ACC Discussion 2022

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Jared Ivey (an ex-ACC player you may have heard of) forced a last minute fumble deep in Ole Miss territory that allowed Ole Miss to hang on to beat Kentucky 22-19.
Yep. ... & Gibbs
Screenshot_20221001_192619.jpg

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Stop crying over spilt milk. Remember we only won 3 games a year with and without them. This season still going on.
We ran off Domineck, Ivey, Bennett- all playing significant snaps and doing well. Bennett was ACC player of week, Ivey just won the game for Ole Piss with a strip sack, Domieck already picked up an SEC DL of week award.

We have a hard time finding DL but somehow have managed to have 3 ex-players excelling elsewhere. It may not have altered the 3 games we lost, but their absence will sure as hell be impactful in the next 7.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
We ran off Domineck, Ivey, Bennett- all playing significant snaps and doing well. Bennett was ACC player of week, Ivey just won the game for Ole Piss with a strip sack, Domieck already picked up an SEC DL of week award.

We have a hard time finding DL but somehow have managed to have 3 ex-players excelling elsewhere. It may not have altered the 3 games we lost, but their absence will sure as hell be impactful in the next 7.
I am not so sure we ran them off, they just left for greener pastures. Can't blame them with how our team has been. This is unfortunately going to be the new norm not just for us, but for roughly 2/3 of the power 5 teams and all of the G5

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I am not so sure we ran them off, they just left for greener pastures. Can't blame them with how our team has been. This is unfortunately going to be the new norm not just for us, but for roughly 2/3 of the power 5 teams and all of the G5
Just have to get good enough to where we are the ones taking the 3 win teams players

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
You all are better humans than me evidently. I don't wish them harm or anything, but I certainly have no reason to root for them either. They quit on Tech....so what possible reason do I have to not 'quit' on them?

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

They ain't dressed in White & Gold tonight in Pittsburgh, so I really don't have any feelings towards them.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
You all are better humans than me evidently. I don't wish them harm or anything, but I certainly have no reason to root for them either. They quit on Tech....so what possible reason do I have to not 'quit' on them?
I am indifferent to them too. I was just pointing out that we didnt run them off. The guys just left

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
AP rankings just came out. ACC down to 4 teams (Clemson in Top Ten, FSU and Pitt fell out but Syracuse moved in). 7 SEC Schools (4 in Top Ten), 3 Big Ten (all in Top Ten), Pac 12 has 5 (1 in Top Ten), 4 from Big 12 (1 in Top Ten), 2 independent/Group of 5. So if you looked at playoff of 12 teams, I think ACC would only have one team.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
After that win last night teams are likely to make Sims beat them throwing and stopping his running (if possible). He made several really good throws but a few that were ill-advised and could have been intercepted. His running was exceptional at times. His ability to improve his decision making will determine the success of the rest of this season.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Am I right that a GT win and a UNC and VT loss this weekend would give us sole possession of first place in the Coastal? That could definitely happen.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
NC State up 19-17, FSU second down from the state 25, 40 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Throw into the endzone intercepted, game over.
Not having a reliable kicker makes you do stupid things to try and not rely on them. We know this too well.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
NC State up 19-17, FSU second down from the state 25, 40 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Throw into the endzone intercepted, game over.
Not having a reliable kicker makes you do stupid things to try and not rely on them. We know this too well.

FSU, UNC, Miami scare me the most out of our remaining ACC schedule. FSU and Miami are just not playing up to their talent level, but it scares me when a team does have that kind of talent and we have to play them. I don't want to be the team they "wake up" against. UNC has an elite offense...they can put up some points. IMO, we're a going to be a big underdog against them.

If we can handle business against UVA (thank the football God it's not in Charlottesville) and VT, we'll need a win against one of Miami/FSU/UNC to go bowling. Crazy to even discuss this, but if we go 2 for 3 against those team, there's a chance we could be playing in an ACCCG. Let's not count our chickens before they hatch...but even thinking that was absurd two weeks ago.