few weeks back were 9-1 getting ready to run us out of Chapel Hill enroute to a 10 win season and chance to compete for playoffs. Only to lose us and our 3-4 string Qbs (don’t feel bad about that), then same thing next week to their rival and 4th string Qb, then crushed in ACC champ game and to top it off Downs headed to the NFL. Talk about going from a peak to a valley real quick, If Drake Maye were to announce a transfer I think that would make their fans throw in the towel on Mack Brown. Feels a little like our 2006 season when uga, Wake and WVU beat us 3 times and Calvin headed to NFL. Think that was the beginning of the end for Chan.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
Well the ACC champ game was on level with the other G5 champ games this year, so I had forgot about it, but Clemson took UNC to the woodshed. Feel a little bad for UNC, a few weeks back were 9-1 getting ready to run us out of Chapel Hill enroute to a 10 win season and chance to compete for playoffs. Only to lose us and our 3-4 string Qbs (don’t feel bad about that), then same thing next week to their rival and 4th string Qb, then crushed in ACC champ game and to top it off Downs headed to the NFL. Talk about going from a peak to a valley real quick, If Drake Maye were to announce a transfer I think that would make their fans throw in the towel.
Naw. No tears here for Carolina. They can eat ****. Back to the pit of misery they go. Dilly Dilly

Lil G

Jolly Good Fellow
Can somebody explain to me (a man who drinks) how Miami seems to recruit so well every year? I feel like they’ve been barely in and out of AP rankings for about a decade, and struggle A LOT filling their stadium - at times more than we do.
Yet they consistently crack the top 10 in recruiting rankings. What do they have that tech doesn’t? We check the same boxes of
-Top tier education
-Top tier city
-High-school talent everywhere
-Historically accredited football (both top tier 90’s)
Am I missing something?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Can somebody explain to me (a man who drinks) how Miami seems to recruit so well every year? I feel like they’ve been barely in and out of AP rankings for about a decade, and struggle A LOT filling their stadium - at times more than we do.
Yet they consistently crack the top 10 in recruiting rankings. What do they have that tech doesn’t? We check the same boxes of
-Top tier education
-Top tier city
Am I missing something?
da "U"

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
-Top tier education
-Top tier city
Am I missing something?
It's really pretty simple. January, February and March. Plus, of course, Miami Beach is about 15 minutes from Coral Gables.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
-Top tier education
-Top tier city
Am I missing something?
Boats and Hoes

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NC St has hired Robert Anae from Syracuse to be its new OC.
Good hire for them. He was at UVA with Armstrong 2 years ago - there are some rumors Armstrong could transfer to NC ST to reunite with Anae.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
NC St has hired Robert Anae from Syracuse to be its new OC.
Good hire for them. He was at UVA with Armstrong 2 years ago - there are some rumors Armstrong could transfer to NC ST to reunite with Anae.
How many NC State QBs have made it to the NFL? I bet it is more than most fans would expect. That would not be a bad move for him.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If he decides not to go to Liberty and rejoin Chadwell I could see McCall looking at NC ST as well. Not far from home and an offensive coordinator that has worked really well with QB's with skill sets similar to his.

slugboy

Staff member
-Top tier education
-Top tier city
Am I missing something?
South Beach
Other incentives
Michael Irvin (Dallas Cowboys Hall of Famer) said "the only thing I ever studied at Miami was 'Anatomy'".

Roswellgoldmember

Georgia Tech Fan
-Top tier education
-Top tier city
Am I missing something?
One difference is that their local HS talent is isolated from SEC/ACC powers. It's an 8 hour drive from Miami/Dade County to Gainsville. There are probably 8 P5 programs within a 4/5 hour drive from Atlanta.