ACC Departures

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Your friends may be right, but the UNC fans (one a huge donor) that I know in Oriental are not so sure. The Brandon Ingram recruiting experience has sucked the confidence out of Chapel Hill. Ingram was (is) a lifelong Tar Heel fan, but went to Duke because of the impending sanctions. Now there is talk of the death penalty for three sports.
"impending sanctions" okay good one Mr. Ingram. It would really affect his 5 months in college before he started training for the pros. Only 1 reason you choose your biggest rival:
B8OyV9yCIAIwmEd.jpg

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand this one. Not returning to NCSU means he will not be drafted until 2019. If then.

He's leaving NCState. He's testing 2017 draft, but not signing agent which means he can go back to school, which would mean a transfer.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He's leaving NCState. He's testing 2017 draft, but not signing agent which means he can go back to school, which would mean a transfer.
Agreed. But, when he goes back to school (somewhere other than NCSU) he have to sit for a year. If he isn't going to be drafted after playing, he is unlikely to get drafted after sitting, so he will have to play as a transfer in the 2018-19 season. Puzzling decision unless he thinks he may have to play in college more than one more season.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. But, when he goes back to school (somewhere other than NCSU) he have to sit for a year. If he isn't going to be drafted after playing, he is unlikely to get drafted after sitting, so he will have to play as a transfer in the 2018-19 season. Puzzling decision unless he thinks he may have to play in college more than one more season.
... unless he had to leave NC State anyway.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I'm guessing he didn't fit in Keatts' plans or didn't like where he fit. No way he gets drafted this year (and I doubt he would ever get drafted). My guess is he transfers to a "mid major" and finishes out his two remaining years having fun and being a bigger fish in a smaller pond. Maybe A10 (GWU had Kavanaugh from Wake this year) or Big East (Xavier, Butler, etc have been past landing spots for ACC transfers)

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I think that can be read as NBA officials counseled Grayson that he didn't have a chance of any of them putting up with his escapades without another year under his belt - and then probably not going to happen anyway.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think that can be read as NBA officials counseled Grayson that he didn't have a chance of any of them putting up with his escapades without another year under his belt - and then probably not going to happen anyway.

I'm trying not to rip the kid but this smacks of a guy not wanting to ply his wares vs the big boys. Preferring to return where it's safe.

He was a prospective lotto pick 2 years ago. Now he's tracking to be the next Jon Scheyer. I mean, that's fine but, dang man, you coulda been a contendah.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Pittsburgh is magic. Leaving before he gets there.

boy is something rotten in Pittsburgh.
Thompson was Stallings first commit and he doesn't even make it to campus. Was one of the 2 best players they had coming in and the only PG.
They had 7 commits (HS and JUCO) at one time and are now down to 5 with basically everyone of note leaving the team.

I might even slot them below BC next year.