ACC Discussion 2019

slugboy

Staff member
Where do you see that? I don't see that reporting either on his twitter or in his SI column about FSU posted 3 hours ago. I would be surprised if Mark Stoops would make such a decision so quick. He has it pretty good at UK, with a $4.25 million salary, pretty moderate fan expectations, and clearly the potential to have some pretty good seasons (10-3 last year with a bowl win over Penn St).

I think it’s not actually from Pat Forde. There are a lot of unsubstantiated rumors, and that doesn’t look like a true story.

Here’s a story from Pat Forde yesterday, and it doesn’t include the Stoops rumor: https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/04/forde-yard-dash-willie-taggart-fsu

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Poodlehead

Georgia Tech Fan
FWIW, Chuck "The Kang" Oliver on 680 is saying the FSU job is not all that attractive anymore - the administration is screwed up, the facilities aren't top level, and now they've blown
all their money on dumping Willie.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Clemson is getting snubed out of the cfb top 4
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ollege-football-playoff-snub-does-mean-tigers

As I said before I see their point, the acc isn't helping Clemson at this point. Clemson and Alabama both haven't played anyone hard yet
Guess it's kinda sad and ironic to get to the peak of winning the championship but yet no one else around you is that competitive and you get shafted because of that

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ollege-football-playoff-snub-does-mean-tigers

As I said before I see their point, the acc isn't helping Clemson at this point. Clemson and Alabama both haven't played anyone hard yet
Guess it's kinda sad and ironic to get to the peak of winning the championship but yet no one else around you is that competitive and you get shafted because of that

Clemson will make up ground by scoring 75 on South Carolina:cool:

dmel25

Jolly Good Fellow

This really irritates me. They have no respect for Clemson. It's the same old fapfest, circle jerk to the SEC, I laughed at the part where they mention how previous seasons and national titles don't have any weight when it comes to rankings the following year. In this case it's screwing Clemson, yet in previous years they definitely let previous seasons and national titles help Alabama in their rankings.

It's crap. I just hope this disrespect lights a fire in Clemson and they just destroy everyone they play now, get into playoffs and destroy everyone in the playoffs and win it all again. Then maybe they will start respecting the ACC.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The top 4 this early in the season always seems to purposefully drive controversy. Considering two of those teams in the top 4 play each other, Clemson still is in control of their own destiny. This is a year that I do not believe they will be given a shot at the post season with one loss though (even though I think that would be a disgrace).
8-0 Baylor at 12th is worse than Clemson at 5. Baylor being behind Florida who is 7-2 with two wins over FCS schools is a joke.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is getting in the playoff easily and will win it. They are loaded with talent and have the best team. They will take the wind out of the SEC after they repeat. And Bama is gonna easily beat LSU tomorrow. LSU is so overrated and aren’t nearly as talented as Bama.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is getting in the playoff easily and will win it. They are loaded with talent and have the best team. They will take the wind out of the SEC after they repeat. And Bama is gonna easily beat LSU tomorrow. LSU is so overrated and aren’t nearly as talented as Bama.
I have a feeling that LSU will beat Alabama 19-17 and then beat UGAG in the SECCG. I think Clemson and LSU play in the National Championship Game.

So the coaching search for FSU.. Scenarios
Bob Stoops. does he want to do it?
Urban Myer. I think he is aiming for USC
Now for fun
Steve Spurrier. He is not done coaching and imagine him turning FSU into a power that beats UF.
Mark Richt. Going back to FSU.
CPJ. No this will get you going. He brings his offense to FSU and matches it with massive defensive talent. And rocks the College football world.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
The rumor down here is FSU wants Leach and Leavitt stays as DC. If that is the case they could be nasty in a season or two.