ACC Discussion 2022

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Van Dyke left the game in the 2nd quarter with a shoulder injury. They had TO's in every phase of the game including 1 fumble on a Kick return.
3 INT by the backup QB and 5 lost fumbles. I wonder what the FBS record for most TO's by a team in a game is - Miami has to be close.

The personal foul on the Syracuse defender was a good call, but an absolute killer for Syracuse. Their D had stopped Clemson's first drive with a new QB and would get off the field and rest. Instead they have to stay on (have another penalty foul) and give up a TD.

Clemson won not because of the new QB, but because they changed their playcalling after the new QB came in. They basically stopped throwing the ball and just alternated handing it off to Shipley and Mufah for the rest of the game, wore the Syracuse defenders out and managed to get into the end zone twice.

The one reception by the Syracuse WR on that last possession was ridiculous.

Also, Babers letting almost 30 seconds run off the clock before deciding to call a TO was atrocious game management.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Clemson puts in klubnik, comes back and wins,
ACC huddle questions not putting DJ back in because he’s the starter. Only mark Richt states the obvious “why would you change back when it’s working?”

Changing QBs is a good thing that isn't done enough. Just my opinion. (Also changing pitchers more often.)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Please check my math.

We are 2-3 & play vt , mia, and unc
if pitt beats unc , unc will be 3-1.
If we beat mediocre vt and mia teams , our game against unc will be for a spot in the acccg?

slugboy

Staff member
Please check my math.

We are 2-3 & play vt , mia, and unc
if pitt beats unc , unc will be 3-1.
If we beat mediocre vt and mia teams , our game against unc will be for a spot in the acccg?
If we win out, we’ll be 5-3 in conference. UNC is 3-0 right now. UNC has Pitt, UVA, Wake, GT, and NCST to get to 6 conference wins and get ahead of us.

275151E0-4F08-4E1D-918A-EAD41BD30E0C.jpeg

slugboy

Staff member
I thought it was coastal w/l?

For Unc
Wake and ncst don't matter? Only gt and pitt?
It says best winning % in conference games. https://theacc.com/sports/2020/9/23/FB_0923200510.aspx

Wake might not matter, because it might not be a “conference” game. They have 4 games to get 3 wins and secure a tie, and Pitt is tonight. Duke and Miami have more wiggle room to get to six wins.

If UNC loses tonight, they’re 3-1. If they win against UVA and NCST but lose to us, they’re 5-2. I think Wake is a “real” game this year. I think if we win out, UNC has to lose two more games to tie us out of Pitt, Wake, Miami, UVA, and NCST.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Wake was fallible today but it's still wholly realistic UNC loses to them and NCSU. Even @UVA can go either way if you take into account Coastal Chaos and we would have the tiebreaker over every 3-loss Coastal team. Our odds aren't good but I'm not counting Tech out yet. We do need Duke to lose 1 more also but I think they drop one of the games against Pitt or Wake.