ACC Discussion 2019

slugboy

Staff member
The rumor down here is FSU wants Leach and Leavitt stays as DC. If that is the case they could be nasty in a season or two.

I’ve always heard Leach prefers the West, and really the West Coast.
Washington State is 4-4 this year, which is an improvement. Leach’s good years are good, but he’s not always good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
The rumor down here is FSU wants Leach and Leavitt stays as DC. If that is the case they could be nasty in a season or two.
Considering the season Leach is having at WSU, now may be the best time of jumping ship if he's inclined to do so. I don't really think he is a culture fit for FSU though.

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
I’ve always heard Leach prefers the West, and really the West Coast.
Washington State is 4-4 this year, which is an improvement. Leach’s good years are good, but he’s not always good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Considering the season Leach is having at WSU, now may be the best time of jumping ship if he's inclined to do so. I don't really think he is a culture fit for FSU though.
The word from the booster was that I don’t think his buy out is large. Football wise I think it would be a fit. A great offense mind to throw the ball around the yard, kind of like the old days of FSU and then Leavitt would be the tough nose defense that will knock your block off. From Leach’s standpoint is if you can get the train back on the tracks, then if you beat CU you have a clear path to the playoffs.

Deleted member 2897

App State beat an SEC Team yesterday. I finally heard the announcers on the Clemson game acknowledge the ACC doesn’t suck, it’s just balanced with only 1 elite team. Still possible to have 12 bowl teams. And the Coastal is still decent - a VPISU team that looked bad earlier beat the dog snot out of a ranked Wake team.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
App State beat an SEC Team yesterday. I finally heard the announcers on the Clemson game acknowledge the ACC doesn’t suck, it’s just balanced with only 1 elite team. Still possible to have 12 bowl teams. And the Coastal is still decent - a VPISU team that looked bad earlier beat the dog snot out of a ranked Wake team.

Plus Arky got destroyed by the Kentucky Hilltoppers. The SEC is all powerful

LibertyTurns

Banned
Parity does not equal does not suck. The ACC just has crappy parity is all. We are rightfully so labeled as the worst P5 conference in college football this year. Now previous years we certainly got bad press for no good reasons.

Deleted member 2897

Parity does not equal does not suck. The ACC just has crappy parity is all. We are rightfully so labeled as the worst P5 conference in college football this year. Now previous years we certainly got bad press for no good reasons.

Sorry but South Carolina beat Georgia and lost to App State. All conferences have their issues. It’s hard for someone to tell me the ACC sucks when we’re pushing towards 12 bowl teams and there are only a couple teams with losing records. The SEC, Big10, and Pac12 all have twice as many teams with losing records as we do.

I guess the argument is that a 3-7 Big10/SEC/Pac12 team is better than a 5-5 ACC Team. Well okay.

Deleted member 2897

4 of the 7 Coastal teams are already bowl eligible with 3 weeks left.

North Carolina and Duke need 2 wins. North Carolina plays @Pitt, Mercer, and @NC State. They should finish with 6 wins. Duke plays Syracuse (0-5 in the ACC), @Wake and home against Miami. Gonna be tough, but they can do it.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

North Carolina and Duke need 2 wins. North Carolina plays @Pitt, Mercer, and @NC State. They should finish with 6 wins. Duke plays Syracuse (0-5 in the ACC), @Wake and home against Miami. Gonna be tough, but they can do it.
Here's the bowl games that i think ACC Coastal teams will go to

Independence Bowl; North Carolina vs Tulane

Gasparilla Bowl: Duke vs USF

Belk Bowl: Pitt vs Kentucky

Pinstripe Bowl: Miami vs Michigan State

Camping World Bowl: Virginia vs Texas

Sun Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Washington

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck

I will start this off with the caveat that I have not run through every scenario.

Based on conference records, we are the only team in the coastal that is out of contention for the division title and there are only 3 weeks left!

This is not intended to be a slight to Tech as we all had an idea this could be a really rough season, but more to show how crazy the Coastal is.

Animal02

Banned
I will start this off with the caveat that I have not run through every scenario.

Based on conference records, we are the only team in the coastal that is out of contention for the division title and there are only 3 weeks left!

This is not intended to be a slight to Tech as we all had an idea this could be a really rough season, but more to show how crazy the Coastal is.
Crazy or simply parity?

Deleted member 2897

I think it will take care of itself.
Virginia (7-3): Plays Liberty this week then Virginia Tech, both at home. Likely finish is 9-3 and Coastal Champion. That will rank them.
There are 3 other Coastal teams with 6 wins who play each other and some other easy opponents mixed in. It is extremely likely that 1 of them will finish at minimum 8-4 and probably a 50/50 chance 1 of them finishes at 9-3 as well. That will rank them.

Despite how everyone likes to crap on the Coastal, we have a good chance at 6 of the 7 of us going to bowl games. Meanwhile, its a disaster in the Atlantic, with only 1 team other than Clemson having a winning record - Wake Forest. Wake doesn't have a single win all year against a team with a winning record, LOL, but they are 7-2. After losing to Clemson this week by 30 points they finish with Duke and Syracuse. So probably a coin flip they go 9-3 too.

Last year, 13 of the 25 ranked teams after week 12 had 3 or more losses...including 4 teams with 4 losses.

If I had to guess what the regular season would end with, I'd say Clemson will be 12-0 and ranked #3. Virginia and 1 other team will be 9-3. Virginia will be ranked just under #20 and the other will be ranked just over #20.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I think it will take care of itself.
Virginia (7-3): Plays Liberty this week then Virginia Tech, both at home. Likely finish is 9-3 and Coastal Champion. That will rank them.
There are 3 other Coastal teams with 6 wins who play each other and some other easy opponents mixed in. It is extremely likely that 1 of them will finish at minimum 8-4 and probably a 50/50 chance 1 of them finishes at 9-3 as well. That will rank them.

Despite how everyone likes to crap on the Coastal, we have a good chance at 6 of the 7 of us going to bowl games. Meanwhile, its a disaster in the Atlantic, with only 1 team other than Clemson having a winning record - Wake Forest. Wake doesn't have a single win all year against a team with a winning record, LOL, but they are 7-2. After losing to Clemson this week by 30 points they finish with Duke and Syracuse. So probably a coin flip they go 9-3 too.

13 of the 25 ranked teams after week 12 had 3 or more losses...including 4 teams with 4 losses.

If I had to guess what the regular season would end with, I'd say Clemson will be 12-0 and ranked #3. Virginia and 1 other team will be 9-3. Virginia will be ranked just under #20 and the other will be ranked just over #20.
My ACC Bowl Predictions

National Championship Game: Clemson vs LSU

Chick Fil A Peach Bowl: Clemson vs Minnesota

Orange Bowl: Wake Forest vs UGAG

Belk Bowl: Pitt vs Kentucky

Camping World Bowl: Virginia vs Texas

Music City Bowl: Louisville vs Mississippi State

Pinstripe Bowl: Miami vs Michigan State

Sun Bowl: Virginia Tech vs Washington

Quick Lane Bowl: FSU vs Illinois

Independence Bowl: North Carolina vs Tulane

Birmingham Bowl: Boston College vs Temple