ACC Discussion 2019

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
With recruiting tanking and the failsafe Bud Foster leaving, it's as good a time as any for Fuente to look around. I think Fuente can coach, but something is wrong culturally at VPI. Easier path to the playoffs at Baylor, too, in that you only have to get past Oklahoma instead of Clemson.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Wow,

I would see him leaving VT as a slap in the ACCs face. Most people try to get into big time conferences they aren’t trying to leave them. Not a good look when/if a ACC coach looks to an outside team for a promotion

I think you are reading way too much into things. He started off well but struggled last year going 6-7 and this year went 8-5 against a down coastal and brought in a poor class. I'm not saying VT ran him off but I would be surprised if there wasn't some doubts if he would be the guy to get them where they want to be.

Also, fallowing a legend is always hard and he might have just wanted to get out of Beamer's shadow.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you are reading way too much into things. He started off well but struggled last year going 6-7 and this year went 8-5 against a down coastal and brought in a poor class. I'm not saying VT ran him off but I would be surprised if there wasn't some doubts if he would be the guy to get them where they want to be.

Also, fallowing a legend is always hard and he might have just wanted to get out of Beamer's shadow.

I’m just saying that if The ACC wants to be a powerhouse it should be attracting interest not losing people. It may be a mutual thing but it’s a bit like getting let go by Mrs. County Fair 2019 and getting a call from Mrs. America whose saying she thinks you are cute. Baylor was #7 in the country and they want a guy who was moderately good in the woeful ACC ? Somethings wrong with that picture.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I’m just saying that if The ACC wants to be a powerhouse it should be attracting interest not losing people. It may be a mutual thing but it’s a bit like getting let go by Mrs. County Fair 2019 and getting a call from Mrs. America whose saying she thinks you are cute. Baylor was #7 in the country and they want a guy who was moderately good in the woeful ACC ? Somethings wrong with that picture.

Baylor would probably have preferred Norvell, but some team already hired him. Wonder which conference he went to....

In any case, a guy who's experience was primarily from the midwest went back to that region after mixed results and an overall downward forecast at his current one. That's not some bad sign for the ACC. It was a guy cashing out while his stock was somewhat high to go to a situation that probably fit him better personally.