ACC Discussion 2020-21

MidtownJacket

Staff member
That was my plan first day of freshmen orientation at GT.

Look to the left, look to the right...I knocked both those motherf$ckers out!
Just was revisiting this thread, and for some reason started at the beginning and saw this post. Liked it when you made it, and it still makes me laugh! Well done my friend.

Deleted member 2897

I just went through John’s Hopkins website and looked up dozens of European countries. UK, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Solvenia, Slovakia, Bosnia - Italy was the only single country I could find that wasn’t currently at an all time high in daily cases. As we move into cooler weather too soon, it’s really worrying we’re going to have another wave and that would spell trouble for basketball. Being inside, I already expect no to very very few fans. I’m way past ready to be done with this crap!

slugboy

Staff member
I just went through John’s Hopkins website and looked up dozens of European countries. UK, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Solvenia, Slovakia, Bosnia - Italy was the only single country I could find that wasn’t currently at an all time high in daily cases. As we move into cooler weather too soon, it’s really worrying we’re going to have another wave and that would spell trouble for basketball. Being inside, I already expect no to very very few fans. I’m way past ready to be done with this crap!
I thought Germany was low, except for a couple of cities

Deleted member 2897

I thought Germany was low, except for a couple of cities

Germany hit an all time new high today. Europe has 8,000 deaths a day right now - Thats not a typo. That’s like 3,500 deaths a day in the US. It’s spiking terribly in literally almost every European country large and small, and in most of the world too. On a per capita basis, their daily cases and deaths are significantly worse than ours by a country mile. Our northern states that have turned cooler like Wisconsin and the Dakotas are one of the reasons people are connecting these dots. (I believe I heard those states are hitting records right now.)

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I expect the number of fans will be determined on a state by state basis - just like football now. That it is inside will reduce it and it may be zero in some places. But teams should be able to be tested and compete as a separate issue from how many fans are in the stands

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I'm surprised that Syracuse is unaware that Tech has 3 freshmen arriving.
I'm not sure the writer actually attempted to list all newcomers, though I am surprised at the lack of due diligence. Lot of teams are missing some or all of the freshman class in that write-up. The beat writer knows how to find that information as he's a UNC grad who's been covering the team and knows recruiting well enough to find it.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Fair assessment. 5-7 place is about where I see us this year. If the seniors ( Jose, Ush, Moses and Bubba) decide to take advantage of the free year, 21-22 could be a year we’re looking at top 3/4 in the league.

GT_EE78

Banned

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I hate playing GA State. We win and it’s a nothing to see here win. Lose and **** gets bad quick. Locally and nationally. The football series really worries me.